Le Mans Ultimate

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MikeV710, Jun 5, 2023.

1. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

I'd love to know when or where. Maybe the quad? "ISI makes it clear that rFactor 2 does not support loose dirt and soft terrain modelling"
    https://www.bsimracing.com/rfactor-2-interceptor-quad-lost-valley-released-dirt-track-vehicle/

But most of all I'd love to know why you're here? Did you just come to an rF2 forum to try to trash talk rF2, 'cause, that says things about a person.

Rui Santos likes this.
  2. DmitryRUS

DmitryRUS Registered

[​IMG]!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    когда будущее?))) 9 лет назад это не будущее?) им 200 лет надо?)))

Attached Files:

3. 88mphTim

I'd still love to know where it was said and promised.

Other than you saying you wanted it, I can't ever find any reference to rallycross.

Again, why are you here? You denied the tire model was different to rF1, you deny now the changes that rF2 actually has. You seem delusional and broken for 11 years now. Maybe you can move on like you keep saying you have.

Rui Santos likes this.
  4. hitm4k3r

hitm4k3r Registered

I remeber having a long discussion with him about graphical fidelity in rF2 where he claimed that he might get better results for his rF1 mods and stuff ported to AC. Needless to say that language might be a bit of a barrier.

5. 88mphTim

No, this guy firmly believed that the rF2 tire model was the rF1 tire model with visual deformity added and berated the development the entire time no matter what changed, suggesting that nothing was actually different between rF2 and rF1 except to make rF1 less stable under the rF2 name and package mods where he wasn't able to learn to put them.

It's people like this, that only exist on a forum to stir sh*t and tell lies, that make me wish karma was real.

pkelly and Rui Santos like this.
  6. hitm4k3r

hitm4k3r Registered

Hehe, that's something that I must have missed at the time when it happened. Because I only remember my discussion with him when S397 was in charge, so I also must have missed him being banned. But reading his posts there might be водка playing a part. Been there, seen that :p

88mphTim likes this.
  7. DmitryRUS

DmitryRUS Registered

I can't find old screenshots of VIP development cross-track.
    I just saw that development is coming with marketing, with the release of LMP.
    I was stunned and in general nothing has changed in 11 years, except for old errors and inflated system requirements.
    And I also made 3 cars at the same place, in LFS C2, easily, and without any hemorrhoids with adding files to the game.
    I did for rfactor1, rfactor2 is not playable or popular. Only according to the old idea, he thrashes at the expense of those who believe that he is the best. Cool simulator rfactor2 but in the end it fell apart in
    2015 when it was sold. The rest is blinds, which are official mods. Old mistakes stay forever. And no one will fix them. And no one will do most of the promised ASI. Those who understand my thought will understand.

8. 88mphTim

Yep, nobody will do anything. So... Go mod LFS. Goodbye.

9. hitm4k3r

hitm4k3r Registered

Maybe get a better PC that is able to run rF2 before you jump the gun? And this isn't me being disrespectful about LFS, because I think it's a great sim, but when we talk about long development time, shouldn't we talk about the Scirocco? :p

10. Rui Santos

Rui Santos Registered

Reading those posts made me wonder what build of rf2 he's talking about..

11. elgagon

elgagon Registered

⬇️​

trichens, RaceNut and 88mphTim like this.
  12. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Crikey thought I was back in 2013 for a minute reading all that guff :eek::D

davehenrie, memoNo1 and EricW like this.
  13. sg333

sg333 Registered

the biggest tragedy from ISI was not getting the offroad stuff :( 46206_119327631451491_117738571610397_130153_733029_n.jpg 10320_140822243424_754293424_2400651_645637_n.jpg

14. hitm4k3r

hitm4k3r Registered

Now I remember those screenshots. But this was all more a proof of concept at the time and not "we are working on loose surface physics"-projekt. It's one reason why we got the Quad and the desert track. And quite frankly that tech is there for everyone to use since years, not perfect but people could do something with it. It's just that nobody hasn't really bothered with it. The thing with content like that is that it is even more niche within a niche. I would be intereststed to know the actual user numbers for Rallyross and the Baja content in iRacing, where they spent considerable efforts to make loose surface racing work.

15. RaceNut

RaceNut Registered

I'm one who has occasionally sub'd short-term (iRacing) for the dirt / RX content alone but, not satisfied with Dirt-series from Codies. Looking forward to the RX in AMS2 but, not holding out much hope for any true Rally Sim / Desert Sim to emerge any time soon.

Still, I'm not holding a grudge against any rF2 developers for not providing a true dirt experience. Grateful that we do have the "Ignore" option at times like this, though. ;)

16. Love Guitars n Cars

Love Guitars n Cars Registered

I resub at iracing every now and then as well. The dirt road rookie isn't very popular at all. Dirt oval rookie a little more popular. Beyond rookie I have no idea.

17. 88mphTim

Yeah, much like rain it's something many say they want but few use. I do remember that the interest in dirt, etc, from modders was so low after the release of the Quad that Easter that it was immediately ruled out as something we'd be able to put further time into. Fewer people were modding rF2 than ISI needed, and even fewer would have done anything with dirt.

I also remember madcowie, by himself, was a big factor in rF2 early mod support (targeting what he had made for rF1, supporting it for rF2's plans). And he just stopped modding. Timing was pretty bad on all levels with rF2's early years. As I said earlier in the thread the direction S397 took to produce licensed content, etc, saved it.

18. sg333

sg333 Registered

The decision to stick to paved road should be applauded, because rF2 focused on the tire model & FFB, and as good as it was then, it got better and is now phenomenal. It really is rF2's USP and it's well known.

memoNo1 and Simulation_Player like this.
  19. MarcG

MarcG Registered

If ever there was a Modder Legend that guy is one, loved his mods.

pkelly and 88mphTim like this.
  20. Simulation_Player

Simulation_Player Registered

I like rallying and rallyx , but i think rf2 decision to stick to only asphalt is best. its hard to simulate car on normal paved road as it is, i rather get more complex physics focused on just normal road surface rather than some half ass road and dirt simcade.
    ACC really shows how much you can push interms of physics when you are focused on only select group of cars. and i would pick quality over quantity everyday of the week.