Installing game to multiple computers

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by TIG_green, Jul 25, 2012.

1. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

Hello all,

I was wondering can I have just one Install of the game at a time? So is it possible to install the game to two different computers (apparently by reactivating my account in another pc) and then play LAN with my friend? Is it possible to log in with same user account if I'm using to different computers?

Hope everyone understood what I'm asking :)

2. Gearjammer

Gearjammer Registered

To be honest, I hope you are not going to be able to log in using multiple computers with the same account as this would take away from sales/R&D money that would allow ISI to develop more and better sims.

Quote from FAQ
    Based on the above, you are able to install on up to 5 different machines, but I don't know if that eliminates your ability to use the original machine once you reactivate your license on the second machine. I guess you could try it and find out.

3. MaXyM

MaXyM Registered

For sure it is not possible to play online using same credentials on more than one machine.

4. liebestod

liebestod Registered

I assume you mean simultaneously. I would imagine you can have the game installed on multiple computers, and play online using those computers, but only one can play at a time. Correct me if I'm wrong.

5. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

Hi, thanks for answers. Yes, I meant simultaneously. I asked because this was possible in rfactor. Online games in rfactor were confusing and hard to find so I played via LAN. But of course, there's a diffrent online system this time. In rfactor there was no need to log in anywhere if you wanted to play a LAN game. Maybe I'll try if two log ins at the same time is possible...

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 25, 2012
  6. Neuro

Neuro Registered

How would this differ from having a cracked game on the 2nd computer? :confused:
    I hope this isn't work. ISI deserves the money from all ppl who want to play their outstanding game. And those, who doesn't want, just wait for a demo.

7. BasJon

BasJon Registered

Well I can tell you for 100 percent at the moment anyway that I have seen people online sharing their keys and playing online at the same time as they come in our server with different pings with exactly the same name...

8. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

I think that the price is fair and ISI deserves all the support. With rfactor though, I don't feel like I did anything wrong... the online system was just build in a way it was easily done. And besides the AI sucked in rfactor and online was poor so LAN was the thing for me (unfortunately I do not have many friends that would appreciate good sims so much that they would pay for them, shame on them). But now AI seem much better (though buggy at the moment) and what I have read, online is much playable now because there's no mismatch problems (?).

9. MaXyM

MaXyM Registered

yes, this is what I meant. sorry for not being precise enough.
    sad is there are reports that using same account simultanously is possible.

10. Gearjammer

Gearjammer Registered

This wouldn't really be an issue if people were honest and wanted to pay for product that was for sale instead of trying to rip it off. If they were honest then I am sure that the software companies wouldn't care if you had 2 computers and wanted a friend to race with you. As it is though, the dishonest folks take 1 purchase and turn it into thousands of users having the product, or maybe 100's depending on the popularity of the game.

11. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

So, can someone confirm that if I want to install this game into two pc's, can I play the game on both pc's after reactivating the product or does the reactivation process remove the other install? Also, how can I change my player name (not really a subject of this thread but anyway :p)?

12. Gearjammer

Gearjammer Registered

No offense, but you are starting to sound like you are doing this to distribute to others rather than just setting up LAN games at your place. Why would it matter what name appears on the second machine if you are just having some fun with your friends? You should already know who wins and who loses because you can see them right in the same room.

13. SLuisHamilton

SLuisHamilton Banned

Yes, you can Obama. I ask about this to Tim one time (multiple, in fact, until understand).
    Well, i tHINK i was understood because i bought one year to play on line and ask if i could play in a private lan. This i can´t for sure. But i think i can login either in on PC or other to play online, not both at same time. The multiplayer option still gray in the PC that my account was not activate.
    But at time i ask i didn´t remenber Tim Wheatley saying thats a limit of reactivations.

14. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

I think I expressed myself wrong. When I registred I didn't apparently paid too much addention to filling out the forms because now I have a stupid player name...I wanted it to be Tig_green, but I mistakenly placed that named on a wrong box. Also, a LAN game with my brother would be good because I currently suck at this game (just too slow, staying on track most of the time though :D) so I don't want to humiliate myself. Or can somebody introduce me an amateur server ;)

15. fazerbox

fazerbox Registered

Here how to change Name in Race

16. szekto

szekto Registered

Hello guys!

I will buy rFactor2 in the next few days, but before this, I need a very important infromation.

From the posts above, it wasn't very clear for me that multiple-install thing. I have 2 computers, a PC at my home, and a notebook, which I usually bring to school. My school far away from home, so I usually can go home only on weekends, but, I would like to create physics to some cars under weekdays, and probably I would like to try it, too. So, for this, I have to install it both on my PC and notebook too, but is it allowed? Of course, I will never use the game on the two computers on the same time, but I need to know this thing if it's allowed or not, because my PC much stronger than my notebook, so I can only test very well at home on my PC, and the notebook will be only for to test the things if everything works well.

I hope you understand what is my question, and hope you can help me.

Thank you for your help in advance! :)

17. Tosch

Tosch Registered

From the "Get started here" thread

http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/5304-Get-Started-Here-%28how-to-purchase-faq-etc%29

18. szekto

szekto Registered

Bahh, that five reactivations/ purchase isn't the best for me... thanks! :)

19. deak1944

deak1944 Guest

It does not cost you to get more activations.

20. JGraf

JGraf Registered

there is no limit or fee for reactivation's, soft limit means you get 5 per purchase.
    when 5 reactivation's are used, you only need to request more, and your soft limit will be reset with 5 again, no charge.