Tim's Tweets

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by buddhatree, Aug 9, 2012.

1. CosmiC10R

CosmiC10R Registered

I hear that... heaven forbid you are a world class city with world class events lol... I think it may have something to do with where the Vancouver Indy was... If you have been at the location, its right in the center surrounded by buildings in what can only be described as a man made bowl... I think this amplified the accoustics... I caught the skytrain down there and as we got closer, at each stop, the door would open and you could tell how much closer you were than last stop... The sound really seemed to echo through the downtown core... Can you actually watch the Indy from your place... sheesh.. that would be sweet!

2. Ryno917

Ryno917 Registered

It's not just the English that do that ;)

I Wish I could watch it from my place; but we're facing the wrong way :( There's also a bit of a park between my building and the track so we're not right on top of it, but there's no building between us so if I were on the other side of the building I'd be able to watch it. And I'd have a huuge terrance to watch it from, too... Jerks. We don't even get a balcony on our side. :(

3. tjc

tjc Registered

Those screens do look really good indeed... :cool:

4. CosmiC10R

CosmiC10R Registered

Lame !!!! See thats just a tease... better off you can't hear it LOL ;)
    And Canadians do this too... Im pretty sure the apartments went up around the Vancouver track while the circuit was active and they still complained... I would have loved it... Watching practice, quali, race from your living room live... goodness

Back on topic

Pics look great again... but I'm seeing Silverstone detail (which is a good thing)... Maybe this track wont have to render 50000 fans lol ;)

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 12, 2013
  5. Ryno917

Ryno917 Registered

Ugh, I stand corrected. I can hear them this year. Woke up to the sound of Indy Lights, and when I left my place I could hear the Pro Mazda practice. Walking away from that beautiful sound to go to the office is the hardest thing I've ever had to do... :(

As for noise complaints; Mont Tremblant is in serious trouble for that reason right now, too, and has been for years. And Toronto being Toronto, the biggest complaints against the Indy here are the traffic implications. Our entire road system is crap, so shutting down the biggest road in the city is disastrous for those who drive around the south end. I think they're just babies, though. The traffic here is always bad. That's why I walk to work!

6. Nuno Lourenço

Nuno Lourenço Registered

This is the firt time that I really need to say,

Lightning and texture work are stunning .

I don't know the name of the artist behind those track but congrats. This shows the true potential of the game.

N. Lourenço

7. Deadpedal

Deadpedal Registered

Trying to read between the lines...and find a hidden hint...perhaps Mores will be followed by that long-awaited mystery BTCC car shortly thereafter or concurrently perhaps? Would be a natural follow-up to Silverstone! (the announcement of which, BTW, also reminded us of the upcoming BTCC car..."It will match up well with the Grand Prix and GT cars already available in rFactor 2, along with a British Touring Car currently in production.")

8. Jize

Jize Registered

i just ask myself how hard it will be to bring the older tracks to the level of silverstone and mores? i imagine that you would have to redo like every single texture and sharpen it up.

9. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

It would be a lot of work for all the tracks. LRP probably less so, because we have higher res textures available for it.

10. 88mphTim

It just will match up well, it's a tight track suited to slower cars. The longer layout they're working on might fit some faster cars, but the short layout (primarily used for bikes in real life IIRC) will be best with the slow ones.

11. coops

coops Banned

Tim does this mean there is a good chance it will happen in the future with LRP ?

12. 88mphTim

It's possible all tracks will get future art passes, I just think it's more likely you'd see something Silverstone-esque with LRP than any other. I can't say a certain yes though, as you never know what track license could fall in our lap over the years.

13. Minibull

Minibull Member

Oh how I'd love to see Hampton Downs in rF2...

Any chance of a licence Tim? jk :p

14. Adrian

Adrian Registered

Na Manfield would be way better :D only cause I live 5 mins from it.

15. coops

coops Banned

Hi Tim any news on an update ?

16. sg333

sg333 Registered

Any chance we will see Mores, or the Howston, or BTCC car soon?

17. F1 2004

F1 2004 Registered

or Build 280+

18. Capeta

Capeta Registered

or the Bentley Speed 8 ? ^^'

19. 88mphTim

Yes, there is.

20. 88mphTim

Not soon, no.