ISI Q&A with rFactorNews.com

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by 88mphTim, Nov 1, 2011.

1. Andy Bonar

Andy Bonar Registered

Agreed.
    I certianly dont come to work for nothing and expect to get paid for what I do ;)

2. Nibo

Nibo Registered

Tim, there is room for guessing left with this 1 year "online accounts". I`ve read wild theories on different forums. Does this mean that after 1 year we will not be able host or race online at all without another payment? Or that we will not have access to server list, but will be able host and connect by IP?
    Similarly, will person that bought rF2 be able to install all patches as long as they are provided for many years or only within first 12 month, and then will have to pay for another year of patches?

For me personally around $5 a year is not that big amount. But its payment process itself that is big trouble. My debit card is not suitable for online payments (because most of cards from Ukrainian banks are like this), and I probably will need to ask somebody from other city or country to buy rF2 for me and then transfer them money somehow. I did this with rF1... It`s all very complicated here :(

Ups. Sorry. Didn`t notice a dedicated thread to this in rFactor 2 forum.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 2, 2011
  3. MarcG

MarcG Registered

I find the announcement of the Subscription service bemusing, its obviously something thats gonna tickle a lot of people so would've thought it best to get full details indtead of a small blurb in a Q&A...which leads to more questions and the obvious anti-sub stance.
    Even if prices are not yet known I would've preferred an official announcement with more detail as we're already seeing a lot of bitching an iRacing comparisons because we dont know the facts.

Other than that a good read, nothing majorly new but with Beta so close thats all I care for now!

4. NoobRacer

NoobRacer Registered

Words cannot describe how relieved I am to hear this (again, I know, but paranoia loves repetition). Have had countless hassles with both, to the point of boycotting games distributed that way. Thanks!

5. Mauro

Mauro Registered

i wish in an optional unlimited "gold" license (more expensive)

6. F1 2004

F1 2004 Registered

Why not upload beta 1 on Sunday mabye, later beta 2......?

7. JoshJ81

JoshJ81 Registered

Tim, I'm interested in this question as well. I only run rFactor for league races...I never run in pick-up/random races. We connect directly to our servers via a client provided by the server provider and not through the rFactor matchmaker. So, will we have to pay for an account for the matchmaker if we never use it? Or is this more like iRacing and you can't even start the sim without having paid for it? And as Nibo asked, so we have to pay for the account to get any and all updates provided by ISI?

The bad thing about this is, I feel like such an asshole to my league because I have been defending that rFactor 2 will not have a pay system based off assumptions from Tim in previous post...maybe that is my fault for reading into it to much. But it's not all bad, I haven't seen what exactly this will be and I haven't paid for anything yet...none the less this is very disappointing.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 3, 2011
  8. 10speed

10speed Registered

Really looking forward to this. Online service and updates for 12 months and paying for this afterwards is ok. I'm sure rfactor2 will be priced about 50 dollars/euros. The annual subscription will cost (without knowing any facts) less, maybe 30 dollars/euros? No problem if the online service (similar to Racecast with some extra features?) is good and there will be game updates. Come on, you can afford paying full price for only small improvements year by year - F1 2010/2011, Fifa Soccer, Call of Duty etc. etc ...

9. Dave Millard

Dave Millard Registered

Woo Hoo this is great stuff...
    [​IMG]

10. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Is that really you? What other forum related images do you have? :)

By the way, we provided some more info now. See the dev updates forum.

11. shum94

shum94 Registered

So this beta hum ? lol

Bring it ! Bring it !

12. Grotesk

Grotesk Registered

Tim please tell us now a release date, my bike is in the garage and i cant race its simply too cold. :(

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 3, 2011
  13. Nimugp

Nimugp Registered

lol, and if you know a date then all of the sudden it will be warm enough for you to race :p

14. 88mphTim

I miss my bike. :(

15. Grotesk

Grotesk Registered

I think so too...

why tim? what do you drive/race and how professionel?

16. 88mphTim

Na, nothing professional. But I've been stuck on four wheels for my transport since 2004. I miss being on two. :)

I used to live on the Northwest 200 near the roundabout at 2:07 in the video below.

17. cluj

cluj Registered

To be honest when did the idea to make this interview I did not expect much impact (over 15.000 readings)and controversy it would cause to the theme of the annual subscription, to us the concept is quite clear from the outset, so there ask for more clarification, I apologize for that, we are not journalist, we are just simracers like you.
    I want to thank Tim gave us the facilities to develop the interview, we hope to do better on another occasion.

A greeting from Spain Tony.

P.S sorry for my English

18. JoshJ81

JoshJ81 Registered

My only problem with them saying the fee is for online racing, Mod ID, matchmaking and records keeping or whatever for online racing...then why are they not providing the servers and why are we paying for our own servers? It's like paying twice for the same thing, like XBox Live. If we are paying for a service the they need to provide the servers. IDK, maybe I'm missing something here... when is the damn beta coming so I can stop thinking about this crap?

19. kimikaze

kimikaze Registered

20. MarcG

MarcG Registered

rFactor.net is currently undergoing scheduled maintenance.

pretty self explanatory ;)