rFactor 2 Developer Q&A

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by 88mphTim, Mar 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

I don't manage the testing team, the only person I know of was someone from ISI.

2. 88mphTim

Haven't noticed anything but windscreen... So can't answer really. There are some body effects coming, like paint scrapes as a damage type.

Not 100% sure what you mean, but if you spin you do leave skid marks and if you go onto the grass you do leave marks.

It's a fully-fledged tire model.

Um, coming sooner?

3. 88mphTim

Yeah that's what I assume also... If you think about it, that's how it should be, sharp steering should cause rotational twisting of the surface touching the track.

4. 88mphTim

I'm not sure what else I can say then, if it's hard to believe. So immediately you've told me not to try.

The emphasis is totally on asphalt racing, yes, like most real racing is. There are off road dirt trucks planned, but they won't be in the initial release. We currently have nothing else involving dirt lined up, but I'm sure the community does.

5. DmitryRUS

DmitryRUS Registered

Oops.

I have no words ...
    Good luck in the further development !...

Thank you very much for your responses, Tim!

6. F1 2004

F1 2004 Registered

link removed - Tim.

They really know the price?

7. Kukuxumuxu

Kukuxumuxu Registered

rFactortroll.com, no comments.

The game is not finished and in this website you can watch a sale price? ISI it's an american company, they works in $ and they put the price in €, wtf!!! which currency conversion has been used 1/1? xD.

At this moment 40€ = 55$, and for example, when the game is released, and it costs 50$ (for example) they have profits by exchange. I smell a scam.

I don't believe this info.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 25, 2011
  8. 88mphTim

No. I'm probably going to have to post a warning about that site.

9. F1 2004

F1 2004 Registered

ok thanks

10. Lazza

Lazza Registered

More wear/heat, yes, should do :) (not all mods have a high enough value on the friction side to generate excessive heat, so 'wild' driving isn't penalised as you'd hope)

But, drivers using 200° get used to it and use smaller movements, I use more to accomplish the same thing, and maybe others use even more and adapt to it. But we can all attack the steering too aggressively and cause more heat, wear, and instability... which is why I don't think high sensitivity steering is an advantage at all.

11. Hofstee

Hofstee Registered

Just curious, but do you have an ETA for the open beta or at least sending out more invitations?

The last response seemed like you didn't quite get what the person was asking. Or the answer is a bit vague.
    "How much will it cost Beta rFactor2?
    How long will it? 1 month, 2 months? Do not answer "coming soon""

"Um, coming sooner?"

(Is that an answer for beta or release date in essence)

Edit:
    Oh! Almost forgot! A while ago I read somewhere that rFactor 2 would have LMPs or Group C's, can't remember, in the game by default. Could you elaborate on or refute this claim?

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 26, 2011
  12. DmitryRUS

DmitryRUS Registered

Tim, one more question, forgive me).
    there is rain. Puddles will accumulate? Aquaplaning is greater than at the speed of 90 km / h?

13. 88mphTim

Nothing modern in terms of LMP at the moment, no. You possibly read a mod group talking about their mod of that content and that they're intending to put it in rF2.

He told me I couldn't answer "coming soon" so I answered "coming sooner". :) All I can say about the open beta is soon. We're just working towards a level of development good enough to go open with instead of closed.

14. Kalle Lints

Kalle Lints Registered

Open beta is so good idea. Many more people can try this out and even if this will create alot of noice about problems or something, that also can provide more usefull information about product generaly, that selected people cant see on first place.

What will be the minimum prize that rf2 can ever be? Like it costs most likely over 50 (55 or 60 or 40 ...) $ or €? I think many people need start saving for that and when they get minimum amount together, they dont need much more for to get it :)

15. shum94

shum94 Registered

I really would like to see these Meganes in action ;)

Unless the beta is coming like less than 1 month.

PS : November 8 is my birthday, just saying.

16. F1 2004

F1 2004 Registered

I would like to see a video like this.

17. HoneyMonster

HoneyMonster Registered

I also have a question regarding the wet weather in the sim. One thing I saw in a dev diary for F1 2010 was the tires displacing the water on the track surface as they drove over it, and then seeing the drier part of track slowly get wetter again as the rain fell. Watching races on tv in the wet you often see the tire footprint left behind the car. Sadly this didn’t make the final version of F1 2010, but I was wondering if this is going to be present in rFactor 2.

While the Codemasters games generally do the wet weather well from a graphical stand point at least, this feature I mentioned above is missing and so the cars don’t actually interact with the track properly and when you see a car drive through a huge puddle and nothing happens to the water it completely kills the immersion.

I realise this isn’t the most important thing in the world, but thought I would mention it so that if it isn’t in the initial release perhaps it might be considered in the future:)

Also wanted to say that I am loving the screenshots and movies we have seen so far and cant wait to try it for the first time! You are all doing a great job:)

18. 88mphTim

I frankly haven't one enough wet weather running recently to know where it's at, at the moment. This post and one above about aquaplaning (which I have heard mentioned, but haven't experienced) I'm going to have to come back to at some point. Another test session tonight but I am sure it'll be dry running.

Regards this paragraph in particular:
    That's the grand plan for rF2 in a nutshell.

I think I've mentioned this somewhere, but we don't really intend to do much product marketing until probably next year and/or v1.1 or so. We're happy for word of mouth to happen first and then we'll start to push, as there's no point putting time and energy to sell to people who will buy anyway.

We also want to continue development after the initial release to some greater place before we put it out onto other media such as DVD. We'll then continue to develop it long after that. I know I've only really hinted at this being a 'longer term' deal than rF1, but hopefully this post explains partially how we're looking at doing things in the initial stages.

19. 88mphTim

lol :)

20. ZeosPantera

ZeosPantera Registered

Make sure when all is said and done THIS can still be as magical..

Also making dirt drive like dirt instead of bumpy asphalt would be nice.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.