ISI Q&A with rFactorNews.com

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by 88mphTim, Nov 1, 2011.

1. kimikaze

kimikaze Registered

Yes i read that, but hoping on something else:) I belive you know what :)

2. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

I bet you're happy with 15000 views though, right? :) Happy to help. Hope the Spanish community is doing a bit better now there's more info.

3. 88mphTim

Just a header update. We expected rF1 sales to drop as rF2 looked closer, but we think some are confusing rF1 and rF2 also, so we're tidying it up a bit. Everything else I can now do without shutting the site off.

4. kimikaze

kimikaze Registered

I know something will be changed(something a new of rf2) hehe, even if this just a header picture, lol. Nice teaser picture. Good move, how to cool down little a hot discussions about subscription :)

5. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Josh, what you're paying for is the ability to play rF2 online (after the first year). Whether that's to fund the traffic the matchmaker will have to deal with, or to keep out pirates and cheats, or to fund ISI's next holiday, it's what you have to pay.

Do you ever look at a $90 game and say, gee, why is it not $70? Is my extra $20 for the single player campaign I'll spend 5 mins on? Do you sit on their forums complaining that you don't use whatever feature the game has and you don't want to pay for it?

6. Drifter

Drifter Registered

If ISI were providing the race servers, you'd be paying a hell of a lot more than $13 a year. I'll have a look and see if there is another sim that provides race servers..... Oh, here's one called iRacing for $99 per year, oh and you have to buy each additional car and track you want to use. And you can't play it offline at all!

$13 for online access, new licenced cars and tracks from ISI, continuous development of the sim.

With the account linked to you, if you are banned from a server, you can no longer get back in just by changing your name.

If you just want to mod, then you can mod away offline to your hearts content, no need to pay anything extra.

You can download, install and play mods offline completely freely without the online sub.

If you are running a dedicated server, you don't even need to buy the sim at all!

Some of you don't know a good thing when you see it. Get a grip people.

7. Dave Millard

Dave Millard Registered

100% me...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. Dave Millard

Dave Millard Registered

2 Wheels... yup me too, professional MotoX in the late 70's early 80's

9. shum94

shum94 Registered

Sell the 3 screens and buy only 1 with descent size man.

Wheel is set too high, and the wheel looks tiny or you got gigantic hands or both.

Watching this made me realise i miss it and our thing, simracing is all about that and i really like to see rF 2 in this matter, by ISI or by someone beta testing it if the beta is soon.

I think it's time for it, show us the 400 hz physics working, the tire wear etc... someone hotlapping not cruising.

I'm really in a dark mood tonight...

10. Dave Millard

Dave Millard Registered

I had a 30 in Samsung that I gave to my son, in favor of 3. If you want to buy me all the goodies (3 BIG ones) all the same size then by all means do....the wheel is set to be where is would be if I had it enabled in the sim ..and yes I have gigantic hands.

11. shum94

shum94 Registered

You're a good dad ^^

12. Dave Millard

Dave Millard Registered

He is a happy camper..
    [​IMG]

13. kimikaze

kimikaze Registered

If AMD has some brain, you Dave must be chosen for the marketing for AMD's next generation graphic. Hahaha, what a nice picture. Or maybe Nvidia buy you :) Oh, nice rig to.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 7, 2011
  14. cluj

cluj Registered

You win the bet, We're happy for two main reasons , the first is that after all the enthusiasm and time we put into this project has seen the light, we all work or study and we struggled to find free time ,for us who are fans always of rFactor have the opportunity to be interviewing has been the best way to inaugurate our magazine , and the second and very important for us , let us know out of our natural audience (Spanish and Latin American ).

Greetings Tony.

P.S: Sorry for my English.

15. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

16. Tripp

Tripp Registered

17. Marek Lesniak

Marek Lesniak Car Team Staff Member

Shouldn't it be "WSAD & beer"? ;-)

18. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

Looks more like wine to me but either way, its probably the cause of it all!

:)

19. cluj

cluj Registered

The full magazine is only in Spanish , sorry

20. 88mphTim

Your English is a lot better than my Spanish. :)
    Just the Q&A is in English.
    You remind me a lot of Terence from ISI. The lighting in your avatar is awesome and - yes - you should be working for AMD as their box holder. :) I like it when people have their own look and aren't ordinary.