rF2 Wishlist - Various Sources

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ZeosPantera, Oct 5, 2010.

Tags:
  1. MaXyM

MaXyM Registered

I believe predicting is based on extrapolation from the last vector (maybe from the last vector change). There is not calculating physics ahead (online) because clients has no information about physics of remote cars except some basic values.

So, the same extrapolation you can realize in plugin. No need to build it into rf2.

2. zild1221

zild1221 Registered

Lots of water.

3. DeDios

DeDios Registered

great video mate.

4. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Graphics/Sounds/General Settings saved on a Per Mod basis - I find when switching from NASCAR to Open Wheelers to Touring Cars I have to keep switching various settings around all the time, would be nice to have the option to save them on a per mod basis from within the game.

5. roadhog29389

roadhog29389 Registered

The ability to set up offline championships properly would be nice, maybe a string after each venue to determine practice sessions, length of practice, qual type, qual sessions, qual length, warmup sessions, warmup length, # of races, length of race 1, race 2, etc, point multiplier for certain races. Something like that.

6. Kyle House

Kyle House Registered

Programmable shift lights for each car. Right now, as far as I can figure out, the coding for the shift lights on the in game wheel or dash are hard coded to a certain percentage of the RPM band. When activated at the predetermined percentage the corresponding artifact in the GMT goes from it's 0 position to it's 1 position which 99% of the time takes the form of a light turning on. What I would like to see is a removal of the hard coded version and it replaced with a user, not modder, adjustable file. Something where we can set the shift lights order and timing, by RPM, to how we see fit.

That way it is something meaningful to the user and not just a visual version of an audio cue.

7. Malik

Malik Registered

Ideas for tracks:

Let the track be more intereractive....for example;

Allow the track monitors to be 'real' and show actual action on the track rather then looped film reals. And clocks could display the real practice times and or race laps.
    i.e. the Dunlop tire at Le Mans or the Pole at indianapolis

8. Adam Gutowski

Adam Gutowski Registered

the "real monitors" will probably cause much fps drop

that real time/clock(digital and analog)/positions/etc. would be nice

9. Marek Lesniak

Marek Lesniak Car Team Staff Member

Well... in F1 2010 you have big TV screens with real time picture (at Spa for example) at still, overall performance is very good. Maybe that could work too in rF 2?

10. ZeosPantera

ZeosPantera Registered

This took some time and I am pretty sure all the measurement you would need to give a modern sim to have it set up your view/triple-head properly are here.

[​IMG]

Much better than iRacings silly measurements.

11. Pandamasque

Pandamasque Registered

Add this to the wish list: Reliant Robin 3 wheeler.

12. Lenniepen

Lenniepen Registered

I believe the old EAsports (ISI) F1 games had tv screens showing your nose- or rearwingcam, ten years ago.

13. prunn

prunn Registered

My biggest wish: Server that can auto kick people for swearing, I was told it is already in operation in some cod games.
    I see that its a very big problem in public servers at the moment, sometimes even on private, admins can't always be there and read everything.

14. ZeosPantera

ZeosPantera Registered

If a race is in session there shouldn't be any player to player chat anyway. Trash talking before and after a race is realistic. Besides I predict more use of direct microphone communication which couldn't be blocked with swear words anyway.

15. RizoR

RizoR Registered

I am not sure if this is good explained by me,my english is not so good.I worked the last view weeks with the Rfactor 1 Plugin rFactor DynHud from CDTP Team.
    And this Future was not possible to integret as an new widget,because its not an overlay in d3d9.dll.
    It must be inside a Track.So what i mean is the visible Drivername when you klick on keyboard °TAB°

I wondering why this is so worse. Maybe to get some more FPS at old rFactor engine. And here is my idea for ISI to make one for future in rFactor 2.

It can be very usefull to see at onlinerace more informations about the Drivers.Like Nationality,Current Position(rF1),Raceusernumber(rF1),Teamname.
    The Fonts and Images that will be used as Background can be latter,if needed, changed by every MODteam to their own style. Take a look at the picture.

http://img862.imageshack.us/i/tabnameteam.jpg/

it`s self explain. Please don`t criticized it,it was very,very quick made example picture.
    The Images and positions coud be much better,but thats not so important at the moment.

So what you think about a little Future like This for rF2.Usefull or not?

16. MaXyM

MaXyM Registered

I suggest to use car skins and recognize cars on tracks by paintings.
    It's closer to reality than labels.

17. RizoR

RizoR Registered

But what will the driver`s do if unique vehicle is off, and there is only one skin for vehicle.More drivers will use the same Vehicle?
    When Painters make modskins,an put as examlpe some,Nationflagg and Drivername on the Windows and also on a Number/Nameplate inside the car.
    They will drive with an vehicle witch all have the same Labels inside and outside the used car.Thats not reality.

Or did you seen in real four Michael Schumachers Cars on track at the same time?

Do not forget,U can disable it every Time like in rfactor1.If u don`t like to see them on Track.
    It will be a simple future to switch between the old and the (new)moddedLabeloverlay.
    So if you like the simple old from rfactor,than press 2x TAB to switch.

1x TAB=Old Labels
    2x TAB=New
    once again TAB=off

simple.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 13, 2011
  18. MaXyM

MaXyM Registered

You can always use HUD with drivers ahead and behind you.

Of course it's not problem for me if such feature would be available - I will just don't use it.
    But I think NFS-like features are wast of developers time.

19. RizoR

RizoR Registered

I don`t understand why you call this NFS-like.I don`t think thats Acard like.BTW NFS is terrible.
    Acard is for me,when you drive with 250km/h iside a wall,and nothing happen.

It`s only a small tool,that make it easier to get more info about the current driver.
    And i Think more to use it in Trackside Cam as observer.Like TV.Not when u driving.

20. ZeosPantera

ZeosPantera Registered