Tim's Tweets

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by buddhatree, Aug 9, 2012.

1. Emery

Emery Registered

Use the automation tools available to you. You can have several copies of the file and run a batch file to swap the player.json to the one you want.

2. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

I don't edit settings in any way and, as stated, don't get the same results as you. The only thing I can think of is that people do not allow the AI to qualify, then expect something other than the trains you see in real racing when traffic is stuck behind a slower car.

3. buddhatree

buddhatree Registered

This ^

I race exclusively with the AI. I don't change any settings and I don't get the "trains" everyone is talking about. That was fixed a while ago.

4. msportdan

msportdan Banned

The one thing I know I never have too touch is the AI settings. Rf2 has done me proud with an AI that ive always dreamed of.. Specially that blocking move they do...

As above.... absolute NO reason to touch ai settings, maybe only to force setups from the player.

5. P.S.R.

P.S.R. Registered

i agree with tim, b and m.

i will also say, though, that 9/10 times I DO have to mess with VEH and (occassionally) RCD in order for drivers to be consistent across races.

6. Lukas Yardbird

Lukas Yardbird Registered

'League/race admins using Indy rF2 content around Indy 500 weekend, be aware there MIGHT be a car update. Tell your league your update policy'

7. Woodee

Woodee Registered

That is a quote from who and where?

8. sg333

sg333 Registered

Where is that giant facepalm image?

9. Lukas Yardbird

Lukas Yardbird Registered

10. K Szczech

K Szczech Registered

Yup, and it's "Tim's tweets" thread, so that should answer the "who and where" question :)

Last edited by a moderator: May 20, 2015
  11. Woodee

Woodee Registered

wow, I must be tired!

12. Panigale

Panigale Banned

First off, way looking forward to the updated Indy car. Awesome that we might have it.

Secondly, the comment quoted from Tim is worth repeating for all the AI complainers. Realistic sim, realistic behavior kids, let the AI qualify. I have a 2012 engine/tranny C6R mod I'm testing, running against a 2009 equipped (stock) ISI C6R. My 2012 car is an AI driven second faster around Sebring but has trouble getting around the 2009 car. Even at AI aggression at 45% it still struggles. When it tries to make a pass (like in real life) it slows them both down and the others start to catch up. Still trying to find the best AI aggression setting but having the field qualify is a must.

13. coops

coops Banned

must be due for a new build ????????????????????????

14. pitkin

pitkin Registered

Can anyone confirm the .RCD talent files are being read by the game?
    Reason I ask is that I made some adjustments as an experiment to the AI on the recently released Indy 500 mod. I set the Speed and qualify speed range between 1 and 100 to see what sort of spread I would get. AIlimiter was set to 0 in the player.json. The settings I used seemed to make no difference, the AI qualified and raced very similarly to each other. I tried the RCD file in the Teams.mas and the Car.mas. I even loaded the mod into devmode and created new talent files for a few drivers but it didn't make a difference. Various tracks were tried
    So has anyone else tried something similar and got different results?

15. Tosch

Tosch Registered

I usually create virtual drivers in the UI, start a session with no AI and select my virtual drivers one by one in the garage screen in practice session. I have a set of GTR drivers with a range between 20 and 100 (for testing). On Silverstone International the difference between the fastest and the slowest car is about 2,5 seconds per lap in all sessions (AI strenght=100 AI agression=50).

16. Justy

Justy Registered

Tim Wheatley ‏@timwheatley1979 17m17 minutes ago
    "No DW12 update today it looks like. Sunday still possible. If you said you wanted to race a 500 next weekend with it? Very likely"

17. Jamie Shorting

Jamie Shorting Registered

Interesting. I seen Atlanta was in testing as well today.

18. coops

coops Banned

Tim new build ? looks like forum needs something to talk about that involves RF2. Or a hint to something new for RF2. SRY NEW UPDATE FOR MOD THAT SHOULD BE GOOD ENOUGH

19. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

I'm sure people are capable of waiting. They'll have to be. :)

20. K Szczech

K Szczech Registered

Until they run out of pencils and table edges to bite on, yeah, they're pretty capable.