Release Date - Date 2011?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by log11, Jul 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

Even if ISI were to give a release date it wouldn't mean a thing. It will be released when they are finished. Right now, it's not finished.

2. theother5

theother5 Registered

Warlock .... please ..... stop now ....

On the face of it, any message that claims Xmas as not an important 'sales' period will sound idiotic to begin with. So far I'm with you.

However, when you take Tim's message in context of the product Tim is marketing ...... [and clearly you have not], his comment makes sense. And unless one is in his business, one has little choice but to accept his judgement here regarding his product. Alternatively, you can nit pick and make yourself look a little silly here. Your call!

Someone coming in an telling me "I just never heard more stupidity than this on" will probably provoke a strong retort. Not cool!

I work in a business that has a consumer side and an enterprise side. The run up to Xmas is real busy on our consumer side. Crazy busy. On our enterprise side, Xmas is almost our quiet time of the year. Some enterprise folks help out our consumer business folks.

It's all about context and the product/service being sold.

Nowhere in post #92 have you show appreciation of this critical point.

The nit picking in post #97 ain't going to help you case ...... stop digging fella.

Now in his reply to you ... Tim has dropped that the DVD version of rF2 won't see light in 2011 apparently .... so there a juicy tidbit for those who feel so inclined to speculate upon.

3. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

Yeah i noticed that as well. Kind of a hidden message if you want or are eager to read into stuff hehe.

4. MarcG

MarcG Registered

rF1 was released online ages before the DVD version came along, dont think you can read anything into what Tim said IMO ;)

5. frankwer

frankwer Registered

Isn`t the "big" games coming out this and next month? Leaving december alone for rF2 ? :)

6. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

/edit

[delete if needed]

7. varley16

varley16 Registered

my view on this is that i think they would of realised by now if it wouldnt be ready this year, everytime it gets asked they seem to be sticking to the 2011 release date, thats my opinion.

I also watched the trailer on youtube the other day, looks great, and it has been pointed out that some of the effects are not included in the video, it made me laugh to see one user post saying it looked crap, yet ive also seen people scream out for an update, new pics, new videos, and then we get one, and now some turn around and say it looks crap.

i dont care when it comes out to be honest, aslong as its working with very limited bugs in the game.

8. ORA-Quasi

ORA-Quasi Registered

Yeah, my thoughts also. Part of the problem is that some people build themselves up and create thier own Hollywood hype, with pretty high expectation of what is to come, without any hoopla from ISI. Short term memory loss seems to be a bit of an issue as well. They seem to be unable to compare what is in that video [and the supplied screenies] with what we have been racing in RF1 for 6 years, which means some fail to see the difference...and there is one.

The higher level of detail in those GP cars was very noticeable, I thought, and the video serves as an indicator as to what we can expect in the FINISHED PRODUCT, which the video is not. Overall, I'm pleased to know we will soon be getting a superior racing simulation, in regard to visual quality, and that RF2 will lift the bar for community created mods and add-ons. However, I have always maintained my concern is that RF2 will be improved in key areas not visibly obvious, that lean toward realism and immersion. A better racing experience is what I'm expecting (weather, tyres, and other improvements we already know about) from RF2.....the rest is a bonus.

9. PvtStash

PvtStash Registered

Reckon you could sum it up pretty quick by saying some people are idjits and some aren't. ;) It will be released when ISI release it, end of story. It's not like we don't have plenty of stuff to play with in the meantime to keep us amused and there is still more being released for rF1 while we patiently wait. I thought the vid was pretty cool, if you couldn't see differences then maybe it's time for glasses? :p Not having a shot at anyone either, just some light comic relief. Have fun everyone and enjoy what we have. :)

10. CheckerPT

CheckerPT Registered

All i needed is some idea of how long we have to wait until the Official launch date...

11. MarcG

MarcG Registered

35 years

12. Marek Lesniak

Marek Lesniak Car Team Staff Member

Tim said it will be before this Christmas so within next 2 months.

13. luis_esp

luis_esp Registered

yo no creo que salga ya ningun rfactor 2, quien lo terminara donde lo venderan y lo mas importante es un juego casi desconosido quien lo va a comprar ????'

14. Dave Millard

Dave Millard Registered

Sr. Luis tiene que dejar de hacer los hongos mágicos...translation for the gringo's... get off the shrooms.

15. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Yeah, and that's actually what I said, too. If they're going to pluck part of what I said out of a sentence and present it, they probably should try to work in a way to actually mention everything else I said.

rFactor 1 didn't get on DVD until a much later version, and it'll be the same with rF2. I've never mention the rF2 DVD version that I recall without pointing out what happened with rF1. Because it's going to be the same deal.

16. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Well we impose a poly limit on the cars we make to keep a certain level of system specs able to run it, too. So I'm glad they look OK. Modders obviously don't have that particular issue so I'm really excited not only for what we've done, but for what the modders are going to. Good times ahead. :)

It's also good to see someone mentioning the weather, tires, other stuff... Racing isn't about getting the ultimate setup for a non-changing track and not changing it unless the physics change. The track changes constantly in real life through an infinite combination of weather, tire and track surface changes, that's really the big story with rF2.

17. Slothman

Slothman Registered

And that there is what our Local LAN guys are really haning out for :)

Cant wait for it Tim...the silent majority are more than happy and understand what we are seeing :)

BTW did you get my PM regarding Logos, POS for a car show this weekend? The LAN guys are setting up a display for people to see what we do and was hoping to put some logos and info up for RF2 :)

18. theother5

theother5 Registered

Well I was being a little cheeky there at the end of my post #102 I guess. Of course anyone into rF knows what the situation is regarding the DVD. I was poking a little fun only!

Trymedia was a perfect solution for many for rF1. The DVD no doubt being useful for others too!

Hey, we nearly at the end of October 2011 .... Glass half full here!!! How's your's?

19. Vince Klortho

Vince Klortho Registered

Maybe not all modders but my team certainly does. Few of us have the latest and greatest machines and we try to make stuff that runs well on our own machines. For an added challenge, we make cars from older endurance racing series that had fifty or more cars on the grid regularly. This means we place serious constraints on our work so it isn't always going to be of the very highest level of detail but we try to make it look as good as possible while remaining within our budget. I wish more teams would take this approach but these days it seems that very few do. Oh well.

20. WiX

WiX Registered

Poly count should be handled with care However, up until we have seen and try´d rF2, there is no way to know what would be a good compromise. the average pc is getting cheaper and faster. therefore detail levels should be up. I do understand features are an important part of a new version, but lets face it. if it would not be graphiccaly up to date, a majority would lose their interest fast and move over to other platforms. I am convinced , it will be a killer product. Mod wise i am really curious how things will turn out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.