ATI vs nVidia performance and quality / render

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by caterkiller, May 25, 2012.

1. jubuttib

jubuttib Registered

They've been keeping the specifics to themselves, but are always mentioning that several things are turned off for the time being and that they've got a lot to come after the core game is more finalized. So no, there isn't a specific link I can give you.

2. team355

team355 Registered

Yes come on ISI get ATI to spoof that toggle FTW.

Everyone knows ATI makes the best video cards .:rolleyes:

3. jubuttib

jubuttib Registered

ATI doesn't make video cards anymore, not for many years now. It's AMD (Graphics Product Group) nowadays. =)

4. [NAR]Steve

[NAR]Steve Registered

I would go so far as to say MANY years, it has been a few years..not MANY, haha

5. jubuttib

jubuttib Registered

In the world of computing, 7 years qualifies as many. While ATI as a brand name was phased out only about two years ago, the company stopped being ATI and became folded into AMD in 2006. =)

6. Tiago Guerreiro

Tiago Guerreiro Registered

Ok, Thanks anyway....... you know what, ISI tell us that if you want the problem solve with ATI cards performance do it yourself, right the question your own to ATI driver department and wait for the answer, thats very professional from ISI......

Even P.CARS as a profile for Xfire systems already!!!! and they are in pre-apha stage, tell me what is wrong with ISI and ATI staff??

ISI arrogance is killing me, i spend 500 euros in a graphic card (HD 6990) and this is the answer i got: " go ask them (ATI) your self and try to solve your problem by your own"

Thanks a lot ISI!!!!

7. jubuttib

jubuttib Registered

Ummm, you do know that it's normal for gaming companies and GPU companies to work together on such issues?

8. taufikp

taufikp Registered

Hm. The word beta/testing software doesn't ring any bell apparently.

9. YoLolo69

YoLolo69 Registered

ATI/AMD can makes some pretty good video cards for the price.

When I had to buy my current laptop, Dell Precision M6400, I got the choice to have an ATI Firepro M7740 or an NVidia Quadro FX 3700M. The NVidia was 200$ more expensive than the ATI. When you compared both cards, you could see clearly than the ATI was superior to the NVidia regarding nearly all aspects (core speed, memory speed, transistors, shader version, memory type, pipeline, etc.) but bus side (128 Vs 256 bits). On notebookcheck.net web site, the ATI was (at that time) around number 60, and the NVidia was ranked around 140.

So here, in my specific case, for my specific laptop, at that specific period, ATI made something nearly twice powerful for 200$ less expensive than NVidia.

My previous laptop was a Dell M90 and I had an NVidia video card. In 3 years, we had to change 2 times the video card, once the mother board and once the core itself, due to overheating of the video card (all for free due to a 3 year insurance). That’s why I decided to get rid of NVidia for now (this could change of course), at least for laptop.

Just my 2c ;)

10. MarcG

MarcG Registered

ISI have already contacted ATi/AMD....its upto them to respond now so calm down.