Released Reiza Pack Out Now!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Mar 28, 2019.

1. memoNo1

memoNo1 Registered

Unfortunately, that will probably only remain a wish.

Rui Santos likes this.
  2. Mauro

Mauro Registered

Last edited: Jun 29, 2023
  3. fischhaltefolie

fischhaltefolie Registered

Reiza had a deep insight into the Madeness Engine before they decided on it, and they have full access to the source code.
    With this insight, Reiza chose exactly this engine and no other. The studio has communicated more than once that it would be a long-term project, which it is. But three years is not that long when you look at other simulations that are being developed and still have their weak points.
    And yes, they do bring updates on an ongoing basis. But what is said to be bad in AMS2 would be eagerly desired or demanded in other simulations where development is at a standstill. With each major update, a core problem of the simulation is addressed and rolled out to the individual vehicles.
    Who gives these updates the title of gamechangers? Mainly youtubers who want to generate views with them. And isn't Reiza allowed to point out the improvements and advertise them like any other developer?

RaceNut and Ozcanuck55 like this.
  4. RaceNut

RaceNut Registered

I don't consider any single AMS2 update a "Game Changer". But, in total, they just may be.
    Either way, the title continues to be developed.
    Meanwhile, how much do we know about the future of rF2 development?

5. vava74

vava74 Registered

@RSimioni
    Hi Renato... why this delay? Could you please explain why we haven't received the updated tracks?
    We know that they were really advanced/pre-final already months ago.
    Please... this is getting silly and, frankly, quite annoying...

6. Love Guitars n Cars

Love Guitars n Cars Registered

Isn't Reiza not even the same team now as it was back when these were released?

I'd be very surprised if we got any update to this content.

7. vava74

vava74 Registered

The tracks are updated. There are photos here and I have direct knowledge of them being refreshed and almost ready to since months ago.

Love Guitars n Cars likes this.
  8. Bernat

Bernat Registered

Polishing and testing always takes more time than expected. It wouldn't surprise me.

9. RaceNut

RaceNut Registered

IIRC, the updates are carried out by very few people (maybe even only one). Yes, the tracks should be done by now but, the cars are also being updated to current standards (including audio). I believe all Reiza DLC will be released at the same time. Knowing Reiza, they may even be going beyond what is expected but, either way, it will be released when it's ready. ;)

10. CeeBee

CeeBee Registered

On the reiza beta forum there are big things coming, things we just cannot have in rf2, I prefer they concentrate on finishing those first, as much as I'd like to see how they improve on an already awesome Ibarra.

11. RaceNut

RaceNut Registered

Reiza has stated that they have (at least) one person working on the rF2 DLC content updates, so it's not an either / or scenario.

It is possible (pure speculation on my part) they are updating some content based on current AMS2 versions, so not simply limited to the previous rF2 content updates. If so, that may account for the extended wait / or maybe it's just our impatience at work. :D

CeeBee likes this.
  12. Adolfo Bisi

Adolfo Bisi Registered

The Vee in AMS2 has the handling of the brazilian fVee of today. They have upgraded rear suspension, different engine, different tires... i've driven the cars that race today here in Brazil, they handle nothing like the fVee in rF2, and are much more stable. I'm not saying that the car we have in the game today is bad (actually they are more fun to drive), and is probably the way they handle at the time. But the ones in AMS2 are not "dumbed down", they are just up to date. In a perfect world they could uptade to today standards and keep the old on in game.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2023
  13. Delzimar

Delzimar Registered

Sorry for the sincerity, but this is a shame. reiza promised the update more than 1 year ago and so far what we've seen is just pictures. Be patient!!!!

14. AlexHeuskat

AlexHeuskat Registered

they have just released their famous AMS 1.5, so they could feel bad if the Reiza rF2 had more success...we all know rF2 drives far better than AMS2....the only valid reason to not release the finished tracks is they are jaleous from rF2 success if we have more updated tracks, cause we all know that the rF2 users massively don't really care about AMS2 and the project cars 2 driving feeling...

Last edited: Aug 15, 2023
    Rui Santos likes this.
  15. Love Guitars n Cars

Love Guitars n Cars Registered

Lol.

I don't play AMS2 nor do I care about it but I'm pretty sure no one on that team is jealous of what is happening over here. Did make me chuckle though.

JRS likes this.
  16. Lazza

Lazza Registered

I think I've seen you on social media.

17. Bob Gnarley

Bob Gnarley Registered

I currently have 1360 play hours in to Rf2, at least half of those are with the Vee. It's my go-to drive. My worry isn't that it gets modernised in some way. I'm concerned it'll get fudged like those in Ams2.

I don't currently have Ams2 installed but i did get 42 hours in to it, most of that time was spent trying the Formula Vee out after some update. The last time i tried it seemed as though someone had driven a spike down through the front of the car. In turns the car felt like it was rotating around the spike rather than it's natural axis. Hard to put your finger on but definitely something weird going on. It's the one car i wanted to like and should have had a feel for but i eventually gave up on it, never felt right.

I get that the one in Ams2 is Fox/Polo based or whatever rather than Beetle but that was never the issue. For the record, i don't have anything against Reiza or Ams2. I had good fun with Ams1 and wish them well on the path that they have chosen. Also not looking to trigger any "Ams2 debate". Not interested, moved on.

My hope is that, if it ever gets updated, nothing odd happens to the Vee's handling and that i still have an enjoyable go-to drive.

And if the decision has been made not to update it's content, perhaps Reiza could consider removing it from sale. It's not really fair to still be offering such well outdated content even at a knockdown price. The circuits especially are now a long way off in quality compared to the other tracks in the store and what Rf2 is now capable of.

memoNo1 likes this.
  18. memoNo1

memoNo1 Registered

Honestly? AMS2 doesn't feel that bad.
    The feeling for the tyre as well as the load change is definitely there.
    It has too much grip, no question about it, the Porsche RSR 74 is too easy to catch.
    The problem is well known and Reiza will find a solution.
    I even bought the Nürburgring DLC for the beautiful Südschleife.
    AMS2 is unbeatable in VR in terms of immersion!
    Reiza will get to grips with the rest.
    Besides RR and rF2, AMS2 belongs to my inner circle that I use.
    Keep it up, Reiza!

Edit:
    You should at least give AMS2 a chance after V 1.5.
    With the FFB custom file "rfuktor" it really isn't bad.
    I was curious after all the positive feedback and am glad to have given it a chance.
    I never thought that Reiza would get this far with the Madness Engine.
    Let's wait and see.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2023
    Paul McC likes this.
  19. Delzimar

Delzimar Registered

I agree, AMS2 has evolved and as I said, VR is the best. I dream of having a SIM with the physics of the RF2 and the beauty/lightness of the AMS2

memoNo1 likes this.
  20. makan

makan Registered