rFactor 2 Telemetry Plugin

Discussion in 'Other' started by Lazza, Jan 26, 2012.

1. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Sorry, I didn't realise you were running AI. I haven't tested recently, it's quite possible some of the values are quite wrong when the AI is in control. But that's because the game itself runs different physics, and different tyre files as well; it's nothing something I can 'correct' with the plugin, as far as I know.

Note this also makes setup work on AI fairly useless; there's no guarantee their physics mimic the player physics at all, and when it comes to the higher frequency suspension tuning it just won't work at all because they run at a slower rate, and have some fairly major simplifications. Otherwise running against 20+ AI cars wouldn't be possible. (if you press Ctrl-C to bring up your CPU graph, and switch between player and AI control, you'll see the amount of load the player physics places on the system)

It depends on what your steering is set to. So sometimes that can be mod dependent (if you've selected that in rF2), otherwise it just reflects the percentage of your full lock you're currently using. I think the game has more recently started providing the actual maximum lock available to plugins, I haven't looked at that yet but if I do implement it I'll only be updating the DAMPlugin with it.

Quite normal, even when driving the car yourself. Any sort of auto clutch will engage neutral during the shift, and if the telemetry sampling rate is high enough (or the car's shift behaviour is slow enough) you'll see that in the logs.

2. MATTEW1

MATTEW1 Registered

BOYS there a project that calculates the tyres load??

3. Lazza

Lazza Registered

4. MATTEW1

MATTEW1 Registered

Excuse my English.
    i have install the plugin. I go on motec but I see no tyres load.I state that I am not expert whit motec. you can help me?
    [​IMG]

5. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Next to "Friction Circle",
    Right-click, select New Worksheet
    Enter a name (like "Loads")
    Right-click in the empty space, select Add->Time/Distance Graph
    Click Add Channel
    Type "load"
    Select a tyre load channel, press Ok
    Press Ok again

That should give you one tyre load graph. You can edit the table (right-click, Properties; or F5) to include the other tyres.

6. MATTEW1

MATTEW1 Registered

i have create new worsheet loads but not see a chanell (load) see my screen .. you do not have a ready project to post?
    [​IMG]

7. whitmore

whitmore Registered

search by typing tyre and you will see all the tyre channels including the tyre load channels

8. Lazza

Lazza Registered

On the right you have a list of all logged channels. Go through that and see if you have some load related ones.

I don't really remember what this plugin logs, I've been using the DAMPlugin for a while now.

*you may need to enable the extra tyre data in the .ini. Probably set all the options at the bottom to 1, so you aren't missing any channels.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 24, 2016
  9. Ralffan

Ralffan Registered

Hello, I have a problem with Motec and custom Maths. All Maths are saving to 0 decimals every time I restart, I can set decimal places to whatever I want and it works ok, I save the project but when I restart motec all decimal places are back to 0. All other changes are saved correctly. Am I the only one?

Thank you.

10. Lazza

Lazza Registered

@Ralffan I'm not familiar with your issue, but if you're using the 'rF2 telemetry plugin' you're using an old version of Motec. If you use DAMPlugin instead you can grab the latest i2Pro and if that was a bug it's probably fixed.