Test Version

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Gjon Camaj, Jan 10, 2012.

1. Rantam

Rantam Registered

We at HistorX are very looking forward to test the modding capabilities of rFactor2. So we'll be there for sure ;)

Kindest regards

2. Jan Cato Larsen

Jan Cato Larsen Registered

I will jump in for sure, and most likely a bunch of my fellows at SimJunkies.org aswell.
    So bring it on. We are not modders but we await the 2nd installment with high hopes...

Thanks.

3. jason lancett

jason lancett Registered

thanks gjon looking forward to testing the beta...

4. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

You'll see us refer to it as beta, test beta, modders beta, open beta and probably some other stuff. It really depends on the message being sent. Here, Gjon wants you to take the time to understand what this software is, which is why his post is filled with so many reasons for you not to get involved with it. :) And it was posted to give you plenty of time to read it.

No, you have mis-understood.

Yes you will NOT see a demo anytime soon.

Yes. It will also be updated during the beta with newer builds.

5. ZeosPantera

ZeosPantera Registered

Hrm.. WHat? monye?

I like mods give me rf2.. please.

6. RbNoS1

RbNoS1 Registered

7. Schumi

Schumi Registered

Tim, when Open beta release?

8. Mr.Ferret

Mr.Ferret Registered

Bingo all crystal clear to me :)

9. fastorro

fastorro Registered

¿ 65€ ? doesn't... right?

Gjon said "Info pricing" was 45$ = ( 35€ || 1to1 apple rate...)

10. Tiago Guerreiro

Tiago Guerreiro Registered

I´m not a kid anymore Tim, i have 35 years old, 2 kids, i hife, a house to take care, i like simulation, driving and modding and ISI (RF) is my favorite, i´m a big fan of your work but seem´s like you are treating us like little kids who dont know, dont understand thinks!!!! This kind of approach is letting me offended, What Gjon said it´s nothing new, everybody knows this is a beta and we already had a lot of time to read and understand it!!!!

Your are contantly avoinding answer a simple question: Will you release the beta today? Simple question no? Maybe, like i said in VirtualR the answer to this question could "calm down" poeple every day until you release the "test version"..... What i´m trying to say is sometimes honesty is important, take care.

11. StopPt

StopPt Registered

that is for the 18 months one. he was talking about the lifetime version

12. mikeyk1985

mikeyk1985 Registered

He is making it clear for the people who don't understand, not everyone is as clued up as you and I get the impression every single one of your 36 posts are asking will the beta release today. :rolleyes:

13. Drathuu

Drathuu Registered

Tiago, I would think they arent treating us like kids. I think they are being explicitly clear to all those people that dont get what a beta is.. Have you been involved in any betas in the last 4 years ? Day 1.... 2000 whining people.. this is broke, I cant play, this doesnt work ... cry cry .. etc etc... 98% of people that want a beta, actually just want to play it early. It few and far between that actually want to test, give pro-active feedback (Ie not whine), but indicate what they see to be issues and offer potential ideas for resolution.

The post was aimed at this 98% to ensure expectations are very clear .. people will bitch and moan as they are paying for a buggy version.. they will threaten to go to consumer affairs as they paid for something that doesnt work. Legally his post is a very clear disclaimer to the community on what you are paying for and should expect to get... Sad they have to do it, but i understand from a business point of view.

It would surprise me if the installer has a massive splash screen saying exactly the same thing.. before you click the "Pay" button, you will have to read and agree what you are paying for.

No issues here with the post, and excited to get the ball rolling, although reading Tims post and the "plenty of time to read it" i am thinking it maybe still weeks away.. (given doc files are being released to allow people to read and understand in advance.

They are filtering out information to build excitment (Marketting excersize), not to mention they would still be fine tuning and adding touches. All part of building hype around a release.. standard business practice really.

14. Franciscodog

Franciscodog Registered

Wainting for the release...

15. blanes

blanes Registered

Fair Dinkum Gjon !!! Strewth .... Bloody Hell and Crikey ol' mate !!!!!

Fekkin' Hell, surely you've milked this goddamn delaying tactic for all it's bloody-well worth ????

Just release the frikkin' thing and stop all this cockin' around !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

For the Love of Be-Jesus and all the bloody blessed saints !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Peace & Good Bloody Wishes :D

16. cluj

cluj Registered

Guys I think we're getting a little crazy with this.
    I have wanted to try RF2, it is clear that if.
    What can not be is that if you do not like the answers they give us reach a point where you lose respect.
    I think no more than the ISI guys feel like taking out the open beta, especially to continue working with more tranquility, the pressure to which they are submitting is already stifling.

P.S :Sorry for my English.

Greetings Tony.

17. mikeyk1985

mikeyk1985 Registered

I thought the beauty of the internet was that we escaped regional dialects? lol

18. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Me too.

19. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Is that really necessary? ;)

(referring to the unfortunately extremely ocker post above... take a deep breath mate...)

20. gniewko

gniewko Registered

Tim you woke up early ... are we supposed to conclude from this as it is the Day ;) ? Or maybe you can say "it is not the day" ;) ? Would save some forum traffic I think :)