Released Reiza Pack Out Now!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Mar 28, 2019.

1. AlexHeuskat

AlexHeuskat Registered

it's the hype for 1.5 update, the hype is now gone (yeah it's not the revolution) and with logic, AMS 2 players will go under the rF2 numbers (today 17th august rF2 has more users 734vs722).....check the stats, and Reiza fears to release and fear about the hype for rF2.
    AMS 2 is the last game released with the lowest users, a fail.
    Even today, the rF2 stats are now better, the Reiza hype is gone, the new players are leaving the game as fast as they have tried, bye bye Reiza stats, again last....for ever.
    RFactor 2 has a solid and constant community, Reiza have their stats boosted by new players who have tried the 1.5 fail update and now they are gone back on rF2 or iRacing, or another game, and AMS2 stats are always the lowest on steam, a fail.

rf2.jpg

Last edited: Aug 17, 2023
  2. hitm4k3r

hitm4k3r Registered

I am not sure if player numbers are anything to write home about in any camp here, as they haven't been great for any of the two products compared to more polished products out there. Let's face it player numbers for rF2 have been dropping like a bomb as the content releases have slowed down severely since Long Beach and the Cupra and Formula E wasn't something to catch all the fans. I would to some extend also blame the poor management of the sales and wierd strategies but that's a completely different topic.

The reason why I kind of expect this pack to be updated is pretty simple. Reiza is a professional studio, a big player in the current market still offering their pack full prize while the quality isn't holding up to that price. It's kind of poor when other free time hobby modders get similar tasks done in shorter time and it kind of leaves a bit of a sour taste. I remember a similar situation when United Racing design stopped supporting their mods while releasing new content. And in that regard I have certain expectations as a user when it comes to the bare minimum of support that I expect from a studio trying to make profit with the content. So why should I treat Reiza different to URD, Kunos, SMS, S3 or even S397 as long as the base product is supported? Reiza could just say, well we have moved on and stop selling it at full price, but they haven't. And this isn't a question of having bought content as is, wich frequently appears to be the main argument and righfully to some extend, but having promised the updates for a very long time now while not making it clear that the content isn't up to date. Even the Kartsim guys managed that better. :rolleyes:

Simulation_Player likes this.
  3. AlexHeuskat

AlexHeuskat Registered

I admit Raceroom, iRacing, Kunos are good developpers, Reiza is one of the worst for me, with Kylotonn.
    This Reiza DLC is a shame, and we all know that Reiza promises are always for the fools.
    Any new player knows what Reiza is, a greedy company who has tried to take the Project cars 2 players and hype and failed, they failed twice with rF2 bundle. Reiza is one of my black list devs with Kylotonn, they are both the worst for me.

4. fischhaltefolie

fischhaltefolie Registered

Did you read post 560?

5. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Please stop trolling your nonsense, thanks.

Zoaal, Dady Cairo, Uff and 1 other person like this.
  6. CeeBee

CeeBee Registered

if Reiza release Sebring, I can uninstall Rf2.

Dady Cairo likes this.
  7. Bernat

Bernat Registered

I've just tried all the Reiza cars in the newly released Potrero de los Funes and they're fantastic, sound and all. I don't know what you're talking about. The new audio system doesn't mean old content doesn't sound right anymore. It adds positional audio and some others effects, but good old content should sound better, and sure it does. Only mods that implemented sound incorrectly need to be fixed but I think Reiza did it pretty well. Maybe tweak the audio legacy settings if you need to.

memoNo1 likes this.
  8. Delzimar

Delzimar Registered

With all due respect to the people at S397, but I think Reiza is more competent, see the reiza pack when it was released it was the best track content we had in RF2. If Reiza was working together on RF2, you can be sure that many things would be much better today.

9. pilAUTO

pilAUTO Registered

I have tested 4 cars recently.

2 had a catastrophic sound (2 proto I think).

I use the settings recommended by Devin (developer emeritus of S397 and good communicator) on the Discord.

I think you can find these settings with the keyword "legacy" by searching for Devin.

But hey, everything will probably be updated within a reasonable time, so I'm patient.

But I really want to have Ibarra updated in particular, on screen it's "not bad", in VR, with the reliefs of the mountains and the quite numerous vegetation, it's really good + fantastic layout.

10. Bernat

Bernat Registered

The Metalmoro and Puma cars sound very good to me, also the MCR. The Formula Vee, being a small rear-engined car has a weaker engine sound because of the 3D audio but still decent. I think I set all legacy settings at 100% except tires and external at 50%.

