[WIP] Jaguar XJ13 1967

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by mantasisg, Nov 26, 2018.

1. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

What do you call "anything" ? I think that apart a small circle of guys that I know, no one cares about "anything" anyway ;)

2. Xzanman

Xzanman Registered

i just wondered if the mod is in a usable state, I would love to try it.

I downloaded it and had a quick look at the AI driving it seems everything works with the audio and graphics, i just hope it drives as good as it looks, hopefully I will get a chance soon.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2024
  3. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

It does look like no downforce at all, doesn't it.

I don't even remember how it drives, most likely trash now, partly because there will be steering mismatch, maybe some other bit will be wrong... I will be revising physics sometime because I have learned so much while working on a lot of cars from 1954 and 1967 endurance packs, as well as some other... Most likely I won't be sharing anything publicly, or maybe I will. All I really want is connection with other simracers who are enthusiastic about this type of car, and would also have mind rich enough to talk about it in pleasant manner what they think is right and what they think is wrong. Without that to me sharing is pointless. Que sera, sera.

Xzanman likes this.
  4. AKR

AKR Registered

Please share ! I am sure there are a lot of simracers who truly enjoy this stuff, but never provide any feetback. For you this may provide good karma though ;-)

memoNo1 likes this.
  5. Xzanman

Xzanman Registered

Well personally I love driving this era of cars. Especially these iconic cars that are not really seen in sims.

I understand how making mods can be a demoralizing and thankless task. When you put your heart and soul into something, only to have negative feedback said in negative ways and pestered for updates by people with no patience or idea of how many hours actually goes into making a mod. But you can be sure that there are people that use yours or others mods that get a real joy out of using them, that your work is appreciated and although we may all be strangers you have put a smile on their face.

I haven't had time to drive this mod yet but I did watch the AI do a few laps to make sure the mod was not broken. Just looking at the 3d model and hearing the sound put a smile on my face. So already I can sincerely say thank you.

I will update you of my experience driving the mod.

pkelly, memoNo1 and Mauro like this.
  6. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

Haha. Should have enough karma by now.

Don't need likes, don't need compliments. As a moral online currency, they have suffered from inflation. The real valuable things are not easily named, and not simple to understand.

Big thanks to the people that offered good help, were genuinely there together and brought true good willing vibes. You can always reach me out privately if you want to offer something, or just ask and talk about something that is interesting.

7. Xzanman

Xzanman Registered

so I gave it a try, the steering seems off but lowering the lock down to 16 helped, there is a lot of lift off oversteer but perhaps that is a characteristic of this car. definitely challenging to drive in its current form, I would love this to get some love it has real potential, the cockpit view is excellent and I love how you can see the engine in the rear view mirror.

pkelly and memoNo1 like this.