ARI Fun Race 5@Mills Park (Chicane) Day/Night Event.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Fergy, Jul 5, 2012.

1. Fergy

Fergy Registered

1 person likes this.
  2. Lecram

Lecram Registered

Sweet!

If I knew you would be taking pictures I would have put lipstick on.

1 person likes this.
  3. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

you look better without :eek:

1 person likes this.
  4. Deecee52

Deecee52 Registered

Check the eyes out , he is definately on something

5. gorgias1976

gorgias1976 Registered

Hi, how's the practice going?

14 or 15 laps? That's the question for fuel calculation and pit strategy.
    Yesterday I did a fuel calculation offline race. Track rubbered by the AI cars. Just did 14 laps in the 30 min race distance, but the timer went to zero 5 seconds ahead of the finish lap. Now cames the doubt, If I had done a better lapping with better concentration and no mistakes at all, could I have completed the 14th lap before time runned out and have to do another extra lap?
    9l of fuel are in play, and that's something to take in consideration as weight counts.

What will happend this sunday? Will the race leader be quick enough to make everybody have to complete 15 laps?

[​IMG]

6. ippai

ippai Registered

server has crashed!!

7. Fergy

Fergy Registered

server restart atm. back on soon.

about 10 minutes from this edit

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 12, 2012
  8. Kalanur

Kalanur Registered

Anybody else noticed that the new Renault Clio Mod Package also updated the Mills Metro track including the layout we will race on? It looks like every file of the track has been updated. Maybe it's worth looking at an update of the vmod so we can drive on the newer version, which may fix or improve some stuff.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2012
  9. Fergy

Fergy Registered

Thanks for the info, something to look at for sure.

10. Navigator

Navigator Registered

Maybe I did something wrong, but in my game, the same track or layout we drive, isn't in there? Just the two short layouts came with the mod. Don't know if the other layouts were updated without me knowing; can't see though.

11. MJP

MJP Registered

You sure you've the right VMOD selected, the new layout (InnerLoopB) shouldn't be showing in the 60's VMOD you're using as it wasn't available when the VMOD was made.

Only the Clio MOD should be showing 2 layouts, the new InnerLoopB and the old InnerLoopC (albeit updated to v1.3)

12. Navigator

Navigator Registered

I just selected the Clio mod and got two layouts, none of with is the loop we use?

13. Kalanur

Kalanur Registered

Because only those two layouts are used in the Clio Series.
    It's a little bit complicated, because the Renault Clio mod is both a new Race Series Mod and an update to an already exisiting track layout which is totally unrelated to this new Race Series.

If you take a look at your rFactor folder under /Installed/Locations/MillsMetro/1.3 you can see that every single file and layout has been updated.

Edit: I've made a VMod for all recent tracks and updates including Mills Metro 1.3 for myself. You can download it if you want but it's not used on any server currently so it's for singleplayer only. It can be installed along the VMod we use on the ARI server without any problems.
    Download Link: LINK REMOVED

Edit: Somehow it does not like it when both mods are installed now. I'm trying to figure out why before I add the download link again. Strange system :/

14. Navigator

Navigator Registered

But in that case, the normal track we race on, should be updated too or do we have two of these now?

Thanks for the mod, will try it out soon.

15. Kalanur

Kalanur Registered

Sorry, wait a bit before you try it. Just found an issue with the Mod Manager which I have to figure out first. It doesn't like it when both mods are installed even though they use different tracks and have different names.

16. MJP

MJP Registered

Yes the layout is updated to v1.3 but you'll only get to race the updated version with the Clio MOD. The 60's VMOD you're currently using will only use the older version (v1.2) you've been running on.

Edit :- Just thought I'd point out that the Mills v1.3 will also be available offline in the default ISI All Tracks & Cars. - Or NOT as seems the case, not sure yet why LOL.

It's like which Mills versions you get to run offline in All Tracks & Cars depends on whether you preload the Clio MOD!

17. Slic Sam

Slic Sam Registered

Should be some great racing Sunday night. Will the Eve make to the mornnig or wil the Spark be the shining light. Either way from the Day Night will will have some bite.

18. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

You look great anyway !

19. Kalanur

Kalanur Registered

That's how to do a stylish start at the beginning of the race. Even the stewards were so impressed that they gave me a 10 out of 10.... Stop&Go Seconds :/
    Hopefully it was just a one time bug and nothing like this will happen tomorrow.

20. DJCruicky

DJCruicky Registered

lol Kalanur. Yeah, Let's hope it does not happen in main race. Hit the Esc key quick if it happens again.
    I had a bug myself after that same race last night. I en-counted the pit crash bug again in practice. 2 in a row. Fingers crossed all ok for Sunday.

Hard to overtake on this track, so the reverse grid race will be erm, crash-tastic' :).

Anyone get blurry advertising boards at night?

Day
    View attachment 3144

At night
    View attachment 3145

Are we OK to update to updated vMod? http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/4739-1960s-World-Class-Racing-All-Tracks-vMod