Le Mans Ultimate

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MikeV710, Jun 5, 2023.

1. AlexHeuskat

AlexHeuskat Registered

I admit the lack of Q3 teasing just proves that rF2 is at the end.

2. Mordorsport Max

Mordorsport Max Registered

That only proves that you have to wait a bit more for the teaser.
    Everything else is speculation.

Rui Santos and 88mphTim like this.
  3. AMillward

AMillward Registered

The new online system is coming. But since everyone involved is under NDA there’s nothing to show yet

nonamenow, 88mphTim and trichens like this.
  4. green serpent

green serpent Registered

Dude, clearly you haven't tried to hotlap the Reliant Robin :p

5. AMillward

AMillward Registered

Or the Formula Pro... That thing's insane.

green serpent likes this.
  6. pilAUTO

pilAUTO Registered

I did about 10 laps of the Nurburgring Combined recently with the Formula Pro (250 km!!), and this car is awesome.

Also, it's typically the car you might think it's unsuitable for the Nordschleife, but frankly, with quality driving and avoiding inappropriate curbs, it's all good.

Same for ultra-fast prototypes.

Everything can run on the Nordschleife in sim.

7. pilAUTO

pilAUTO Registered

Thanks I think I will try! Fun car probably.

green serpent likes this.
  8. Simulation_Player

Simulation_Player Registered

Everything can run on nordschleife IRL too, its just too risky to do so hence there are rules in place. for example

Nothing is physically stopping them to go nordschleife.

Why not do it in sim since we don't have same concern ? Answer is simply licensing. Lemans is NOT associated nordschleife in any way. its a contract you can't brake. Kunos founder (and also licensing guy ) marco loves nordschleife too but he can't add it in ACC simply because its a SRO ONLY sim.

P.S > I too enjoyed driving fpro on nordschleife.....higher ride height , softer corner springs , rely more on 3rd spring and decent amount of front and rear wing is a good base to go.
    try to run as low rear wing as possible , as its more draggy at high angles than front wing.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2023
  9. pilAUTO

pilAUTO Registered

I understood perfectly and from the start, that it was probably not possible (at least at the beginning) to have the Nordschleife in LMU.

Perfectly.

I just regret the decision to work on LMU and maybe other sims, knowing the huge negative impact this will have in the future for rFactor 2, and the negative impact has already been seen for many months in fact.

Instead, an rFactor 2 which would have continued these developments at the frantic pace of 2022, for 2 to 3 years, with possibly a huge DLC replacing LMU which would not have brought everything but the main LMU..... Would have been so much better.

I disapprove of this decision..... And indeed I have no control over it, it's true..... But me and other people are not going to keep our language to ourselves.

Moreover, in order not to stir up unnecessary debates, I did not say that almost everything can run on the Nordschleife IRL, but yes of course. I would love to see the laptime of a Verstappen for example with his 2023 F1 on the Nordschleife!

10. MarcG

MarcG Registered

I'm looking forward to LMU, it will be interesting to see what S397 can cook up with regards to potential new features and advancements. I applaud the direction of a Sim entirely focused on one specific type of racing, not everyone is full of doom & gloom :p

trichens likes this.
  11. Simulation_Player

Simulation_Player Registered

I'm on same boat as you , i would have preferred if dev time was dedicated only on rf2 , instead of other MSG title, i personally have no interest in them. I do wish them good though.

12. Binny

Binny Guest

13. boxer

boxer Registered

The best thing that could happen is for S397 to nail this LMU title and in the process solves all the shortcomings that rF2 currently has like the package system and eventually either migrate rF2 to the new base or develop rF3 based on it.

trichens likes this.
  14. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

15. pilAUTO

pilAUTO Registered

From what I understand of the point raised by @Binny , a competing studio both communicates (just enough) and communicates well and wisely.

One of rFactor 2's current problems lies in this aspect.

This is how I understand the post.

16. 88mphTim

That depends on having something to communicate (if they are working more on LMU they may have little or less to say - we know that's a thing) and willingness to potentially be wrong, then whether your community will accept the fact you gave what ended up being false info if it ends up that way and you miss dates or whatever. Lots of posts in the thread here discussed that. Lots.

Caio Fonseca likes this.
  17. 88mphTim

AMS2 has one of the best sets of content in sim racing, IMHO, but if they ever has a crisis I feel like some people will crucify them and instantly begin to question AMS2's future the same way they have with rF2. I saw all the doom sayers already doing it when they recently announced the partnership with Straight4. Some people just can't help themselves, I guess.

But hey, at least today they're good communicators. It's better than a month or so ago when AMS2 was doomed, I suppose. :rolleyes:

18. pilAUTO

pilAUTO Registered

If they intend to actively continue the development and content of rFactor 2, even at a pace undoubtedly lower than the year 2022, apart from AI and the new multiplayer system, they are necessarily working on one or more areas simulation.

On *some* of these areas, seeing that some of their users want more communication because the arrival of LMU brings a lot of doubts about the future of rFactor 2, they could communicate and *remain very careful and not promise the moon*.

Examples :

- Part of the improvements to the graphics engine (shadows draw distance promised 2 years ago ? Etc.) from LMU will probably be transferred at some point to rFactor 2, in a second time.

- Some of the advances in the physics engine will probably be transferred to rFactor 2 later.

- A further improvement in loading times is currently being investigated for LMU and rFactor 2 and will be transferred to rFactor 2 in a later stage.

- An improvement to the multiclass AI grid creation system is currently being worked on and will be available first for LMU and then for rFactor 2.

- An improvement of the weather system of LMU and rFactor 2 is currently under study, the project is to integrate it later in rFactor 2 after LMU.

That are just examples.

I think that they can (and must) communicate, *by paying attention to what they say and promise*, but they are bound to say things that most of us would find useful, *without compromising anything*.

This is just my point of view, don't type!

88mphTim likes this.
  19. 88mphTim

I don't disagree.

But the timing may not be right, that's all. They may not know.

20. sg333

sg333 Registered

Has it been expressly stated that LMU is intended to be a hardcore sim? If not, it could well be the case that the rF2 platform will be used but with a 'more user friendly' driving experience, lets say, and perhaps the content brought to rF2 in its pure, hardcore sim state.

pkelly and Rui Santos like this.