rFactor 2 Developer Q&A

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by 88mphTim, Mar 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MaXyM

MaXyM Registered

I hope all modders will want to improve your work.
    Certificate will change nothing. Only way would be blocking of not certified content. But don't think so community would agree with this.

2. YoShImUrA

YoShImUrA Registered

It may be possible online, but it's not properly implemented and neither it is in anyway for offline racing ;)

3. lordpantsington

lordpantsington Registered

The workaround will still function offline, and there is a way to get AI launching at intervals. With some tweaking to the AIW I don't see why they can't launch from the correct position.

4. yokelhama

yokelhama Registered

Hi guys,

Will there be a way to enforce or track different tyre compound uses during a race, like in F1 where you have to use both tyre compounds during a dry race?

It would be interesting to have this feature for league races, enduros etc. Even having different colours on the tyres like in F1.

Cheers
    Rob

5. dragon

dragon Registered

I wanted to ask if the driver is riding under wind will be reached less speed? Is the wind and rain can refrigerate the tires?

6. Adam Gutowski

Adam Gutowski Registered

in rF1 there was in tire file something like amount of heat transfer to ground and air right? if the air heat transfer depands on air speed(car speed) than this is already there

7. buzz hornet

buzz hornet Registered

Tim will there be different qualifying formats? i.e) F1 Knockout style etc

8. simfan

simfan Registered

Tim, I asked once about does will be implemented depth of field effect on the replays in rf2.

I found a gallery of rf1, which this effect was added in post.
    It looks phenomenal.

In FPP games it is used for a long time.
    I hope that the gallery will be motivating to add this effect in rf2 ;)
    (only replays of course)

https://picasaweb.google.com/Kedzierski.Euroinz/Rf1HiRes#

The gallery is made by Ruhisu from simracing.pl

9. satrain18

satrain18 Registered

Will the number of pit crew members is determined by the mod or is it user adjustable (stock car: 5, Indy Car: 6, F1: 15 and up)?

10. Michael Juliano

Michael Juliano Track Team

WE will definitely have HDR and bloom at release as optional post fx. We have talked about FOV and Blur, as well as a few others, too; but I'm not sure if they will be ready for the initial release. If not they can always be added later in an update for sure...

11. Lenniepen

Lenniepen Registered

I guess the 'heat haze' and 'mirage' effects will do most of the trick. I really curious to see how all the effects will look together!

12. MystaMagoo

MystaMagoo Registered

Is it possible to see/review/compare previous sessions lap data?

I'd like to be able to compare Practice 1/2/3 with Quali with Warmup and with Race.
    If possible also Track Temperature etc?

13. Raikkonen

Raikkonen Registered

About the rain i have one question it's possible to make rainstorm look like the Formula One 2009 GP at Sepang ? in offline and online

And during a race if Marble will appear in the outside of the good line look like formula one race with pirelli tyres

14. Boss

Boss Registered

It will be interesting to see if the tire heat transfer to ground will increase and or decrease with different track temps and or rain

Cheers Gary

15. Aaron Carlisle

Aaron Carlisle Registered

Hello, Scott. I have one small question for you if you have a minute to answer; or Tim, for that matter. With a lot of talk about a new distribution system in the works, and post release support as well. Will we be seeing rFactor 2 v1 more as a solid base w/ much more post release updates/patches/content instead of how rFactor was a solid base w/ just a few updates/bug fixes? I know you probably don't have a full answer at this time, but it was just a little thought I had. From what it sounds like to me, we'll see much more post release interaction from ISI than ever before.

16. Luc Van Camp

Luc Van Camp Track Team Staff Member

That is the general idea, yes :) ...

17. simfan

simfan Registered

Thanks for your reply.

The most important thing is physics and the new tire model, but the race weekend consists of many things.

Training, car set up, qualifying and the race, but at the end of the race weekend, it's good to be able to see the effect of your own work in an interesting replay.

It's like F1 racing for example, where after the race everyone is waiting for BBC post-race forum, comments, replays and analysis :)
    Sometimes it is better than a race:)

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 23, 2011
  18. Vien1

Vien1 Registered

1. Is there going to be a showroom to watch cars closely. Would be handy when you have paint your own skin to notice your mistakes.

2. Live timing on every session?

3. In Toban we (2 humans, 18 AI cars) had 20 cars in race and when AI's came to pit they crashed with the cars which were in their pit spots and I think it's because they have no brains and there isn't enough pit spots for 20 cars. So is there going to be any fix for that? Like drivers who are in the same team would have different strategy to avoid those crashes?

19. Michael Juliano

Michael Juliano Track Team

Yes, AI is getting a good overhaul--situations like this should be fixed for release, no problem.

20. Guineapiggy

Guineapiggy Registered

On the subject of the previous I often like to race loads and loads of cars at a track, more than it has starting slots defined for. This meant the tail-enders were starting on the grass behind the s/f straight. Will cars now stack along the track instead of just in a straight line off in to the mud?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Oh, and when I was making my own 'Rainbow Road' track (above) for rFactor I found a trick to replace effects like smoke and skids on a per-track basis. By finding their material names through an error - (I'd give them a false texture name and the game would report something like MISSING TEXTURE FOR MATERIAL <NAME>) I could then create that material within the track and assign my own textures. I could even produce a trippy effect by having part of the track produce a 'mirror' dust so if you were following there or span out you'd see this:

[​IMG]

There were some disappointing limitations to this such as the fact that if I assigned an animated texture to that material it would remain a static image of the first frame when produced as an effect.

This leaves me with several questions:

1 - Will this still be possible?
    2 - Will it be easier than exploiting an error message box?
    3 - Will we be able to have animated spark and skid effects or will they be implemented totally differently to last time anyway?

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 24, 2011
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.