Noob Q: Is rFactor2 possible alternative to F12012?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by pjsaunders75, Sep 27, 2012.

1. Knight of Redemption

Knight of Redemption Registered

Neither are a real comparison, one is a finished car crash of a game, the other two are are unfinished and their final quality an unknown. Will pcars have great physics to go with the slick graphics? will rF2 get a graphical makeover and optimisation? both are coming from opposite directions during their production so not one of us really knows. Not being a...well I hate the term and am not pointing at anyone when I use it...fanboy, I am watching and playing both games as they develop. Only one thing I know; I wont be buying F1 2012.

2. Gearjammer

Gearjammer Registered

Hehehe, come on Knight, you know you want the bugfest that comes with F1 2012 :)

3. punkstjimmy

punkstjimmy Registered

rFactor and F12012 set out to do two different jobs. rFactor is about the core experience of driving a racing car, which it is very good at replicating. F12012 is about being an F1 driver and is less focused on driving and more about the overall experience.

As an F1 fan and an rFactor fan my dream game would be an officially licensed F1 sim like F12012 but developed by ISI. I don't think i'd ever play another game again.

There would definitely be room for a Codies F1 game and a ISI F1 game as they would cater to completely different markets.

Ah well, i can dream.

4. Gearjammer

Gearjammer Registered

Give the modders time punkstjimmy :)