many circuits but few cars with rF2!!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by GTClub_wajdi, Sep 10, 2012.

1. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

I have noticed that since the release of rF2 Beta,about 8-9months ago,we got a lot of circuits,most of them with a high quality stuff!
    1-Med Ohio
    2-Sebring
    3-Fuji speedway
    4-Mountain Forest
    5-Snetterton 300
    6-Searspoint Racrway
    7-Croft
    8-Watkins Glen
    9-Putnam Park
    10- Heartland Park Topeka
    11-Botniaring
    12-Snetterton 300
    Announed tracks(coming soon):
    1-Hockenheim-Ring
    2-Laguna Seca
    3-TopGear(ready since a while)
    4-Road Atlanta
    5-Queensland Raceway
    6-Boavista
    7-Interlagos
    Like you see,we have already 20 circuits(Nn ISI ufficial circuits) but what about cars(nn ISI mod)?!
    The only car-mod that was been released is The Maserati,some bad quality F1 mods and there is the Audi R18(WIP).
    is this a demonstration that it is easy to create circuits with rFactor 2?
    is this a demonstration that it is difficult to creat cars with rFactor 2?

2. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

It seems all modders guys are waiting for Gold as you very well know. Dont you?

3. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

Yes I do know but why can't they release there "Beta" cars?We all Know that ISI has made this Beta especially for the modders so why they don't use this Beta to test the new packaging system?why they don't release their mods to be tested by us?
    It seems like this Beta was release to circuits modders only!!

4. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

5. privatebrian

privatebrian Registered

Hi GT :)

It's early days yet,remember rf2 is still in developement stage, and as for the modders...well i think
    they will release some fantastic mods when ready :), but don't forget there is still plenty to come from
    ISI.

6. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

9 months......only the Maserati mod!!

7. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

Think there's a decent growing amount waiting in the sidelines awaiting good released

That's both tracks & cars

Alot of rfactor 1 users havn't even crossed over to rfactor 2 yet,when they do (no doubt on or after gold release) even more modders will follow

8. osella

osella Registered

I'm sure LOTS of modders already test their mods privately and that's all what they need. They can test the packaging system perfectly in a small group of modders and since physics can't be finished yet as physics engine is not finished itself, all they would receive would be lots of negative/useless feedback.

I know for sure if I started modding rf2 now, I wouldn't release anything before gold.

9. privatebrian

privatebrian Registered

+1

10. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

I really hope that you are right because I have read somewhere that a lot of rF2 modders have migrated to other parts!
    I love rFactor 2 and for me it is already the best simulator so I hope to see more and more qualitative stuff their!

11. jubuttib

jubuttib Registered

It's always been more difficult to do a car properly than to do a track properly, to some extent. I'm not saying that creating tracks is easy or doesn't involve a lot of work, because it's not easy and it does involve a lot of work, but tracks are much more dependent on making good 3D models and having good textures, not that much work on the physics side of things (there is some, but it's not the main focus). Cars on the other hand do benefit from good modeling and texture work, but they live on the physics, and those are just plain hard to do properly, especially now that the tyres have become so complicated, and the physics engine keeps changing.

12. osella

osella Registered

I'm curious where would all the modders go. Since there is no other major sim released in last 1-2 years so open to modding.

Everyone talks about AC but so far all we have are words, modders couldn't go there (yet).

1 person likes this.
  13. privatebrian

privatebrian Registered

All will come to he who waits :)

14. Slothman

Slothman Registered

Totally agree.

I just don't understand the threats to leave to AC.

Lets see...

What do we know about the modding scene in AC.........well they have announced there is one...thats cool, I dont need the information.

But than to say rF2 is too complicated we are moving to AC...without any knowledge....well ok.

Personally I feel rF2 shows far more potential AT THE MOMENT than AC because of lack of info (however having 2 awesome games running side by side is going to be great).

The fact that rF2 is different is what is making most make the threats I feel.

I am more than happy to wait for Gold of rF2 and seeing AC before making any decisions....and to be honest, a lot of the more "professional" and highly regarded teams are doing the same thing I would guess.

15. dandar

dandar Registered

The process to build a car is still changing from build to build, the tools for 3D Max still not work correctly. At this stage there is no point making a car, this process takes a lot of time and no one is sure that with upcoming updates they will keep working without rewriting.

For example, turbos are still not complete, wipers are experimental, hdr profiles are still missing, and the list goes on.
    Modeling a single car (without using other's work) takes a considerable amount of time, let's say a 10 percent more than in rF1.
    This is not bad at all, since the knowledge level for a 3d artist/modder needs to be higher compared with rF1 but this will result in more quality mods, once they get done.

I'm working to get almost 10 new cars into the game, but I'm waiting until the development environment reach a proper stability level.

16. osella

osella Registered

What kind of cars are you working on dandar, if I may ask?

17. Tuttle

Tuttle Technical Art Director - Env Lead

I can confirm that many modders are testing their mods privately...but apart from that, a car/series mod needs a bit more work (and more testing), so I think everything is normal for the lack of cars, considering rF2 is still on a beta stage. :)

BTW, the most crucial variable for future rF2 mods will be the tire modeling...so we all need a bit of patience. It's not easy at all.... :)

18. coops

coops Banned

from what i have read and heard car mods are way more difficult for rf2 than rf1 and tracks are easier to release at this time than car mods so maybe thats the reason we wont know till gold

19. pablocorsico

pablocorsico Registered

[​IMG]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

isn't easy.
    this is slow
    but some are working on it

20. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

If people are complaining that rFactor 2 is too complicated then maybe they should be modding other video games instead of a simulation that is/that is attempting be the most sophisticated, deep and complex sim around with regards to physics.