rFactor2 Rank: Looking for beta testers

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by hoover, Jan 12, 2012.

1. DmitryRUS

DmitryRUS Registered

Last edited by a moderator: May 9, 2013
  2. hoover

hoover Registered

The most recently added tracks and cars are now visible at the bottom of the left navigation bar.

Cheers, Uwe

3. zenrael

zenrael Registered

First thing I noticed, signing up, is that the password is visible when registering.

Probably wanna sort that. Looks great so far though.

4. Greg.

Greg. Registered

Hello,
    I'm trying to complete the RaceRank challenge at SPA with the Spark F1 and I have a question :
    Could anyone tell me the difference between "ISI Historics F1 / Spark F1" and "Historics / Spark_F1"?

Thanks!

5. hoover

hoover Registered

Hey Greg,

I wish I knew it myself! ;-) The car classes names changed several times over the the historics releases (not least of all due to my moaning ;-), so if you can tell me the current class name I'll add it to the rank.

Cheers, Uwe

6. Greg.

Greg. Registered

Thanks for your answer hoover!
    I set my last and best time on the "Historics / Spark_F1" but I'm the only one, so I don't know :confused:

And an other question, there is 2 times "Croft" on the tracks list. I guest it v.91 and v.1.0. Shouldn't be only the last version of the track in the selection list?

Thanks for your answer!

7. Greg.

Greg. Registered

It seems a fund another bug.

I have 2 times PLAYERTRACKSTAT in my career.blt for each track. (bug?)

[PLAYERTRACKSTAT]
    TrackName=LIMEROCKPARK_NOCHICANES
    TrackFile=C:\USERS\GREG\DOCUMENTS\RFACTOR2\INSTALLED\LOCATIONS\ISI_LIMEROCKPARK_2012\1.0\LIMEROCKPARK_NOCHICANES
    ClassRecord="*",121,39.9484,-1.0000,44.8063
    ClassRecord="Formula2 2012",20,43.7371,-1.0000,44.8063
    ClassRecord="Skip_Barber_Regional",13,61.0647,-1.0000,-1.0000
    ClassRecord="FR3.5",4,-1.0000,-1.0000,-1.0000
    ClassRecord="Formula ISI Road",6,39.9484,-1.0000,-1.0000
    ClassRecord="Skip_Barber_National",78,57.2390,-1.0000,57.9958

[PLAYERTRACKSTAT]
    TrackName=LIMEROCKPARK_NOCHICANES
    TrackFile=C:\USERS\GREG\DOCUMENTS\RFACTOR2\INSTALLED\LOCATIONS\ISI_LIMEROCKPARK_2012\1.0\LIMEROCKPARK_NOCHICANES
    ClassRecord="*",6,61.6140,-1.0000,61.6140
    ClassRecord="Skip_Barber_National",6,61.6140,-1.0000,61.6140

For example in Lime Rock Park No-chicaines with the Skip_Barber_National, in my "View laptimes", the system shows the last ClassRecord it found.

But my best time lap is not 61.614 it's 57.239.

8. pleclair

pleclair Registered

Greetings Uwe,

Just wanted to chime in, and say that since I joined rf2rank, it gave a whole new meaning to racing rFactor 2 offline. And as a mean to gauge how I'm really doing on a given track.

I love it!

I got a few ideas to improve the current design, and add new functionalities tho:

How about we could add up to two youtube videos and a ghost per lap submitted? Two videos, to show the lap from tv cameras and from cockpit. I started putting my best laps on video, and sending them to youtube for this purpose.

I thought about creating a thread in here, but having them right on rf2rank would make a lot more sense, and a lot easier to use. And those that wanna submit a ghost as well could do so.

It would be a useful resources for people looking to improve their lap time, considering some of the best racers wanna share their replays and/or ghosts.

We could also add a field to share the setup used for the lap time as well.

Another thing, when comparing results between two drivers with the back to back compare, it would be nice to have a checkbox or something to filter the results so only those in common are showing.

When looking at a driver's results page, we should be able to click on a result to enter the compare sheet as well. Instead of having to look up a track, find a result matching the wanted driver, etc... (even better solution, how about a simple compare button, showing up top?)

Also, how about fetching the experience (total laps) of the drivers, and how about the kilometers done (add the total of each clio who's meters value is above 0, for example), and display this info in the driver's page, above the laptimes?

Would be nice to determine the experience a user have with rFactor 2, and would be a neat way for people to know which car they drive the most, etc...

