Tracks in RF2, possible a "users choice"?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Niksounds, Nov 6, 2011.

1. Niksounds

Niksounds Registered

i try without google translation eheh

Hi Tim,
    is it possible that in future the ISI staff makes an output of possible list of future tracks for a users vote?

The preferred track will be inserted in the list of work.

This because i want to see the amazing Oulton Park in RF2 eheh =)

A part the "serious jocking", is it possible a user vote system for yours priority? (for a list of planned tracks from isi staff)

2. Guineapiggy

Guineapiggy Registered

There's only one track that will make RF2 great - a painstakingly accurate recreation of F1 era Adelaide with the obscenely bumpy surface and the kerbs that want to kill you. No modder has ever done this maniacally fun track justice.

Never the less this would be a nice feature, though I suspect there would have to be some careful phrasing involved to avoid copyright issues.

3. K Szczech

K Szczech Registered

Just as no modder ever done justice to CART @ Cleveland :) But we could go on like this and I see no point in it now. Sometimes it's not about doing a track you want, but doing a track you can do (the one you have more reliable data on).

4. michael1

michael1 Banned

??? no1 made a good adelaide try this 1

http://www.multiupload.com/X1A3FQH3K7

5. Grotesk

Grotesk Registered

I`m only hoping that the Nisan GT1 will be in the Beta!!!!!

6. Guineapiggy

Guineapiggy Registered

Not one I consider to be well made but let's not go there. Even the 'best' versions of this track have certain accuracy issues and are missing the some essential features, one of which being the extremely rough surface the cars had to deal with. Go watch a video of a hot-lap there, especially from the early flat-bottom era; the cars are basically skating.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 6, 2011
  7. Pandamasque

Pandamasque Registered

I think even a list of 'planned' tracks would be good. So that the modders would leave those alone and concentrate on bringing other tracks to rF2.

8. shum94

shum94 Registered

It has been said what would be in. The old thing on Monaco with the track itself and the Meganes.

Mills or Estoril with the Megane would be nice though.

9. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

As far as getting them in? Well it depends on a few things, mostly licensing. We have a third 1960's track in production for the historics package. We'll be doing them based on a few factors though, including user wants. :)

10. 88mphTim

It's more likely to be a modern open-wheeler in the beta stage for the third package.

11. 88mphTim

Some of the cars we've looked at (and still have to consider building tracks for) I have not seen mod groups looking at. Although some cars we've licensed have been made for rF1, it is only the car. The tracks we're heading for, we haven't seen mod groups looking hard at yet. I'd welcome any mod group to email me if they think they might be at-risk. We have licensed F1 cars from the mid-50's, mid-60's, mid-70's and late 80's. After release we will possibly do a list, it's a good idea, but right now we prefer a bit of mystery so we can surprise you like we did with Monaco.

12. CheeseSandwich

CheeseSandwich Registered

Tim,

Will we be seeing any re-hash of the original RF1 tracks? I always liked racing on the Essington track.

13. GeraArg

GeraArg Registered

[​IMG]

14. Francesco H.

Francesco H. Registered

You are a sly fox, but I need a real race car and a real racing car has fenders,
    so please do not make me unhappy :D

15. 88mphTim

There's a couple already updated and planned to be in the beta. Others may come later.

16. David G Fisher

David G Fisher Registered

Very interested in the modern open wheel cars from ISI for rF2. Most of my racing is F1, and there was only one open wheel mod that I ever thought was fantastic, which was F1 2005 CTDP. But, it had one colossal flaw that I never heard and explanation for. The brakes would fail far too easily. It was ridiculous actually. I hope ISI provides us with some excellent open wheel cars. Although, the brake issue also occured with the ISI BMW 2007, which I believe CTDP helped create for ISI. Please, no more open wheel/F1 cars with unrealistic brakes. :)

17. Guineapiggy

Guineapiggy Registered

Now, I could be imagining this, but wasn't constant brake failure often a sign of something... ignoble?

18. Foxtrot

Foxtrot Registered

Hi.

50's,60's,70's F1 cars, Classic Monaco, Spa and yet another mystery 60's track...Where will I find time for mod cars :D

*crosses fingers that the good mods wont be out too soon.

19. PLAYLIFE

PLAYLIFE Registered

Music to my ears!!

20. 88mphTim

I tried to go for cars which embodied an era to me... Wasn't able to get some... But I'm still pretty happy and still trying.