rFactor 2 Car Setups

Discussion in 'ISI cars and tracks' started by B1K3R, Aug 31, 2012.

1. cosimo

cosimo Registered

Yesterday I run the SR4L GT 1h race at Sebring 12H, which was incredibly fun, and I loved it!
    However, my best lap times in Q were at least 5s slower than the top-3 drivers.

Of course my driving may suck horribly, but can anyone share a Nissan GT-R GT1 setup for Sebring? Even better if you can stay under 2:00:00 with it.
    My current best laptime is low 2:04. I've done high 2:01 once, but I can't seem to reach that anymore :)

Thanks!

2. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

Hi guys! I can see that sim racing community is glad to share lot of content such as cars and tracks but... very few setups :D:D.

How come cant I find a setup for 370z? :mad:

I would love to compare it to mine...
    I am particularly interested in one for mid ohio where we will start our league championship in mid september.

Thanks to the charitable soul that posts his... :cool:

Enviado desde mi GT-I9505 usando Tapatalk 2

3. INSQMNIAC

INSQMNIAC Registered

Here are 370z Setups http://www.racedepartment.com/forum/forums/rfactor-2-setups.73/

4. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

5. cosimo

cosimo Registered

Tried those Nissan GT-R GT1 setups. First lap I did I was 1s faster. After an hour, I got down from 2:04 to 2:01 :)
    I think I have at least another second to shave off :)

6. Otto Dafe

Otto Dafe Registered

Hey, question for you mechanics out there: Are there tracks where a good setup for that track would be a good base setup in general? And if so could somebody list a few of those tracks?

7. Bart S

Bart S Member

All depends on the track in question.

I find portugal to be a good tuning track, it features many different types of corner and straight. If you can get a good fast setup here I would say a visit to any other track load this setup as your base then adjust as needed.

My advice for tuning:
    Drive the track with default setup for 10-15 laps before making any adjustments. Do not push the car, slow down well enough to know your car is not going to skid on entry and exit you are aiming to hear just scrubbing sounds from the tyres. Watch your tyre heating in these 15 laps, you are aiming to balance the wear and heat to be pretty much neutral when the car is settled on the start straight before the first corner.
    When you have a feel for the track:
    I start by tuning the car section my section adjusting the car for maximum brake performance without skidding to getting it round the first corner as fast as possible trail braking in, coasting round, and power pumping it up and out, remember your speed is going to come from being tidy taking a wide smooth line with no agressive corrections necessary, unbalancing front/rear weight is going to make you spin, slide and slowwwwwwww.
    Most of the time I cant really tell whether I'm faster or not just by driving. I can only tell by checking my section times regularly and making tuning adjustments only focasing on one section at a time getting as fast as possible before moving onto the next section.

Hope this helps with the thoughts I have of tuning process.

8. Otto Dafe

Otto Dafe Registered

Thanks Bart, all very good advice. I'm not actually fast or consistent enough to do much tuning on my own yet, although serendipitously Portugal is one of my better tracks. I'm such a rookie I'm mainly focused on the problem behind the wheel, but with this knowledge in hand I can try a few Portugal setups from RD on some of the GT cars. I'm really just looking to make them feel a little less brittle, and when I do start to tune on my own I can refer to your post which I now have in my notes here.

9. SchnelleBasis

SchnelleBasis Registered

10. SchnelleBasis

SchnelleBasis Registered

Horlap video accordingly....
    VIDEO]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xYU3rglS1Fg&feature=youtu.be[/VIDEO]

11. speed1

speed1 Banned

Anybody knows if setup changes are visual presented on drivers car, such as steering angle, camber etc., and if the shown is believable accurate or just fake ( representing realtime physics ? ) ?

12. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

I would guess that camber for sure since the physics of the tires is accurately simulated.
    For the steered angle there was a variable in plr file or controller.ini which privided the wheel range for visual purposes.
    For etc I dont know what you mean

Enviado desde mi GT-I9505 usando Tapatalk 2

13. speed1

speed1 Banned

Thx for the info, with steer angle i mean the steering lock visible on screen per wheel side.

"etc." (usually in german) i don't know the right meaning but something like "and whatnot", nothing important :)

14. Jerry Luis

Jerry Luis Banned

15. kaptainkremmen

kaptainkremmen Registered

From the Latin ...... Et cētera

Et means "and"

cētera means "the rest."

:)

16. speed1

speed1 Banned

Sounds better :)

Edit: still don't know if the motion visualise
    the drivers car physic accurat :)

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 5, 2013
  17. shim2

shim2 Registered

Anyone have a setup for formula ISI @ Melbourne, I was able to do low 1:27's in RF1 but in RF2 I can't for the life of me get below 1:29.5 consistently.

18. PorscheMR6

PorscheMR6 Registered

Hi guys,
    I'm searching for a good sebring setup.
    anyone?

19. kaptainkremmen

kaptainkremmen Registered

Can't help I'm afraid but you might want to post which car you are wanting it for ;)

20. PorscheMR6

PorscheMR6 Registered

:D
    isi's Nissan GTR