11. AlexHeuskat

AlexHeuskat Registered

sorry the road mesh from the Reiza packs is awfull, and s397 tracks are far superior, without any debate, and the s397 cars drives far better than any Reiza rf2 bundle.
    The only good point in the Reiza rF2 bundle, it's the driving feeling in rF2 destroys the same content in AMS2.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2023
  12. Lazza

Lazza Registered

No, not because of 3D audio. It's not right, and will (I'm sure) be fixed when these cars are updated. That's what people are talking about.

13. AlexHeuskat

AlexHeuskat Registered

reiza releases only Project cars 2 tracks, their others own tracks are awfull, like the airport track, flat and boring....and it was not even free...even with all the s397 tracks, AMS2 drives like project cars 2 and can't challenge the highest simulation level like rF2 or iRacing, AMS2 driving feeling is vague and unprecise compared the the rF2 king....

Last edited: Aug 18, 2023
  14. Bernat

Bernat Registered

No, that's not what they're talking about if you re-read the mesages above. It's not several cars, only one, and it's not completely broken. The engine sounds low like it's to be expected although it might need some adjustment, but it's not a disaster at all. I hope it doesn't get fixed putting the engine inside our head again. Why are you criticizing only my message when there are clearly several wrongs in this thread? Have I said something that bothered you more than anything else?

15. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Sorry, I didn't realise there was a requirement to address all posts rather than single ones.

The sounds of some, or at least one, of the Reiza cars was reported when the audio engine was updated. There's possibly a bug that happens and a session reset (IIRC) fixes it, but it didn't seem to account for all reports and it really became apparent the content itself needed to be updated to work properly again. You said you tried them all and there was no issue, which I think is unlikely, so I replied.

**And hey, at least we're not talking crap about AMS2 etc, so I'm happy to participate...

16. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Then don't use Reiza content if you have a problem with it....duh!

17. hitm4k3r

hitm4k3r Registered

Sorry, but this is complete nonesense. When the Reiza trackpack was released the tracks were standard quality that I expect from a professional studio at that price point, but certainly not the benchmark considering that S397 offered tracks like Sebring at that time wich obviously had more details in pretty much every aspect. And this isn't just about track details and surroundings, but the surface detail. Compared to the laserscanned tracks that we have seen from S397 allmost every Reiza track feels flat like a pancake, even compared to smoother tracks like Monza or Bahrain. And today they aren't even at the level of the best modded free tracks while being offered at full price.

And about questioning the competence of S397 compared to Reiza. I think people often forget that Reiza was around five years late with AMS2 and that their project after AMS1 became a running gag at that time. And this isn't me having a dig at Reiza, because I think that they are as professional as S397 or Kunos, but that people sometimes have a bad memory. Now Reiza is allmost two years late with releasing the updates for these tracks, while content from the season pass for AMS2 was delayed for over a year aswell eventhough people had allready payed for it. And considering how many problems there ware with the newly released Rallye Cross content with tracks having huge gaps in the terrain I wonder how good their QA is compared to S397. And last but not least it's pretty obvious that S397 and Reiza have completely different visions about their games. How any of that would have been much better for anyone of us is something that I wouldn't dare to answer. The Puma GTE for example, still has a misaligned steering wheel wich isn't centered. How such simple things, that even drive me nuts in real cars, haven't been fixed after several reports until now makes me wonder if Reiza hasn't fallen into the same trap like ISI with huge content creep.

18. bobbie424242

bobbie424242 Registered

Sebring is a bit of an outlier and IMHO the highest quality track in the whole rF2 roster. And probably one of the best track ever modeled in a sim.

19. hitm4k3r

hitm4k3r Registered

I have read that post. It's a bit of a wierd excuse when they are responsible for that content to point towards the new contractors. If I am selling fruits in a store, for wich I have rented some rooms in a building I can't blame a new leaseholder that my apples are rotting away. At the end I will believe it when I see it.

20. hitm4k3r

hitm4k3r Registered

Sebring an outlier? I think people should really take a closer look at the amount of details that every laserscanned track released since Sebring offers. People sometimes forget that the Nordschleife in rF2 is far more detailed than in any other sim right now. And eventhough the tracks are a bit more on the expensive side, the quality of the S397 track roster since Sebring speaks for itself. And while the new tracks of Reiza are nice aswell, I would like to remind people that even ISI offered some very detailed tracks that still hold up quite well. People go nuts about the animated cows at historic Spa in AMS2. Guess what? We had that in rF2 13 years ago and nobody cared for a track that is still among the best when it comes to making a track feel like a living landscape of the 60s and not just some tarmac to race on.

Emery likes this.