Date of release

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DriverN1, Mar 1, 2011.

1. Pandamasque

Pandamasque Registered

I'd really like to see that old Q&A results posted. Also there wasn't a single word from ISI about sound improvements for rF2. To me (and many others) sounds are even more important than graphics to achieve immersive experience. That shouldn't be overlooked.

2. TJones

TJones Registered

Totally agree !

3. Cavallino

Cavallino Registered

4. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

@Cavallino

So since you're a sound guy I'll ask you a question. Is recording sound from a real race car and placing the real sound into the game very difficult or is it most developers don't actually record real sounds?

5. dragon

dragon Registered

Everything that is related to rF2, starting the destruction of tyre after a dynamic surface.
    Tim with all due respect but with the whole team are doing everything possible to have the worst relationship with the customer. ;/
    Everything looks at it from our site, that your's level of Capability Maturity Model for Software is a level 1. ;/

6. yifter

yifter Registered

You just speak for yourself. You dont represent the community.

Tim and the whole ISI team are just doing their job, which is about programming, making money etc. Although a regular update every week or so would be nice. Just like the Blender Foundation does. Look at their website (blender.org) for Blender Developer Meeting Notes.

Cheers

7. Cavallino

Cavallino Registered

Im not a sound guy. I just posted the link. I'm just one of those who believes sound is just as important in games.

8. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

It seems to me that quality of sounds vary from person to person though. From my experience some sounds that I thought were great others said were horrible and vice versa.

9. zim2323

zim2323 Registered

And your English is a level 0! ;/

Honestly, WTF are you trying to say??

10. MaXyM

MaXyM Registered

He said just what he said.
    If you have problems to understand it - try wiki to check therms. But in overall be mute rather than insult other people. Especially in your the first post.

BTW: I agree with dragon.

11. JorgeANeto

JorgeANeto Registered

What about a minimal respect too? You'd banned in five minutes.

12. Cavallino

Cavallino Registered

if the sample is good , the trick is to get it sound in game as in real life. For instance, CM F1 2010, has real recordings, but the end product is nothing like what we hear on TV or at track.. In game sounds need that bouncing, wobbly, tranny sound, popping & crackling of exhaust, ect.

13. Lizardfolk

Lizardfolk Registered

I'm willing to wait all of 2011 (Q2-Q4) for rFactor 2. But I would like to know if 2011 is actually a likely year for rF2 to be released. That's all I want to know.

14. MaXyM

MaXyM Registered

I've heard gossip it will be released until August or in undefined future (maybe never?)

15. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

Yeah this is just one big practical joke by ISI. They are sitting around and laughing at the big lie that they are telling us. :rolleyes:

16. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

You're correct. If there isn't a release date posted then it's at least a month away. Thanks for the good comments too. Although I totally understand the negative comments of all kinds, it's very nice to hear one which includes what seems like a thorough understanding of both sides of the fence, etc.

17. Marek Lesniak

Marek Lesniak Car Team Staff Member

But still, that doesn't mean, that rF 2 might be 1,5 or 2 months away :) Actually, will it be in 2011 or even that is not 100% sure?

18. simfan

simfan Registered

Maybe ISI is waiting for iRacing and his new tire model?

19. MaXyM

MaXyM Registered

yeah.. to spent next 2 years making it better? And what next? Wait for another releases of nkPro, GTR etc?
    It's really stupid, 'cause this way rF2 may never be released.

But IMO it's not a reason. ISI's behaviour is 'strange' even if not pointed to rFactor release. For example Q&A are ignored for months. Support thread got subtitle 'Technical support from (...) occasionally ISI staff' which resulting no support. Important technical questions remains unanswered. PR is able to write single post a month, usually in way to say nothing about rF2
    I really don't know what they are going to do with rF. Maybe this project will never be released or they realy don't know when. Maybe it is not hi priority project anymore. Maybe rF2 project was even never existed (compare 3 yo screens to current WIPs, notice all other pics was photoshoped etc etc) - maybe rF2 is just a joke.
    Maybe they have no idea how to say that to us. Just another tribute to unanswered Q&A ;)

I would like to believe that they all don't have time to communicate with us in proper way because working 24/7 on release (to catch incoming holidays). But I can't imaging Tim packs DVDs into cases or print labels ;-)

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 22, 2011
  20. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

*facepalm*