rFactor 2 Telemetry Plugin

Discussion in 'Other' started by Lazza, Jan 26, 2012.

1. lordpantsington

lordpantsington Registered

The only time I'm ever had problems with laptime that was the issue. Thought I'd mention just in case.

2. newtonpg

newtonpg Registered

Maybe kind of a side effect but in fact, rebuilding track map (almost) fixes lap times divergences.

And yes, thank you guys for the data rate = 1 workaround

3. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Ok, interesting :)

I knew setting various things tended to override what the log said, but I thought the timing data wouldn't be affected by the track map. I never noticed anything when I did / didn't generate a track map, anyway. If I can work out why the higher data rate stops it happening I'll try and fix it.

4. Pntgrd

Pntgrd Registered

I installed the plugin and it is working correctly. It puts a file in the/LOG/ directory like it should, but when I try to open it with noted it doesn't see the file

Sent from my XT901 using Tapatalk

5. Pntgrd

Pntgrd Registered

That should say Motec and not noted

6. gabriel666

gabriel666 Registered

try C:\Users\"YourLoginName"\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\rFactor2\LOG

the problem from motec can not open because it hides that folder, I what I do is copy the Log's that are there and paste in: C:\Program Files (x86)\rFactor2\LOG and open it from motec

7. Pntgrd

Pntgrd Registered

I am having the plugin put the log in c:/program filed (x86)/factor2/LOG. The log is in that location but i2Pro does not see it. Is it, the file, the wrong format maybe?

8. gabriel666

gabriel666 Registered

9. Lazza

Lazza Registered

There's the basic interpreter and i2Pro, you want i2Pro. It does sound like you might have the wrong program at the moment.

10. Pntgrd

Pntgrd Registered

I am at home now so I can really see what I was doing wrong. I had the right program but was doing things correctly. I was not loading the rf2 project and then loading the Log file into the Project. I never got into Motec back in RF1 so this is a whole new world for me. Thanks for the help guys.

11. SamSneed1

SamSneed1 Registered

Hi Lazza thanks for the great work. I had an issue with lap times but updated to a new version of MoteC and problem solved. I'm still not getting any tire data or suspension data to show. Is there a fix for this?
    Cheers

12. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Most likely your graphs aren't configured for the correct channel names (a few of the defaults are off). If you load a log and look at the list of logged channels on the right you should see values for speed, fuel, etc etc, down to tyre temps and suspension positions etc.

You might need to configure your tables (right-click -> Properties) and change/add the correct channels so you can see the data in your graphs. You may want to start by creating a new project.

13. SamSneed1

SamSneed1 Registered

Thanks again Lazza, that was it. For some reason the upgraded Motec and plugin didn't like my old project from RF1.
    Thanks for the fast response.
    Cheers
    www.USF1racing.com

14. Clemenca

Clemenca Registered

hi,

i have a problem with motecplugin, the MotecPlugin.ini is correct, when i start the game i hear the plugin starting sound but i get no logfiles... what can be wrong her, i know it works with last version of rf2 but since i made the update it dont work any more..

// MotecPlugin Parameters file

[MotecPlugin]
    Log dir = "c:\MoTeC\Log\" // Directory to log to; relative to rFactor root if not absolute (e.g. "C:\Log files\")
    Logging on = "Plugins\MotecPlugin\LoggingOn.wav" // Sound file (wav) to play when logging is switched on
    Logging off = "Plugins\MotecPlugin\LoggingOff.wav" // Logging switched off
    One log built = "Plugins\MotecPlugin\OneLogBuilt.wav" // Sound to play when a log file has been built, with more pending
    All logs built = "Plugins\MotecPlugin\AllLogsBuilt.wav" // Sound when all pending log data has been built
    Idle log cycles = 25000 // Log build cycles to perform per frame when idle (at monitor)
    Duty log cycles = 2500 // Log build cycles to perform per frame when busy (in-car, driving)
    Active on startup = 1 // Sets whether logging is active by default; 0 = no, 1 = yes
    Activation key = M // Key to press to (de)activate logging; single character (0-9, A-Z) or key code (eg 0x4D)
    Key modifier = 2 // Modifier to be pressed with activation key; specify ONE of: 0=none, 1=shift, 2=ctrl, 3=alt
    Realtime building = 1 // Whether to start building logs while still in-car; 0 = no, 1 = yes

[Channels]
    Data rate = 2 // Telemetry capture rate; Enter a value from -2 (useful minimums) to 2 (100Hz all channels)
    Inputs mode = 1 // Log unfiltered or filtered controls input; 1 = unfiltered, 2 = filtered, 3 = both
    Aerodynamics = 1 // Log rF2s extra aero info (drag, front/rear downforce, front wing height, front/rear rideheights; 0 = off, 1 = on
    Contact patch = 1 // Tyre contact patch channels (ground and patch velocities); 0 = off, 1 = on

15. MJP

MJP Registered

Updating rF2 shouldn't have made any difference, are you sure you have a 'LOG' folder in "C:\MOTEC", you have to create that folder the plugin doesn't create it.

16. Clemenca

Clemenca Registered

i know that the plugin dont create it... the folder is created by myself, i put other local folders in the .ini, same result, no logs ...

17. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Try moving your current .ini file to another folder somewhere, and see if the plugin creates a new one.

18. Clemenca

Clemenca Registered

i tried, no .ini was created when i start rf2... hmmm...

19. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Might explain why it's not paying attention to your changes... could be the wrong folder now :)

Try looking for a new .ini on your system... depending on account settings, UAC, etc, potentially it's being directed elsewhere.

20. Clemenca

Clemenca Registered

got it, thx for your info