A little praise for the FFB

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ROON, Jan 13, 2012.

1. corsa

corsa Registered

I'll chime in too... Fanatec GT3 RS v1 user here, and the FFB is the best I've encountered yet in a sim. Most sims have FFB tailored to the G25/G27, and us Fanatec users are sometimes second-class citizens, but in rF2 I no longer feel that way.

Thanks ISI!

** disclaimer ** I've only driven the classic GP cars and the Megane, not the modern Formula yet... :)

2. RafBR

RafBR Registered

+1

3. This new FFB is really a class above! We do feel the car now! No tweaks needed! Just some steering adjustments and it's perfect!
    Very good job ISI!!!

4. vali

vali Registered

I have a G25 too and I don't think the FFB is as bad as some people say. Maybe they are tinkering about too much and making things worse.

All I had to do was installing the logitech drivers (recent reinstall due broken HD), tone down spring, damping and centering sliders to 50%, 540 degrees and load the G25 profile inside the game.

The wheel acts "as it should be" and no weir rattles, noises nor frightening movements. With the F1 historics around Spa is just great.

5. Slothman

Slothman Registered

Ok...I am happy with the FFB and realise that yes, I will have to work on the setting s(just like I do for every game)...but I would REALLY like to tell when by brakes lock up...so far, I have no clue its happening.

But again, I am waiting for final implementation of tire model and more testing before I become too worried. Right now its just the brake lock ups I struggle with.

6. ROON

ROON Registered

Out of interest, what cars do you mostly drive Slothman? The 1960's historic Formula's have no tyre screech sounds which makes it virtually impossible to know when the wheels are locking up.

7. Speedyice

Speedyice Registered

Every time i play rf2 the FFB seems better and better. The sensation of driving the 60s F1 cars at old spa is incredible!!! :D

Curbs and grass are a bit violent, but its a good deterrent.

I feel the FRenault has a twitchy rear end, but I suppose I could work on the set-up (I've never enjoyed car set-up).

8. buddhatree

buddhatree Registered

You can feel when the brakes/wheels lock. At least I can.

lol until you guys mentioned it, I had no idea there were no tire sounds on the 60's formulas.

I guess that says a lot about the FFB ;)

9. ROON

ROON Registered

I can really feel it on the Megane's, but not so much on the historic's (not being negative, I like it this way). Usually by the time I've realised I'm locking my brakes in the historic cars I'm hurtling through the air doing a dozen quadruple somersaults, soaring above groups of cows mooing in disbelief. :cool:

10. L.R

L.R Registered

Anyone else using DFGT feels FFB of FR 3.5 is not as amazing as Megane and 60s like I do?
    FFB of FR 3.5 fades too much when there is little tire slip... Real cars defintely don't feel that way...
    Or it's only the problem of DFGT?

11. Vincenzo Carlesimo

Vincenzo Carlesimo Registered

The FFB is a crap, it destroy the fun to drive this game. Vibration is too much and i hate it, i thought to ask refund for this but with FFB off finally i find the fun to drive this game. That's innatural and the worst thing in rFactor 2.

12. Vincenzo Carlesimo

I've DFGT too, and i can't drive in FR 3.5. Too much noise and vibration, it's impossible drive in this way.

13. PorscheMR6

PorscheMR6 Registered

its fantastic

14. ROON

ROON Registered

It's a shame that you'd rather disable FFB altogether rather than attempting to modify the settings to your liking. I've seen many people say that they've tinkered with their profiler settings or the ini files and come up with something they find suitable. Perhaps you should attempt to do the same.

By the way, how's the OMT FF1 team going?

15. Vincenzo Carlesimo

Whatever config i make this undrivable the same. This not realistic driving, and i can't buy another desk 'cause the game will break it! This is insane!

16. Jameswesty

Jameswesty Registered

Having done quite a few laps now in all the cars , The megane and the old cars are Really good , Easy to drive from FFB feel and FFB where you need it ( maybe a bit light on the under steer but not gaming brakingly so ) , strangely the cars work better on bumpy tracks and tight brands hatch type track designs than they work on the F1 style flat smooth track.

However The FR 3.5 is awful worse than the bad Rf1 mods hardly any feel at all awfull sound FX just a god awful car :p ! saying that had a drive in it with FFB off and the underlying physics seem fine the horable FFB for that car specifcaly makes it bad.

In terms of raw simulation Real cars are probably more progresive more stable but Rf2 has the FFB and physics to an exstent that you can drive well manage car around corner using brakes and accel and drive more from feel than by having to learn the track like in RF1.

17. chopper.uk

chopper.uk Registered

i dont think it is negative feed back people are just asking for the violent shaking to ber calmed down when on grass kerbs ect

18. Jameswesty

Jameswesty Registered

with the f3.5 bumps definitely override the FFB far more than the other cars where the bumps joggle the wheel but you can still feel overall FFB.

the F3.5 is week for FFB when you accel out of a corner with virtually no feel for what back end is doing the FFB is ok when you are up to a decent speed and with faster corners you can feel what the car is doing fine its just when you are slow that its an issue.

Allso in the F3.5 if you are doing a very slow tight corner once the car is down to low speed you cannot realy feel the back end , unlike the vintage cars and the megan car where even braking into the slowest of corners you can 100% feel if the back end is going to swing out through the FFB.

You can still drive the F3.5 alright ethor way becuse the physics are such that the cars can be caught by just reacting to the visual feedback , but the whole piont of FFB to me is that it alows me to feel the car about to go before it actualy does , helping you keep the car tight and drive on the limit.

19. Vincenzo Carlesimo

fixed my problem on DFGT, i changed my logitech profiler in this way:

Overall strength: 100 %
    Spring: 120 %
    Damping 80 %
    centering spring: disable 80 %
    degrees: 900°

Now in the FR 3.5 the car is fun to drive and no-sense vibration disappear!
    Tomorrow i'll try to find the perfect configuration for the controller.ini ;)

20. ROON

ROON Registered

Good to hear, Vincenzo.