Build 90 Discussion

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 88mphTim, Jun 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. daWave

daWave Registered

i think actually the best source for new mods are multiplayer ISI-Test-Servers that you get In-Game sometimes ;)

2. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

This is the best place atm. I think all that have been released one way or the other, are here.

You can find a nice section at RaceDerartment but nothing different than here except one or two wips. Threads here are tons more informative than ones at RD too.

http://www.racedepartment.com/forum/forums/rfactor-2-modding.200/

3. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

Anybody else knows differently, please share.

4. MaXyM

MaXyM Registered

Ha... Today I noticed, that grass sound doesn't disappear just after returning on track. It may disappear after a while or if you drive slow, this sound may back after some acceleration. Sounds like attempt to simulate dirt hitting mudguards.
    Nice touch !

5. oceanoftime

oceanoftime Registered

Hi guys,

I've got a couple of questions regarding Build 90. When I try to set weather to go from Sunny to Storm & Rain via the 'scripted' weather setting and set my practice time to 30 minutes the weather change never seems to arrive. I have actually yet to notice any weather 'change'. Part of this may be that I am not able to see any rain on my windshield which makes it kind of hard to tell when it is raining or not! Will this be added in a future build? I also don't seem to be hearing any tire noise at all. This is especially noticeable to me when I am spinning out (which unfortunately is not a rare occurrence).

Another problem I'm facing is the clutch, it does work for starting the car but it doesn't seem to be required for gear change (on downshifts). I am using a sequential shifter usually with the Nissan GT-R or 370z. I still use it just because I am used to using the heel and toe technique. And speaking of the Nissan GT-R, the engine sound mostly only seems to come from my left ear (I am using headphones) which is a little irritating. It would be awesome to get some responses for some of this stuff! I'll edit my post if I think of anything else to add.

I am having a ton of fun with rFactor2 so far, I've been racing on iRacing.com for the past year and it's definitely a new challenge because now I feel like I really have to watch my tires to make sure I don't damage them with lockups etc.

Looking forward to seeing some of you guys on the track!

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 5, 2012
  6. El Reprobatar

El Reprobatar Registered

The engine code is pretty buggy (at least for me)
    For the rain, the trak should get darker and darker and when wet it should give you some reflection.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 5, 2012
  7. Knight of Redemption

Knight of Redemption Registered

Only way to see the rain at the moment is to use the bumper cam, it is still WIP and maybe the next update will have it fully implemented. There is defiantly rain on screen and wipers in the pipeline.

8. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

Yes, thats how it is. And it doesnt seem it will change.

9. adri84dj

adri84dj Registered

I just say one thing and that is, do not forget to improve the issue of side mirrors and rearview mirror, ie it looks like the Realize with parts of the vehicle, such as in iRacing. For the rest the simulator going very well.

A greeting.

10. BMWPower

BMWPower Registered

Thanks for your help :D

11. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

Rain has to be more slippery (or maybe its the track surface grip settings that is wrong?..) because Ive seen people go around the banking at monza in the wet FULL THROTTLE TOP SEED, i mean its already insanely hairy in the dry as it rightly should be, so I couldnt believe it when I saw it. It was either the Brabham or one of the ISI 60s F1s.

12. tjc

tjc Registered

Agreed...

I think the rain/wet does need to be more slippery in general although it seems quite slippery on some occasions imo.

But taking the banking at historic Monza in the wet at top speed is`nt right imho and needs to be looked at. :)

13. Alesi

Alesi Registered

i think its time to the next update (1 month after build 90 was realized)

14. tjc

tjc Registered

I`m actually going to revise what I said in the post I`m quoting as I just had a practice session with 90% chance of rain at Snetterton in the GTR`s and it was like driving on oiled ice... even when it started to dry up! Great fun though :D

I do agree though that I`ve also driven in wet conditions where I was expecting it to be more slippery that it was...

15. osella

osella Registered

I think grip in heavy rain is very accurate, try F1 at monaco.. if on dry you do just under 1:30, in rainstorm it gets to ~1:45, actually F2 car is just as fast as F1 then. IIRC there should be about 65-70% grip on soaked tracks, that may sound a lot but it's not ;)

Also, another thing to keep in mind is that racing 60s openwheeler in sudden rain is paradoxically easier than 80s+ openwheeler. Why? 1)If you have slicks on, they totally suck in rain, 2)if you're used to lots of downforce, rain is hell because you have worse acceleration in slower speeds where downforce doesn't exist -> this again in turn makes it harder to get any use of downforce. Whereas the 60s car driveability "only" decreases in the same way as any road car.
    That's why Senna mastering rain in 80s turbocar is unimaginable (and I'm not even huge fan of him)...

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 17, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  16. tjc

tjc Registered

I`m actually starting to change my mind a bit and agree with your post there osella...

I`ve done more wet testing tonight, not with any of the F1`s but with the GTR`s, Megane`s and Clio`s and have to say it was a fair old struggle and just as I`d imagine it to be in real life so yeh, I think rf2 is getting the grip levels pretty good and much better than I thought at first. :)

17. tjc

tjc Registered

Came across a slight graphical bug with the BT20 and since it appeared in b90 I thought I`d post about in here.

The BT20 doesn`t seem to have any grill inside the front of the car and is usually black but has different, funny kind of graphics in there too sometimes:

[​IMG]

Compared to the Eve which looks really good in the grill department:

[​IMG]

Hope this can be fixed up soon as it spoils screenies and I dare say vids too. :)

18. Alesi

Alesi Registered

it`s time for a next update))))

19. Johan Östman

Johan Östman Registered

20. MaXyM

MaXyM Registered

this or next week ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.