Policy on refunds.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by oscarhardwick, Jan 10, 2012.

1. oscarhardwick

oscarhardwick Registered

Hi,

I unfortunately cannot run rfactor2 with my PC specifications. I originally thought that I would be able to on lower settings but the fps count is just impossible.

I have requested a refund via the purchase section of the launcher but have no idea when the refund will come through or indeed if it will come through as I cannot find terms for this situation anywhere.

Any help or links are appreciated. I hope no one else is in the same boat as me.

Thanks,

Oscar.

2. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

I'm told 2-3 days, though with them being busy right now maybe give them an extra day. It also depends on the method of payment, I'm told...

3. oscarhardwick

oscarhardwick Registered

Thank you for the information Tim.

4. BDM93

BDM93 Registered

On the topic of refunds, how long do we have to request one? Meaning can we try RF2 out for a week or a month and still get a refund, or do we have to request it by a certain day after purchase?

5. caterkiller

caterkiller Registered

Hi Tim, I asked a refund because my credit card wasn't attached to my Paypal account, so I had to wait until 23rd january.
    The problem is that for the moment the transaction is still present in my Paypal account.

How can I be sure that it'll be effectively cancelled ?
    Can you confirm that you have received my refund request ?

6. Rui Santos

Rui Santos Registered

I need to know too how many days we have to ask for a refund because i'm starting to seriously think on that. My game beats the minimum specs by far but with this horrible stuttering it's just impossible to drive and i don't think it will be solved soon/easily...

7. 88mphTim

You can request one anytime you like as far as I know right now. However, if people begin buying, refunding, buying, refunding, I'm sure the devs will be annoyed enough to block you purchasing again until after the beta.

If you truly don't believe that the FPS issues you are getting isn't going to be solved either during the next 18 months or the lifetime of rF2 (depending on which you purchased), then you certainly should ask for a refund. ;) But note that if you buy it later, you won't get the extra 6mo on the standard version.

And no I can't confirm whether it's gone through, it doesnt go to me. If you did it through the launcher and it acted like it did it, it probably did it. If you want to confirm, you can contact purchase@rfactor.net but include your RF order number with your email.

8. Rui Santos

Rui Santos Registered

Don't get me wrong Tim, i have a huge respect for your work and the rest of the guys at ISI. Also i know it's just a beta but we had minimum and recommended specs (and expectations too) that, at least, let us play the game without problem. It's kind of frustrating to see that the game is in such early stage of development. Hoping for better days...

One suggestion to you guys at ISI:

- Just solve the game problems (graphics, FFB, stuttering) instead of licencing new cars and content, forget that, just focus on refining the game and fixing those problems and let the modders do the rest. At least for next 6 months.

Cheers mate. Respect. :)

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 11, 2012
  9. 88mphTim

It isn't as bad as it's looked. The HUGE majority of issues people have had are down to how many people purchased at once. With hindsight, an invitation system would have worked better. ;) Once working, the general level of compatibility and gameplay quality is well about what I've often encountered in betas.

Um, I've been licensing new content, you probably don't want me coding the graphics, FFB, as I can't do that. :D Different people do different things and one doesn't slow down or affect the other. The guys who make cars aren't in a position to do much outside of their department. You also probably don't want the guys who make the tracks working on rendering, either. I understand the suggestion, but it's in no way applicable to the situation, the people or the development. Adding new cars and tracks, for example, doesn't require anybody who is a coder.

10. Rui Santos

Rui Santos Registered

Got that Tim and thank you for your education and care with community. I (can only speak for myself) really aprecciate that. Keep up the good work and hope everything's ok soon. I just don't want rFactor2 to go in the wrong direction and make big amounts of fans go away for some other simulator (as the offer is so much bigger now). I want to see the community growing even bigger than before!

Have a nice day and good luck on your work. Cheers for all at ISI.

11. idiot_intraining

idiot_intraining Registered

Hi Tim.
    can you get a refund if you paid with Paypal?

thanks..

12. 88mphTim

Yes, all methods. I'm not aware of the differences (in time or complexity) between the different payment methods though, but ALL can get refunds at the moment.

13. idiot_intraining

idiot_intraining Registered

thanks tim,

guess i will just wait for a email a week or so. :) they be busy.. hope i get it though..

14. William Levesque

William Levesque Registered

Sorry to dig this up but anyway...

I asked for a refund as my computer obviously doesn't like the new era of graphics and I was told in email (by a bot ?) that the time limit was exceded... From what I understood, we were allowed to get a refund for the duration of the beta right ? My demand is as late as this because I wanted to "wait&see"...

Regards

15. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

Try sending a pm to Tim.

16. 88mphTim

Has to be done manually. There's a two month limit enforced by Moneybookers and Paypal. So we have to manually send you the refund then go outside our normal routines to close the account. Kind of time consuming, so anybody who gets the system message (enforced by mb/pp) and reconsiders is good. ;) We WILL have a two month limit also, but not sure when we'll be starting it without letting people through (like you) who ask. You can email purchase@rfactor.net to start the process.

17. Kristoff Rand

Kristoff Rand Registered

12 of my crew have bought rF2 beta... all have been really impressed by the feel of it. 2 have asked for refunds because our mod is not finished and they're not into road courses. they each got their refunds within a few days through paypal. and they used the system within the launcher.

18. William Levesque

William Levesque Registered

Cheers Tim :)

I will probably try the demo once it's out, but at the moment I can't do much so.... :p

19. BasJon

BasJon Registered

20. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered