Released Reiza Pack Out Now!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Mar 28, 2019.

1. Rui Santos

Rui Santos Registered

I know this, that doesn't change my suggestion, i hope new "model parameters" will be present in Reiza cars pack update...

2. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

And in what direction they should go in your opinion ? More bite ? Less bite ? More linear bite, less linear bite ? More top end grip and less sliding grip, more sliding grip and less top end grip ? Different heating profile ? Different wear profile ? More or less sliding friction at high speeds ? Rebalance lateral and longitudinal friction components ? What else there could be ?

Keep in mind that what S397 was our feedback and most importantly some good data, and they applied it mostly to modern high end race tires. Although what they did with Mini and Caterham was also very nice, so most likely the logic has carry over to all sorts of tires (and I do think that it does).

What advice do you think S397 should give to Reiza ? I personally have no problems with how cars from Reiza pack drive, I think they are awesome.

3. Rui Santos

Rui Santos Registered

Keep the car behaviour with new tire data...

4. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

Then what is the point of changing anything if you don't want anything changed. You can't change tire without changing car behavior, unless you specifically do some counter changes to keep it the same.

5. Bernat

Bernat Registered

Just put the sticker "NEW" before the words "tire model" without changing anything. Embrace marketing.

6. RaceNut

RaceNut Registered

I believe Reiza's goal is to restore its content to a fully functioning state (within rF2). As I read it, that suggests some graphical improvements and sounds that work as originally intended. I won't throw a fit if they do manage to tweak a few things beyond my expectations, though. ;)

Regarding handling of the Formula Vee in AMS2; Reiza just announced further physics improvements for v1.5 so, we still have hope. :)

pascom and vava74 like this.
  7. vava74

vava74 Registered

Hi Renato, how much longer do we need to wait?? It's been a while since you posted those photos, so surely the tracks should be ready by now...

And... what about launching a Reiza Pack 2 with the Brazillian tracks you have in AMS2? Both sims are not mutually exclusive and that could also generate an added income stream.

Brazil has absolutely wonderful tracks that would be great to have in rFactor 2 as well...

8. memoNo1

memoNo1 Registered

Pls do not forget the Südschleife buddy..

9. hitm4k3r

hitm4k3r Registered

I think with the workload that they have at Reiza we should be glad if we get all the Reiza pack stuff up to current standards. Adding all the shaders, materials and transfering all the cars to the new sound engine is a rather big upgrade. Everything else would be beyond my expectations and a bonus. I wouldn't say no to more historic tracks or cars though.

pkelly, memoNo1, Rui Santos and 2 others like this.
  10. AlexHeuskat

AlexHeuskat Registered

the roadmesh in the Reiza tracks is very numb, I have retried Imola for the fun, I have no good feeling, like an iced road, then I have tried the official s397 tracks like Brands Hatch, and OMG, the roadmesh is almost perfect.

11. Lazza

Lazza Registered

lol

Thanks, needed the laugh.

12. Ayrton de Lima

Ayrton de Lima Registered

and the updates come out when???

8Ball likes this.
  13. AlexHeuskat

AlexHeuskat Registered

it could be embarrassing for them to state that the rF2 Reiza bundle is more popular than AMS2, so they wait.

14. Lazza

Lazza Registered

It's been less than 3 months since the tracks were "mostly done", updating the cars could take a while depending on the level of overhaul and this isn't their only project - nor is it likely to produce a lot of income.

So it'll come out when it's done.

15. Rui Santos

Rui Santos Registered

Probably in next quarter update...

16. Martin Vindis

Martin Vindis Registered

Soonâ„¢

GeraArg, Corti and Mauro like this.
  17. 8Ball

8Ball Registered

Exactly, I asked them to do a new thread, anything so people don't assume it's already released.

They see no issue because they up themselves and think everyone should have ESP.

18. AlexHeuskat

AlexHeuskat Registered

the reality is there are more people interested about the tracks in rF2 than the AMS2 1.5, so they are mad....

19. memoNo1

memoNo1 Registered

Reiza should offer a big DLC package as a cross-comparison and see what happens.
    I think they know best that the Madness Engine was a big mistake.
    Every month an update comes with the lurid title: "The Gamechanger that changes everything".
    It's just ridiculous.

Bernat and Rui Santos like this.
  20. Rui Santos

Rui Santos Registered

Personally i think it was a shame Reiza couldn't pick the rF2 code to develop a brand new simulation, despite i understand why S397 didn't sell it to them...

I think in future a colaboration between those two studios might bring to us "The ultimate simulation"...

memoNo1 likes this.