Is b85 rf2 the best sim ever?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by F2Chump, Jun 1, 2012.

1. GothaR

GothaR Registered

Yes, but I am afraid of slow development. Even Live for speed was great and maybe the best sim few years ago, but it terribly failed on development speed and absence of mods (at least addon tracks would be cool), so now almost every player goes away to another sim - many of the best LFS players are now in top between iR players. AC got a potential, but as you said, if rF2 will have better MP + improved physics/weather/damage, it will still be better than AC.
    PS: I forgot to mention, that I consider GTR Evolution as the best sim now, it has plenty of content, nice physics, graphics and great sounds. FFB is worse than in rF2, but daaamn, I am happy every time I take stock M3 (mod from BMW M3 Challenge) on Nordschleife :)

2. F2Chump

F2Chump Registered

For you guys who don't think b85 is no1, which is the best and why?

3. F2Chump

F2Chump Registered

This is just the reality of a small sim developer, nothing can be done as most people either don't like sims or think that GT5/FM4 are sims{sad}.
    GTR evo is both a great sim and a great game{content}, however, to me b85 is a better driving experience, and with Evo I can max FFB, don't have to worry about changing ini values, but rf2 still has better overall FFB, and that makes a huge impact to the sensation of driving and alerting you to what the car's doing, especially under braking.

GTR evo is probably one of the most underrated PC games of all time.

4. jjcook

jjcook Registered

Hey F2Chump - dont be a Chump.....whatever one you happen to be using atm is no 1 .......i'm spending alot of time with this one- but not beacsue of 'ease of use', 'easy installation', or the vast number of drivers available to race with online...:eek:

5. F2Chump

F2Chump Registered

I said why I though rf2 was the best, and some of you just disagreed without any details, so I'm curious which is better and why?....this is a discussion forum isn't?

6. jubuttib

jubuttib Registered

Yep, can't deny that at the moment. While I do like many aspects of pCARS, the current state of the tyre model just isn't there. I'm eagerly awaiting for the new tyre model though. From everything they and ISI have published so far it sounds like it handles things very much like the rF2 tyre model, with the exception that the carcass simulation is done in real-time instead of using a pre-built lookup table (which has some definite bonuses, like not being limited to said lookup tables, though the resolution/accuracy has to be lower). Very excited to see the results of both SMS and ISI as they work towards the inevitable releases. =)

And please, no pCARS vs. rF2 stuff or anything else like that. We've seen enough of it already. It's unnecessary and counter productive.

7. jubuttib

jubuttib Registered

At the moment rF1, LFS, Race series and even nKP (despite it's limitations) are better, because they're working and complete products. rF2 has some things in it that are better than what the others can give, but it can't compete at all as a finished package. Because it's not. =)

8. marc69be

marc69be Registered

it's not hard to prove which software is superior in physics, just visit http://tinyurl.com/84dlhch , maybe they use a derivitive of the RFPro not sure, but their retail ISI product is all over the garages of many teams shops and homes. Graphics and those things are secondary to them but their latest work shows tremendous promise I think there too

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.ne...x315/543399_10150766487565021_961261373_n.jpg

9. Satangoss

Satangoss Registered

Impossible to answer this question while we don't have final version.

Until now, the feelings are conflicting... by driving Nissans GTs I had the best imersion in a race simulation so far. On the other hand, the F-Renaults are just ridiculous with their loose rear. And the simulator is still unable to take all high-end systems capacity. RF2 @ SLI or Crossfire or even using a 690 gtx is just laughable.

We have to wait.

10. Ghostdriver

Ghostdriver Registered

Answering the OP, in my opinion, yes, it is the best already. Even though it is not finished, racing and pushing the car to the limit, in any track is, for me, more satisfying and realistic than any other sim. Excluding Iracing, never played, too big for my pocket.

11. Ghostdriver

Ghostdriver Registered

Satangoss, are you running the updated 1.2 F- Renaults? The rear is perfect now.

12. F2Chump

F2Chump Registered

Different opinions all over the place, but I'm strictly referring to the driving, and when I went back and drove the WTCC in GTR Evo, hey it's still a good sim car, but it felt like it was all center spring compared to the weight and range of rf2 FFB, plus NO SIM has the quality of simulated braking FFB.

13. F2Chump

F2Chump Registered

Yeah, I'm quite happy with megane now, but GTR is still tricky, but it could just be set up as I barely drive them.

14. Ghostdriver

Ghostdriver Registered

Hey bro, i was talking about the open wheelers, Formula Renault. But the Megáne is also really good.

15. F2Chump

F2Chump Registered

Oh yes, my username used to be F3.5Hater before this build hahahahhahah

16. buddhatree

buddhatree Registered

I couldn't agree more. Thumbs up sir :cool:

17. Devon

Devon Registered

No matter how outstanding their physics is, if they can't do FAR better than their current 17 fps on a 30" monitor powered by 2 6970s in crossfire, it's a total fail. And the hood/bonnet camera position is far too low, should be at driver's eye level. The graphics have a long, long ways to go.

18. F2Chump

F2Chump Registered

Bah, XF and ATI/AMD, one headache after another....but it's still a beta, there's no guarantees that everything works, but I've clocked plenty of hrs with b85.

19. Devon

Devon Registered

ISI has a bad history with ATI, I could never get rF1 going at anything near the framerate of the SMS/Simbin titles on my previous computer with a 3850. And pCars is currently pre-beta, yet it still gets over 90 fps at nearly full /max settings for the visuals. As more people go to large or multi-screen setups crossfire performance is critical.

20. F2Chump

F2Chump Registered

Sure, but given how shaky XF performance is in games in general, I think it's reasonable to wait for the game to be officially released, but for sure, it does seem like triple screens are quite popular with sim racing titles.