nVidia 296.10 drivers now available...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by D1Racer, Mar 14, 2012.

1. DRat

DRat Registered

Thanks for the post! The new 296.10 results in 15-20 fps improvement testing GT's with 12 AI at Spa at dusk with my single GTX260, with no setting changes. I'm looking forward to checking out results at other tracks and venues as well.

2. MrPix

MrPix Registered

yes... if you click on the Specs Supplied link on the left, you will see I am running Nvidia surround on triple screens

p.s. for clarity... when I said "I hate it when people do this" ... I was referring to the process of posting a 'No problems here' type post when others are struggling as you are.

I would suggest a clean install of the drivers to start with, it can't hurt.... e.g. proper removal, profiles and all, then a proper clean install.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 21, 2012
  3. MaD_King

MaD_King Registered

Ok, I missed this point, I have not multi screen configuration.

4. Alric

Alric Registered

Thank you MrPix for your info. I shall try and re-install as a fresh install. Funny how I had the same problem with the beta drivers a couple of weeks ago though. I knew something was up with these official drivers too the moment I installed them as my desktop was spread across three screens but no game would work in surround and the options were greyed out in the nvidia control panel.

Anyway as soon as I get home I shall try it, thanks all.

5. Alric

Alric Registered

Thanks once again MrPix. Fresh driver install later and voila, surround works :)

6. MrPix

MrPix Registered

Woohoo :) glad to have helped

7. you1

you1 Registered

Hi new to this forum, Welcome all.
    I've just noticed the same, do you have a fix, or is it back to the previous driver,
    I'm running two ti 550 in sli mode

8. you1

you1 Registered

well I've checked the drivers ,I like the new 1 better, it is working as the pic, but the tab " sli" is missing, so not really a problem.

View attachment 1802 View attachment 1802

9. Satangoss

Satangoss Registered

Just disguting. 266.58 drivers give me 20 FPS more in average and no stutters. Nividia is realeasing drivers so bad that I decided go to AMD in mext upgrade.

Fu.ck you Nvidia bastards.

10. jimcarrel

jimcarrel Registered

Thank you Satangoss (NOT)

11. Satangoss

Satangoss Registered

Seriously, I'm sorry if you a Nvidia developper, but what's going on?

Since 266.58 every drive released screw a bit more the FPS and becomes more stuttering. There's something very wrong, and it's not with my rig, I have a GTX480 with allows me play CARS, RF, Iracing and so on all maxed and very smooth EXCEPT if I try update the drivers.

12. Spyder

Spyder Registered

Maybe with an older card its best to stick to older drivers?

13. Paulinho

Paulinho Registered

I've tried these with my GT240, and they have cleared up a lot of issues I was having with the beta.

14. whiplash

whiplash Registered

Sadly, even with these newest drivers i get the well known tdr-bug (driver timeout) every now and then. Sometimes the screen turns black for a few seconds, to come back after and working as before. But in some cases, after it happend, the performance state of my gtx 275 wont hold p0 (max power) any more. The only solution is de- and reactivate graphic card or a system restart.

I really hope nvidia or microsoft are getting this bug fixed, as otherwise i am really happy with newest drivers. Maybe i am going to do a driver rollback to early 190.xx, where this bug obviously wasn't a problem for me at least. But performance over all would be worse i believe.

Any others with this issue around here? Has anyone done the fix in the registry to increase the timeout-time for graphiccard? Can it be a solution? Don't want to mess up my registry if it doesn't really help at all...

15. Tony

Tony Registered

Can only agree with you whiplash, what you've voiced is the reason I'm still running with 275.33 (a year old set, but without any vices as far as I can tell from trawling through far too many nVidia forum threads)
    nVidia tried out increasing the rate-of-change on the clock-speed & the fan speeds after this set, but I think from the 280.xx's onwards they detuned that feature again as it was unstable, so the latest set "should be ok" lol

I only race online leagues, so a TDR for me on lap 44 out of 45 would be pretty bad news :eek:

16. whiplash

whiplash Registered

So with 275.33 you don't have any problems?

17. Tony

Tony Registered

No, none at all

18. whiplash

whiplash Registered

Thx for that, so i am giving this one a try, better than roling back to the 19x i guess.

19. MarcG

MarcG Registered

I seem to remember getting better FPS with 275 drivers with one of the older builds of RF2 (I'm on a 9600GT 512mb), cant remember where I posted though. Might rollback soon should time allow and re-test it with a proper benchmark from another game/program.

20. jv27

jv27 Registered

again...

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 12, 2012