Le Mans Ultimate

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MikeV710, Jun 5, 2023.

1. MikeV710

MikeV710 Registered

Yeah I get It, but the whole thing just strikes me, and with that I expect anything could happen. That Florida heat can really get to one, I lived there all my teenage years, In Miami for that matter, so yeah I know :D

Let´s hope this cools down and we get some better Intel!

2. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Just regarding the stream of consciousness part, the statements here were from the periodic earnings call. It's not any sort of press release.

A lot of these news sites report stuff from these calls and they lose their context; like for the last 2 years when they talk about reserves being forecast to run out by a particular time, which people then read like it's a prediction of some natural process in an inevitable decline. It's a statement of fact, and the company has options to act and change the situation.

Now a lot of the same people responding to those statements with doomsday predictions, are seemingly surprised that a company saying they need to make more money is thinking about doing something to make more money.

As I said in the rF2 thread: the model people have been used to, with a quite cheap base game, some optional DLC, a free online race system, is the way things have been and evidently isn't sustainable. So of course things will change. It's that or nothing at all.

3. CeeBee

CeeBee Registered

its optional, with free tiers remaining, so if you like playing with 10 year olds screaming like banshees and corner smashing can opt to stay in free tier i guess? Wonder what the charge will be, i let my iracing lapse because it does not offer anything near what it charges for.

4. Richard Busch

Richard Busch Member

When this goes to a paid rF2 subscription, I wonder what will happen with people who paid for a lifetime sub way back when rF2 first came out?

avenger82 and Lewbuttoni like this.
  5. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Not related. Unless you can convince ISI to fund it for you.

Marcel Offermans likes this.
  6. pilAUTO

pilAUTO Registered

If such a system were put in place, a paid subscription for rFactor 2, can you confirm when logically this subscription would concern access to online mode, and that this subscription would not be obligatory to continue to have access to the entirety of the content and offline functionalities ?

7. Lazza

Lazza Registered

There are no details to confirm at this point, because there isn't any plan in place nor any announcement. The subscription model was mentioned in an earnings call as a idea to help cash flow.

Given the tone I think it sounds very likely to happen, but we'll have to wait for them to finalise and communicate any changes - which will likely be months away.

8. TonyM

TonyM Registered

agree!
    That gives them also some time to test the market in terms of the right pricing etc…

9. sg333

sg333 Registered

Well that *was* a lifetime ago..

:p

10. bobbie424242

bobbie424242 Registered

And nothing ever last a lifetime, especially regarding video games.

PedroJ likes this.
  11. PedroJ

PedroJ Registered

Of topic, sort of, but...

If RF2 owners did a DLC just with rally cars and tracks, i´m sure, they will sell a boat load of rf2 and Rally DLC. That is my dream!

In my opinion, there is no sim game engine, with the potential to create a rally simulator, like RF2.
    Just try Targa Florio, with the EVO TA car.

TonyM and Bernat like this.
  12. TonyM

TonyM Registered

I have to look at this EVO TA car….
    Is this a Studio397 car or a mod?

13. Goanna

Goanna Registered

PedroJ and TonyM like this.
  14. SharD

SharD Registered

If that happens I will rip the game and play it for free, still. It's toxic to suddenly charge people for something that has been free for years, and barely sees -any- development. The content that I'm playing is the content I've made myself. Restricting access to my own content is just-.. yeah.

:rolleyes:

15. PedroJ

PedroJ Registered

It´s a mod, for me one of the better cars to have in Rfactor2, the problem is as is an old car, in VR is difficult to have the right position, because of the mirrors. Also the front wind shield glass have a kind of filter that kind of blurs the image in VR, but is a blast to drive, the sound, everything is so well done, is a pit that the owner of the car does not update it.

the mod is the one that Goanna have post.

TonyM likes this.