AMD new driver(12.9 Beta)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by GTClub_wajdi, Oct 17, 2012.

1. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

Hi guys,anyone has tested this new driver for AMD video cards?
    Some guys in the ISI italian forum had reported a huge improvement in term of fps(15-20%) and smoothness specially for Eyefinity!
    I will test it soon and report the results here!

2. djt

djt Registered

I tested on a fresh OS install with a 7970 when it was first released.

It displayed the same poor image quality and poor super sampling performance that I had with previous releases with games that use older rendering engines. The only games I run anymore that the 7970 is any good for are the releases from Code Masters (Dirt3, F1 series as an example).

The Catalyst 12.10's should be coming soon.

3. MarcG

MarcG Registered

saw this released the other day but not got around to downloading it yet, will give it a whirl later hopefully.

4. MarcG

MarcG Registered

may be of help to some:
    Tri and Quad CrossFire + Eyefinity configurations – Users will no longer see lower than expected performance in certain DirectX 10 and DirectX 11 applications

Its not just RF2 that suffers from stuttering with Crossfire, other games suffer too so maybe this update will help.

5. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

I think these 12.9 betas have been out quite some time now. AMD has said they are done with trying to get new drivers out every month.

6. MarcG

MarcG Registered

yeah late september, good thing too about a driver every month as that has just lead to problems not being correctly fixed. Now they can concentrate on specific driver issues and release when ready, much better IMO. I'm waiting for more reports from 7850 users before instaling 12.9 as my 12.8 drivers are working just fine at the moment and rather things stayed that way!

7. smithaz

smithaz Registered

Do you guys do a clean install with new drivers and wipe the old or just update?

8. Gearjammer

Gearjammer Registered

When it comes to graphics divers, it is always best, especially when dealing with beta drivers to do a fresh install. Anything else and you invite issues.