Test Version

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Gjon Camaj, Jan 10, 2012.

1. AlanBernardo

AlanBernardo Registered

I think the real question is will this lifetime thing work for the lifetime releases of rFactor. For example, will it work for rFactor3?

Alan

2. brabham67

brabham67 Registered

Good question, but I doubt it. The lifetime or One year license is for the Matchmaker/Multiplayer side, not the whole game. I bought the 'One year' option, but I could still play rF2 after that expires. I just wouldn't have access to Matchmaker or mutiplayer, and updates would have to manually downloaded and installed.

3. Slothman

Slothman Registered

I think you asnwered your own questions. Its a lifetime license for rFACTOR2. So I doubt it would work for rFACTOR3 :)

4. AlanBernardo

AlanBernardo Registered

Certainly you can play single-player for as long as you like. I don't really think you did buy the one-year option. It was included with the price of the beta. :)

So this one-year countdown starts with the official release of the final product, isn't that correct? It's an 18-month package at the beta stage. What happens if the final release is in four months, do we have 14 months of online play, or will it be strictly 12 months at the official, retail release?

Anyhow, if the life-time membership is only for rFactor2-- which I too believe is the case-- then it's going to be a while before we see rFactor3, wouldn't you think?

Alan

5. Bee

Bee Former ISI Staff

Answer to the first question... Yes, it carries over to the release version of rF2.

Answer to the 2nd question, your online membership is only for rF2 (not rF3 etc). So if you buy a lifetime online membership for rfactor2, it's just for rfactor2.

6. Bee

Bee Former ISI Staff

brabham67 is correct. Once you purchase you have access to the single player component of the game regardless of your online membership.

As for your question about the online membership purchase... you get 18 months or MORE!

7. jubuttib

jubuttib Registered

@Bee: From the perspective of ISI, is lifetime or yearly preferable to you guys? I went with yearly since if you keep at it long enough, I can support you more with it than if I had gotten lifetime.

Basically, do you want all my money now or incrementally later? =)

8. AlanBernardo

AlanBernardo Registered

This is obvious, and, quite honestly, a waste of space even to mention it.

Vague answer. The regular license for beta purchasers is 18 months. If the retail is released in six months, then a year will remain on the license. All is well. But if the retail is released in four months, is the remaining time 14 months or 12? I think it was said somewhere that once the retail is released the beta folks will have one year left for online play, no matter if it takes a year to release the final product.

My guess on the early retail release is that total membership will then equal 18 months. The only way to get more that 18 months is if the beta is delayed passed six months. (I think that is what you meant, though it wasn't specifically explained what you meant.)

Oh well, a minor issue, to be sure. I think ISI will be close to the six months when the retail is released.

Alan

9. Bee

Bee Former ISI Staff

@Alan,

Although perhaps obvious to you, it is a common question. People PM/email us this question and/or ask us to confirm it. Hence the post.

I'd answer your question, but I'm afraid you'd find it a waste of space to do so. ;)

10. shum94

shum94 Registered

Will we have updates on development every month ? What's been worked on ? Will we have build update ?

% of use of CPU & GPU is not optimal right now, ffb is apparently too strong in some particular situations, is it been worked on ?
    Will modders have to re do some stuff when the final build will be available ? Finally tieing car & track together wont work, Putnam Park can't be played online, this should be the first update, what's going on with that ?

11. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

We're not going to set a release date for updates. Learned our lesson on saying we thought you might get the beta before xmas. ;) There will be updates during the beta, you'll get release notes.

12. MaD_King

MaD_King Registered

Good, we need the change log, and a first clear list of the current Beta have to "final" or stable to be checked by all to provide to ISI a feedback ;)

13. LoneWolf

LoneWolf Registered

ISI/Fourm Employee's, I hope you add another purchase option (even for the Beta).
    A toll-free (800) Number, or other direct-way, that we can use our credit cards (VISA, Master, Debit, Etc.) without having to use Paypal and the like. Databases of credit card info ("Hacker-Bait") Scares the heck out of me!
    BTW, Thank You for rF1 and now rF2 Beta!

14. rer8

rer8 Registered

There has to be a better way...

Last edited by a moderator: May 26, 2012