I dunno if there is data regarding the kilometers or laps done on a given track, but that would also be nice to know the track experience as well.

I'll let you know if I think of other things! Keep up the good work!

9. pleclair

pleclair Registered

The new historics are named Historics / Spark F1 etc, and the old one are ISI Historics F1 / Spark F1...

In the new ones, only the Spark F1 and F3 and EVE F2 are entered, the others are missing. So there is no results from the new Spark F2, and EVE F1 and F3.

10. Minibull

Minibull Member

Ontop of what pleclair posted, I would love to see RF2 track what driver aids were being used on the laps posted. Would be nice to see that someone has set a screamer time, but whether they were using any sort of aid.
    Granted though, if the data is not saved by the game, theres no way to implement it.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 25, 2013
  11. pleclair

pleclair Registered

Indeed! That would be really neat, sort of like Dirt 3 did when showing the lap times list.

If the game currently doesn't support it, it might be nice that ISI implement the necessary code for this to happen. At some point, rf2rank could even be integrated right into rF2, while still allowing to use the site off-game.

Another thing I thought after I made my post, would be to treat uploads differently, so that only the new and updated laps are added with the submit date. Cause at the moment, each time I upload a new updated career.blt, all my previous laps have their date updated.

Cause the way we have now to determine the "false" lap times, ie those made with previous versions of a given car, which usually had more grip, and was able to achieve faster lap times then we have now, is to look at the date submitted.. when I see 2012, I usually don't take it into account...

But frequent players will keep sending a career.blt and will update these over time, so it becomes increasingly hard to figure which results are valid... maybe if we could pull which version of rFactor 2, cars and tracks.

You could display that info this way:

When looking at the lap times list, we could have a clickable field, maybe the #, that would display lap time info, such as assists used, versions used, etc...

In the lap times list, we could have a circle divided in 4, like dirt 3 did, and assign 4 of the most frequently used assists on the quarters, so we could easily see it right in the list as well. This could probably be done without the need for graphics, with css. so no slowing down page loading...

Oh, something I thought a while ago, but forgot in my post earlier as well... what about a friend matching feature? That suggest friends based on the number of common laps, and from the lap times difference of these... so it would be easy to find equally skilled drivers to race against online.

Regarding the friends feature, what about a challenge button? Say you beat driver x's lap time, you could send a challenge to notify driver x that you beat his lap time, and he could see it right in the left side menu, a dynamic menu that shows only when there is a challenge waiting...

12. yoghurt

yoghurt Registered

I have deleted all my (old) times and uploaded a new file with the newest 1.4x cars and tracks.

Anyway the number of my laptimes is now no longer correct. On the left side it says "660". But in my career.blt and in my list of laptimes there are only 342 ...

13. hoover

hoover Registered

Thanks yoghurt, I think some entries are cached so let me know if the error doesn't auto-correct itself.

Uwe

14. pleclair

pleclair Registered

Greetings Uwe,

Did you took notice of my previous post here in this thread? I've made a few suggestions and never heard about them?

Are some of them being worked on or considered?

Thanks!

15. hoover

hoover Registered

Yep, noted and put on the list, however right now I'm on a very tight schedule and hardly get around to adding new cars or tracks 8(

All the best, Uwe

16. pleclair

pleclair Registered

Oh that's fine!

There is no rush either! Just thought that it could add to what's already there! I think many of those ideas would be pretty neat, including minibull's suggestion as well!

Integration in rF2 at later stages would be awesome tho.

Regards,

Pierre-André

17. hoover

hoover Registered

Nordschleife Tourist & the new Camaro have been added to the ranks.

New Promotion: Anything @ Nordschleife Tourist (obviously ;))

Enjoy!

Uwe

18. hoover

hoover Registered

LAGUNASECA_ALMS 0.1 has been added. Can somebody please add realroad tech to this track? It already looks quite good and is very raceable, but doesn't seem to have what it takes for rubber to be laid down (yet).

Cheers, Uwe

19. Mulero

Mulero Registered

Hi, I can not download the "create_file.py" script. When I give the file to download it sends me to a Dropbox download page but there is no option to download or anything. Put this and nothing more.

create_file def ():
    **** import glob, re, sys

**** try:
    ******** out = open ("career.blt", "w")
    **** except:
    ******** sys.exit ()

**** for fname in glob.glob ("*. cch"):
    ******** file = open (fname)
    ******** print >> out, "# # # # [CarClass]% s \ n"% fname [: -4]
    ******** File.ReadLines lines = ()
    ******** for line in lines:
    ************ print >> out, line,