Le Mans Ultimate

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MikeV710, Jun 5, 2023.

1. Lazza

Lazza Registered

I don't follow that at all. I mean, it's up to the individual of course, but you don't support something that doesn't do what you want, generally. The "No VR, no buy" crowd, that's their option and the best way to indicate their preferences. But it's also (as evidenced, apparently) not an extremely effective incentive for VR to come ahead of some other things the devs have decided to focus on instead.

If the relatively small percentage of people exclusively running VR is going to make or break the game, it's got issues.

2. sg333

sg333 Registered

One of the devs said on Discord yesterday that even in rF2 the VR playerbase is only about 5%.

3. elgagon

elgagon Registered

How do they know it?
    AFAIK, all of us who are using Opencomposite instead of SteamVR, due to the increasing of performance, don't appear in the Steam stats.

4. bobbie424242

bobbie424242 Registered

They may have analytics in the game that keep track of VR use.

5. Rui Santos

Rui Santos Registered

Well, LMU will be released as "Early Acess" which means that us, rF2 fans, will not receive any updates during the ongoing development of LMU...

Hope i'm wrong...

Pollinflas and PirroC like this.
  6. The_Bad_Fasterd

The_Bad_Fasterd Registered

These are valid points but I didnt want to get myself onto any more FBI watchlists like you just did :D

JoeP1 and davehenrie like this.
  7. elgagon

elgagon Registered

Yes it's true.
    It would be interesting to know how they get the data.
    It's curious, among the people i know, the number of VR users is much higher than that 5%
    In 2022 we had a champ in a comunity with 50% of VR users, the higgest % that i've seen.

Pollinflas and mister dog like this.
  8. Rui Santos

Rui Santos Registered

Steam probably has that info...

9. Fingers

Fingers Registered

Has it been confirmed that LMU is 100% no VR by the Studio? I cannot find anything official saying that it is or not VR.
    Seems od thay would actively remove this from an engine that runs VR very well!
    Will be purchasing regardless, £25 is worth it, even if it just sits on the shelf till VR is enabled.

mister dog and trichens like this.
  10. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Purely from the above posts, which I assume is all you've read, I understand that it won't support VR on launch, but support will come later.

11. Fingers

Fingers Registered

I tend to take forum posts with a healthy pinch of salt.
    Can anyone point to anything official from the studio regarding VR, I can't find a thing.

12. elgagon

elgagon Registered

But many of use use Opencomposite instead SteamVR due to performance.

Pollinflas likes this.
  13. hitm4k3r

hitm4k3r Registered

Btw, my post wasn't meant to have a go at VR users. I know that VR support for racing sims is pretty important these days and that having a choice allways makes a product more appealing and opens it up for a broader audience. Same goes for stuff like controller support wich is propably more important than VR if the plan is to bring it to consoles at one point. And reading comments on different channels the demand for a console version seems to be rather strong. What I wonder though is how many of those VR people exclusively use VR and no monitor at all. I know two people personaly who use VR for DCS, but they still have a normal gaming monitor for other stuff.

14. trichens

trichens Registered

BeamNG.drive is shown as Early Access in Steam and that was released in May 2015.

As customers. and with the MSG history, I think we are caught "between a rock and a hard place".
    If sales of LMU are poor then it might be difficult for MSG to continue with it.
    On the other hand people may not be prepared to spend their money on a game with perhaps an unknown future.
    Me? Well I'm happy to invest such a small amount... and support the work of the developers.

it will about the same price as a 18 pack of Moretti lager from the local supermarket... and we all know where that ends up!

Last edited: Feb 2, 2024
  15. Forza_GaRy

Forza_GaRy Registered

At least I know that a fair few of my friends who play rF2 only drive in VR, so it would mean either not including them when playing LMU or most likely just sticking with rF2 until it gets support. It's not good when you have to leave people behind, which was also why not needing to own all content of the server was such a good and important update for many. And it makes a huge difference having 6 or 9 players in an online race.

16. TonyM

TonyM Registered

Does Rennsport support VR actually?

17. hitm4k3r

hitm4k3r Registered

The funny thing is you get LMU for the price of two iRacing tracks. Guess who is calling LMU a scam? :rolleyes:

18. TonyM

TonyM Registered

If you want LMU, or LMU with VR, or a rF3, just spend these small amount of dollars on Feb. 20.

Honestly not a big deal compared to the thousands of dollars that we all spend on PC hardware, VR goggles, wheels, seat, transducers, motion, shifter, DDU, monitors, LEDs, etc...

Highlandwalker, trichens and redapg like this.
  19. elgagon

elgagon Registered

I prefer to pay 40-60€ when they implement VR.

Pollinflas likes this.
  20. TonyM

TonyM Registered

I understand it.
    but

Then hope that many of us - non VR customers - will buy it, otherwise LMU will just not be further developed.

elgagon and trichens like this.