Release Date - Date 2011?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by log11, Jul 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hutch-SCO

Hutch-SCO Registered

Whats the rush, i'd rather have a game more complete than a patch every week adding or fixing stuff for an incomplete game, the worst thing isi ever did was make a public forum.

2. MarcG

MarcG Registered

well theres gonna be patches anyway, that shows a quality software house willing to fix bugs and make changes and add new content etc etc. Whether rF2 is released tomorrow or 12months from now there will be bugs that need fixing whether we like it or not!
    As for this public forum I think its a great idea, its a great medium to keep in contact with their customers just as Facebook is doing aswell.

3. leandroter7

leandroter7 Registered

Its just a joke! I now race in Iracing and now im pray to rfactor2 become a competitor, because im very insatisfacted with Iracing service. They tire model is a crap. Just wait to see Rfactor2 in the same format (selling services).

4. Jeremy_D

Jeremy_D Registered

A lot of people seem to be unhappy with iracing and there 2.0 joke. I really believe iracing is one good sim away from failer. I am hoping for fr2 to be good, I will jump ship in a heart beat.

5. coops

coops Banned

who cares any more, if its not this yr i think isi will get a lot of ppl not believing any thing they have to say if it is not released this yr, and then probably lose more to iracing, I for 1 will stay here with rfactor than go to iracing but others wont.
    If i was isi i would release it for xmas then if ready b4 hand bad luck you all got what u wanted a release date tyvm cheers coops

6. Blaktop

Blaktop Registered

I'm still having a lot of fun in rFactor 1.....when rF2 is ready, they'll release it, and I'll buy it and race it. I really don't care when that is (within reason.....lol)......mostly I want a complete game where it all works.

7. TChapman500

TChapman500 Registered

I'll get rFactor 2 when it comes out. We still have a few more months before the end of 2011 which should be enough time to get the replay system in and the new JSON system in for saving session results.

8. michael1

michael1 Banned

dose it have a problem crashing in window mode because i see in a video that rfactor 2 crashed in window mode. I also had this problem with rf1 after i upgraded to a HD PC but i have fixed it now.

9. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

I disagree. If you think that way, just don't read them? It's obviously bothering you more than us...

Glad to hear someone is still running rF1, or any other software for that matter. The way some people post it's like they stopped actually running any software the instant rF2 was announced. That really doesn't sound like a fun life. :)

I saw an old car once which didn't have seatbelts, but cars from modern times have them. That video was pretty old, too, and very, very, very, pre-pre-alpha. :)

10. frankwer

frankwer Registered

iRacing is a good sim, but it`s to sterile for my taste, and that`s where rF2 with all it`s dynamics give more depth to racing. And rF2 will probably evolve like rF when it comes to enhancements and additional functionality.

The problem will be to see if there will enough public servers and leagues around for rF2. Or will most people use iRacing because of the quality of the servers and racers. Time will show.

11. Hutch-SCO

Hutch-SCO Registered

Well the constant crys for a release date are beginning to become a tad tiresome tim, like i say whats the rush... rFactor still has plenty to keep us going for now, i'd happily wait till next year if it was the case.

People are expecting big things from rfactor 2, and i'd rather it not be a big dissapointment.

12. Hutch-SCO

Hutch-SCO Registered

I'm not talking about bugs i'm talking about the game content, all we have seen so far is tarmac which makes me believe anyone interested in dirt will have to wait on another update, until we see some dirt screenies we can only ponder.

13. Lazza

Lazza Registered

One of the earliest screenshots was a dirt track, though.

14. MarcG

MarcG Registered

lol show me one game that has'nt got this!! you should be following Star Wars: The Old Republic right now, the crys for release for that game outweigh here by about 100,000,000 to 1 :p

Just checked the facebook page and theres 2 dirt track screens, one of them having a truck in view, plus the karting screens, plus the usual tarmac with 1960s and clios and what not. If anything RF2 is gonna ship with alot more content than RF1 did with the promise of extra content afterwards.
    I think we'll be fine in this regard, personally speaking if they are aiming for a beta fairly soon then i'd imagine its all about final tweaks of the game graphics engine/online code/physics/etc etc, whch can of course take time.

15. michael1

michael1 Banned

i will rent 3 servers for rf2 1 f1 1 indy 1 GT and as for iracing why pay all that money all the time when some1 will just ram cheat there way through to the front

16. Tripp

Tripp Registered

Rent server is that needed )? and ram cheat in iracing ? it was 1 years since i test iracing but now you mean that cheaters have start be on iracing also not good news if that is true.

17. J.V

J.V Registered

In IR you don't see people who wreck others on purpose, drive wrong way on the track and cheat. That is what i see everytime when i'm gtr2's public lobby, rfactor is no different and probably NetkarPro(if there were people driving online) Race07 is little better. There are so many different attitudes in the lobby at the same time that online racing dont work. If you are casual player, why would you go to Ir and pay for it, there are no casual players, they are in public servers in Gtr2's and Rfactor with fast hardcore simracers and results you can see.

18. Max Angelo

Max Angelo Registered

That is strange, because in rF drivers going in wrong way are disqualified after few meters.

19. J.V

J.V Registered

It's the same in all sims, few meter is enough for crashers.

20. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

Then stop your bitching or stop looking at the forums dude!! Sheesh.

I seriously think rF2 is the most anticipated sim racing title in a VERY long time.

You're going to get crashers almost anywhere. Look at the iR forums and you'll see complaining going on about crashers there as well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.