Should we better avoid the Halloween sale for rFactor2 in future?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 8bar, Dec 27, 2023.

1. 8bar

8bar Registered

Oh boy, now we have war on top of Coca Cola and beer.
    No, I don't have an iPhone.
    Yes, I have bought something in my life - try to imagine it.
    Who cares if you haven't bought your lunch at work once in the last 20 years?
    That's not what we are talking here about - but I wouldn't be surprised if the canteen at Studio397 is far too expensive,
    just like their other prices :).
    I'm sorry but you still don't get it and as I said before, I don't feel like explaining it to you again and I don't think it would help.

You have over 12,000 messages here in the forum.
    Do you really want to tell us that you don't work for Studio397 and are just playing the forum Robin Hood for fun?

Last edited: Jan 12, 2024
  2. elgagon

elgagon Registered

@8bar repeating the same without taking in consideration what people tell you doesn't have any sense.
    You want to listen that what you think is ok, but it seems that many people think in a different way.
    It is what it is.
    If you don't like the halloween sales, wait to the winter sales. It's simple.
    If someone likes the halloween sales, knowing that there will be winter sales, (because this happened in the past), then they buy.

3. 8bar

8bar Registered

How many times should I explain it then???
    It's not about a few dollars, it's about the principle and about a since years bad pricing policy where we should be allowed to discuss about.

But that's exactly what I said:
    If at all, you can use the winter sale and just don't shop at the Halloween sale, otherwise you'll just be annoyed only two weeks later.

4. elgagon

elgagon Registered

It's not a question about repeat this again.
    Repeating something many times does not make you right or wrong.
    Simply, some people think in a different way.

5. Bernat

Bernat Registered

Do you really expect us to discuss pricing policies that better align with your buying habits? Or that take into account your acquired decission making rights from years of buying and racing?

Buy only single items at full price, no packs or sales. Simple pricing policy. Fair price. No surprises.

6. Allwin20200

Allwin20200 Registered

Wow, I read this thread the first day that it was posted and never visited again until today. Man, things escalated quickly haha

My two cents (pun intended) on this is: we all buy things we want to get, at the time we bought them. If we pay the price at *that* time means that we are agree on the price of that item at *that* time.
    Few weeks ago was the first time I started buying DLCs for rFactor 2. I always try to get (everything, not just DLCs, E V E R Y T H I N G) at the lowest possible prize. I was having fun with this game and I bought -mainly for offline- the Legendary Track Pack, 25% discount. I know eventually could be with a 50% discount. I bought in the Autumn sale, could have been cheaper on Winter's sale. Could have been. But I thought at *that* time that the price was ok for me. If that pack get 50% discount tomorrow I WILL BE HAPPY. People could buy it cheaper.

pkelly and trichens like this.
  7. 8bar

8bar Registered

Fair prices - that makes me laugh.
    No, I'd rather not discuss anything else here.
    Talk it up, sugercoat it as much as you like.

8. stonec

stonec Registered

In my opinion there is no reason to be annoyed at sales. We can either have content sales (which means some people end up annoyed if they bought the content just before) or we can have no sales like iRacing. Which option is better for the price aware customer? The second one of course, as you can then delay your purchase and only buy items on sale if you are short on money. iRacing has cost me over $1000 probably including content and monthly payment so there's something to be annoyed at for me.

The second issue with the car not being used, well that's kind of annoying, but again we don't pay anything for the online system. When iRacing releases a new version of let's say the Ferrari GT3 car, the old car is no longer used in online scheduled races and basically becomes obsolete.

9. fischhaltefolie

fischhaltefolie Registered

Well, you can also look at it from a different angle.
    What makes a customer satisfied?
    Buying a good product and having bought it for a good price. This experience makes the buyer want to come back and have more.
    We are not talking about quality here. So the satisfaction of the good price remains.
    And here everyone has their own ideas. It's not about saying buy if the price suits you. It's about persuading the buyer to make the purchase. That should not be forgotten. In the classic sense, a discount should give a potential buyer an incentive to buy. And this feeling should not be lost after a few weeks.
    And how can I encourage loyal customers to buy more content? Not by offering an all-in package, most of which you already own and which will soon be obsolete.
    If you have already invested a lot of money in the simulation, as a buyer you also want to receive some recognition from the seller. Yes, you have bought and used content, but wouldn't it be nice to receive some kind of reward for this in the form of an offer that suits you?
    As mentioned above. Offers should be there to create an individual incentive for a purchase.
    This is how providers who have to fight for their customers should work. It's called customer loyalty.

PirroC likes this.
  10. Lazza

Lazza Registered

I get what you're saying, and it sounds like a great place to live, but I don't see it happening much in the real world.

My issue with this thread is calling out rF2 for doing something that everyone does.

But the OP is basically trolling at this point anyway, with no coherent arguments. It's a tantrum.

elgagon likes this.
  11. elgagon

elgagon Registered

@Lazza , your coments are not useful and for sure false.
    Because you work for S397.
    Ironic mode - Off

Lazza likes this.
  12. Comante

Comante Registered

Are we really still replying to this rant in january?

13. Martin Vindis

Martin Vindis Registered

What the hell did I just read? o_Oo_O

14. trichens

trichens Registered

Well I'm not... oh rats!