Is b85 rf2 the best sim ever?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by F2Chump, Jun 1, 2012.

1. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

Too grippy and stable and planted for me, not arcade at all in any way shape or form, dont get me wrong, just everything feels so consistent, stable, your not riding that fine edge of being really fast or loosing control, your not "dancing" with the car as its moving around beneath you as your riding that thin line of grip no grip, grip, slide, grip etc etc, I feel the same way about another 1 or 2 big sims but not going to mention them to start a war lol (btw Im not talking about pcars). This is why I like rfactor and rfactor 2 the best, everything feels so dynamic like in real life, 60% throttle and you feel stable 75 and you feel the back getting light and that changes corner to corner lap after lap, everything just feels so much more dynamic as if way more things are being taken into account when determing grip, sliding, car balance, tyre grip, contact patch etc etc. Rfactor 1 has flaws, rfactor 2 does too but less, but every single sim has flaws, so its always a compromise and I think rfactor/rfactor 2 conveys the "on the edge, if I push a little harder im going to loose it, damn it looks so easy on tv but its not, how does he carry so much speed in that corner without loosing it etc etc" feeling very good and thats how it is in real life.

The last I dont know 1-3 years of simracing weve been seeing a new "thing" emerge, the whole "harder to drive isnt real, these things are purpose built race cars with slicks and wings and have tons of grip", I think ppl are starting to take it too far now, they are only grippy and stable when under the limit, when close to the limit your always dancing with the cars' 4 corners of grip, like Mario Andretti once said "if your in control than your not going fast enough" or something along those lines.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 13, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  2. F2Chump

F2Chump Registered

One of rf2's strengths is simulated braking feedback, which IMO is easily the best on the market, but I'm also thinking that the GTR has the best front end in sim racing, trouble is it's a mystery how to set the rear.

3. gotBurner

gotBurner Registered

That is one's opinion, which everyone here is entitled to, but I feel its a bit of a stretch. One which I do not agree with. However enter belly button comment here. :D

4. buddhatree

buddhatree Registered

This thread needs to be updated... now Build 90 is the best ;)

5. F2Chump

F2Chump Registered

Which is better and why?

6. F2Chump

F2Chump Registered

re-rf2's 1960's F2.

http://www.mediafire.com/?s50ouk252fd8isi

This is my G27 ini file with modified FFB effects.....make a copy of your original and then drop this into mydoc/rf2/userdata/controller..........then go ingame and LOAD this file which is named G27b90.

Like Simbin's great US Muscle Car Camaro and Dodge, the F2 is a tricky car to drive but very controllable, and given the F2 has the best FFB overall and without question the best simulated braking FFB, it's easy to understand why.

1960's F2 on the sim index....

1...physics.....9.6
    2...steering precision 9.5
    3...FFB.....9.65
    ------------------------
    9.6/10.

This only relates to the F2, it's not a score which all rf2 cars would receive atm, but it's an extremely encouraging sign that given enough time, ISI's base content could easily contain the best sim cars ever made, and obviously this is my opinion and it should be stressed that I'm using a G27, speaking of which, I have no complaints about how the F2 feels at Malaysia or Spa using my G27 ini, ie, there's no excessive rattling whatsoever.

It literally only takes a few corners to appreciate how good this car is, and with the connected feel to the road, the quantity and quality of FFB, the beautiful feel on the front end under brakes and steering low/mid/high speed, it's easy to appreciate the fun factor of this car is extremely high.

rf2 and this car is interesting because rf2 still has the high downforce/heavy FFB slot, so at the right speed and on the racing line, the FFB loads up and the car has much more grip, but you're not always going to hit the spot and this is where you'll have to work the wheel and pedals to ensure the car does what you want.

The F3 is also an impressive machine, but I have doubts about the F1, in fact, I wonder if people have tried the F1 and went WTF, and bypassed the F2 for the F3, as to me, this is a ton more fun than the F3, maybe not at Monaco, but pretty much everywhere else.

Another thing to remember is that ISI have clearly been a bit sloppy wrt to the G27 and perhaps G25 as well, but in my case, the modified ini does the trick, especially with the F2/3, but if I had a CSRe+CSP's/T500, my FFB score would have to increase, as people with those wheels don't seem to need any FFB tweeks.

7. Ricknau

Ricknau Registered

By the same token, don't forget to retry the F1 with each new build. It's obvious to anyone reading my posts that I have enjoyed the 60s F1s from Build 49 on but I've not noticed any significant change in handling until this latest 60's update. I won't try to describe the "feel" other than to say that it seems easier to control under power and the front end feels much more responsive under braking. (What else is there? ha ha!) Also, recoveries seem easier than before.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 22, 2012
  8. F2Chump

F2Chump Registered

Tell me how to get rid of the torque wave that pushes me about the track and we got a deal...

9. Ricknau

Ricknau Registered

I'm just suggesting to keep trying it as it is updated. You can keep hating it if you want to.

10. jubuttib

jubuttib Registered

Ummmm, a **** ton of toe-in? =)

11. F2Chump

F2Chump Registered

K, I'll give it a go...

12. buddhatree

buddhatree Registered

I'm going to have to say that Game Stock Car 2012 is the best sim out there that's not rF2.

Been having some Bob Marley sessions with it and it's just fantastic. The physics and FFB are a notch above.

13. F2Chump

F2Chump Registered

I agree, rf2 and GSC 2012 are the best sims atm.

14. F2Chump

F2Chump Registered

15. Raikku

Raikku Registered

No, it's not.

16. MJP

MJP Registered

Lol...... Build 69 FTW for me despite the performance improvement that B85 brought.

If a "****" ton of toe-in improves things then that usually suggests you were going down the wrong track with your setup anyway, (or the physics are a bit iffy :eek: ).

17. F2Chump

F2Chump Registered

Which is better and why..?

I'll also add that the new clio drives like a champ.

18. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

I have to admit, my response is a no aswell. Why? Because rFactor 2 Beta Build 90 is the best lol.