Date of release

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DriverN1, Mar 1, 2011.

1. MaXyM

MaXyM Registered

There was also more respect to other people. Obviously unknown for some nowadays :-\

2. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

We tell things when we can. The pace of information goes to the pace of development, not the pace of complaints or polls. If those people don't believe rF2 will come then they're really not thinking too logically, but that is their point of view and we're just fine with that. Maybe when rF2 is released they'll update the poll with another question? My suggestion would be: "Do you believe rFactor 2 got released?" :)

3. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Staring contest between the cat and this bird? I guess that could be another poll. "Who would win in a staring contest between this cat and this bird?" ;)

no blinking.jpg

4. beatnik

beatnik Registered

I'm taking the cat. He seems more engulfed in what he is looking at.

5. Quo-Fan

Quo-Fan Registered

I take the bird...seems he is on a racing track

6. Emery

Emery Registered

Hmm, yes, the bird is on an rFactor track with Daytona-like banking and an infield, but there's a chain link fence without concrete barriers... nope, I can't figure out which track.

7. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Have you heard what the word is?

anyway enough about release dates, let me alone to my Duke Nukem: Forever will you please!

8. mianiak

mianiak Registered

Maybe the bird is a WIP Hint and we will soon be seeing Kangaroos hopping down the mountain at Bathurst...

9. beatnik

beatnik Registered

Looks like a Karting track to me.

10. Marek Lesniak

Marek Lesniak Car Team Staff Member

The bird is wondering, is that very steep banked track out there, or maybe only a very high concrete wall? ;-)
    Now I'm thinking, that maybe the cat is staring throught the window at the bird? If so, then probably there might be something, staring at the cat! ;-)

But what if there's no rF2 and the bird is living just in its own dream world? Maybe the cat knows something more about that?

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 5, 2011
  11. beatnik

beatnik Registered

Will that Bird be similar to Cones in rFactor? :)

12. DriverN1

DriverN1 Registered

I believe and I wait. But I believed that rF2 got released in 2010? And what? Nothing! I have got only disappoint. Now we are in 2011 and we haven't any news from ISI again...NO ANY INFO ABOUT RELEASE DATE! But I hear news about ISI is working on u.s. business tasks, and no progress with rF2... It's terrible. How long must we wait?? Maybe some months or maybe one year yet?? Or maybe some years?? Sometimes I think
    it most probably that the end of world will be earlier than we will see release rF2... ISI tell us fairytales and show screenshots and videos...it's cool but time is passing away :( it's funny to look at cats and birds here and discuss about them. But I'm sim-racer I want to race and I wait for rF2 so much! And what? No any release, no any news, no any info...but here are cats, birds, nice pictures, screenshots and discuss about "great rFactor3"...pathetic...

13. IMSA GTP

IMSA GTP Registered

IMO, RF1.255 is good enough as it is to still be better then anything else. Sure it could be improved, but no matter, given the customization it offers its pretty hard to beat the way it is. In a large part due to the legacy of available cars and tracks.

So what happens when RF2 is released?

First consider that the existing cars & tracks aren't just "drag & drop". It doesn't sound as though updating the legacy cars/tracks will be a simple task either. In that event the community will be split into different release levels; almost as different as rFactor & GTR2 is today.

If ISI were going to invest in marketing to attract and recruit a new flock of simracers, a dual existence of rFactor could be a good thing....but...if not, I think RF2 will more so lead to fragmenting the user base. Some will like that, some not.

What I think would go a long ways is if a set of tools that included development and testing to update the legacy mods for RF2 compatability were released well ahead of the actual RF2 release date; the tools should allow RF1255 users to test....

By making the transition of the legacy mods more of a "done deal" will sell probably 2-3 times as many seats of RF2; its really a win-win scenario.

14. MarcG

MarcG Registered

do what I do inbetween playing rF1 and waiting for RF2.....go to the pub :cool:

15. dragon

dragon Registered

I guess you better let everyone interested in RF2, then the producers appreciate people waiting for a product, / I think that the company producing rFactor is not even the first level of the CMM. I do not know what they want to achieve through their own style, perhaps discouraging people; /

16. CordellCahill

CordellCahill Registered

The fear is that ISI makes so much money working with real racing teams that it will turn it's back on sim racers.

17. V6_

V6_ Registered

You're pathetic, you didn't get your juice bottle this morning and threw a fit.
    You should be grateful ISI are even making rF2, not complaining that you aren't satisfied with how much information they throw out there.
    I can't imagine what would have happened if you were a GT5 fan waiting for the release.

This forum needs a minimum age requirement.

18. Marek Lesniak

Marek Lesniak Car Team Staff Member

In the same time, you are also wrong... because that works in both ways. Yes, we are happy and thankful for rFactor 1 but also without us (the community) ISI would be in deep... you know what. It is us, who keep rFactor 1 alive. It is us, who anticipating for rFactor 2 (and buy it! ISI makes that for money!) and this is us, who will be making mods and tracks for the new platform. So, thinking your way, it is ISI who should be greatful that we are still waiting for rF 2.... but of course, for me, it should not work like that. Not to such extend (who is greatful to who etc.).
    What we are missing (again, this is only my opinion), is more information about what's happening there with the developement. I'm not expecting them to confess about each line of code but more in a general way, like "we are tweaking some weather effects. Expect a video within 2 weeks. We will show you some cool stuff" or "tracks are done, now we are focusing on tyre wear algorithms". You know, that kind of information.

Also, things like "Christmas card" is great idea, but I would like to see for example, how developement is going but about things that are cool or interesting from a modding point of view... let's be honest, static image is not that cool, compared to things like weather effects :)

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 5, 2011
  19. Kyle House

Kyle House Registered

I got this

Soon

Soon
    Adverb, -er, -est.
    Period of time in the sim racing community ranging between ten minutes and two and a half years.

20. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

Conversation on the cat kept me reading this thread and then...... I'll just leave it at that. :rolleyes: