[REL] ethone/Virtua_LM: Fuji Speedway 2012 v1.04

Discussion in 'Locations' started by ethone, Apr 12, 2012.

1. Foxiol

Foxiol Registered

Thank you very much i had great times in GT5 and now in rFactor 2! (i play both games yes and what? lol)

2. Chris English

Chris English Registered

Getting this same issue with a stutter every 5-10 seconds. Tried turning every graphics option to minimum, maximum and medium. Every other track is fine with no problems at all, only happens on this one.

Core i5 2500k (@4.4GHz)
    8GB DDR3 1600MHz RAM
    GTX260 896MB

3. hoover

hoover Registered

Hi folks,

I'd like to add this track to rF2 Rank, sadly only the GP layout has a GDB entry so laptimes for the GT layout don't get registered in the CCH file correctly. Can you please fix this?

All the best & keep up the good work,

Uwe

4. Hoschi

Hoschi Registered

Hi,

same here ! All other Tracks are ok.

Core I7
    GTX 470
    12 GB RAM

5. Jul

Jul Registered

Same here

Q8400
    Radeon 6870

6. gbsnplr

gbsnplr Registered

Hi Dennis nice to see you again.

7. ethone

ethone Registered

Nice to see you too Tom. :)

As a note - Fuji has become practically undrivable for performance reasons after the latest update but I am also experiencing limited-scope graphical issues. For anyone not plagued by their screen blacking out, how has performance been affected by the last rF2 update?

I have a performance improvement update nearly ready but I'd like to know if the change in performance I experienced is a singular experience or if Fuji has crossed into unplayable territory for a bigger number of people.

8. mianiak

mianiak Registered

I have seen that blacking out before, I just did a quick conversion of my Nikko Circuit track without any concern for the rf2 technology, I never followed it up because it is the least of my priorities, but I have a sense that it could be something left over from rf1. Where, how, or why? I have no idea, I actually plan to rebuild the whole track from scratch so I have never looked into it. It could also be something to do with the importer, did you import Fuji or did you still have the original max file?

9. Max Angelo

Max Angelo Registered

Here (E6600 with HD 4870) i cant say it is unplayable, but it is the only track giving me quick freezes (say lasting 0,2 secs).
    Also, may be i am wrong, but i have the feeling that pop up of mountains and objects got worse post 85.

10. ethone

ethone Registered

I still have the original max files but some parts had to be re-imported so I guess it's a mixture of the two.
    I get the blacking out on stock tracks as well which is why I considered it some issue with whatever configuration I'm running rF2 on, not something that's just Fuji.

The micro-freezes I believe are mainly caused by my experiment to set RaceSurface instances that LODout. I tested this with another member whose PC seems cpu-limited for rF2 and it caused him significant fps losses - so an experiment that turned out quite the opposite of what I was trying to do. This is the main thing I fixed for the performance update however.

11. mianiak

mianiak Registered

I never got anything like this with sears and with sears it was solely within max, no importing at all, so maybe this is where the issue lies? I know the importer does do something weird to the scale, you can notice it when you weld verts, with a model you started in max, (at the scale of 1 unit = 1m), close by verts weld together unless you set it to 0.001, but an imported model the same size, you don't need to go down to 0.001, it works at 1.0, so there is something weird going on there.
    Maybe if you can remember what objects you imported, you can remove them from the scene and see if it does the same thing? It's also possible that the create a new plane attach it to the existing object trick might fix things, I haven't gone that far into it.

12. Mike Campbell

Mike Campbell Registered

This is also the only track I can't use as the fps is close to zero with freezing. I never tried it with the older update.

13. feels3

feels3 Member Staff Member

I have the same problem on Fuji and Topeca - mircro freezes.

14. ironyltd

ironyltd Registered

I do not seem to be having any problems with Fuji w/ build 85, runs smooth with 20 AI Race, AI in control. Dual GTX590 Quad SLI, let me know if there is any specific test enviornment you wish run.

15. coops

coops Banned

+1 frame hungry bugger of a track

16. Zephyr RU

Zephyr RU Registered

I have same problem.
    especially, on last corner. when I saw pit building.
    there were no problems. but on build 85, I have.

17. Chris English

Chris English Registered

Nice to see you have an update lined up. If you want someone to test it with the stuttering issue give me a yell. :)

18. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

Hit this track for the first time in earnest a couple nights ago and had a good race there. Thanks for the work, I appreciate what you guys do for the community.

We all had PC performance issues with the track. I got this micro-stutter at various spots around the track. Not bad, not a show stopper, but noticeable and annoying. FPS around the pits was... the pits. Shadows seems to screw with FPS with this track. Other guys in the race reported momentary black outs (esp. near the pits straight) and FPS issues as well.

I'm not complaining, just reporting. I know this is a beta track in a beta game and if we don't report, you have no way to know that anything needs fixing. Again, thank you for your work and when complete this track will becomes a new favorite!!

19. ethone

ethone Registered

The micro-stutter has been reported and I experienced those black outs myself. I've got updates ready for release that should fix those issues - at least they fixed them for me. :) Performance issues are hard to judge on subjective, singular and qualitative experiences so feedback like yours is greatly appreciated.

I've personally found that the shadows don't cost any fps on my machine but in any case you can play with the Shadow Detail setting in the sim. The Full option really only adds non-essential shadows that cross the track (and hence are significantly visible under driving conditions) at certain times of the day. The High option has all the major shadow casters and you'll lose practically none of the graphical quality.
    If after updating to v1.01 (when released) you still experience issues with the shadows please get back to me, that would indicate there is some limitation with your system I've not come across yet in other testing.

20. ethone

ethone Registered

v1.01 is now live, go get it here:
    Mirror 1: Rapidshare
    Mirror 2: GameFront
    Mirror 3: TrackCreation.net

Note:
    If you upgrade from v1.0 first uninstall v1.0 through the Mod Manager and move/remove/backup Fuji2012_v10.rfcmp from your Packages folder before unpacking v1.01 to your Packages folder and installing it.

The performance updates are included. Feedback on performance and how it compares to v1.0 is appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 19, 2012