So....who has PCars?

Discussion in 'Other Games' started by msportdan, May 7, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

For me I had good framerates and VSync off but still had lag. I had to cap my framerate with Dxtory to solve my lag. AC was the same way in the first build but at least it had an internal frame cap that could be set in the config files which was later added to the UI in the very second public build. I haven't tested pCARS in several months, it's possible they finally added a frame cap to combat the lag. When reading on around the net about lag in that sim people say, "I don't have any lag". Later you find out they are actually using MSI afterburner or something like that to cap their framerate. Oh yeah, forgot to mention that. Duh. So out of the box it had lag. Again, I haven't tested it in a while, they may have solved this in the very final stages. All I am getting at is it's something to be conscious of because if you do have lag it totally kills the experience.

Edit: I did a quick search and see they did add a command line option to cap the framerate.
    Code:
    -fpscap <fps>

2. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

No

I would rather drive pCars offline then AC.

They may come off the track but so do real race cars in the first few corners and it always varies.

I hardly ever see the Ai roll over ? besides that happens in real racing too you know.

AC races with the same Ai are so similar and canned it is boring let alone a horrible experience.

I never said pCARS ai was fantastic but it's certainly better then AC.

3. Andregee

Andregee Registered

Cars feels like GTR2 with optimized FFB for me. The understeer and sliding over all 4 wheels while lifting is nearly the same behaviour like in GTR2. I bet the core engine is still Gmotor2.0. The shared memory function is still available. The FFB is poor compared to rFactor2. The centerforce has the same value undepending of corner speed or steering angle, thats boring. I love it to accelerate in a corner in rFactor2 while the center force is getting much stronger. The GT3 Cars are to easy to handle in Cars. Without TC or Anti Lock Brakes there is no possibility for real wheelspin oder brake locking.
    Its a nice funracer with the claim to be a simulation for me with a nice look but not that new simulation.

4. coops

coops Banned

Some1 trying to get their POSTS COUNT up again by posting this topic. MY ANSWER: who bloody cares, talk about it on their forums. Always crap on here to start arguments and thats all this topic will do. WISH I COULD BLOCK TOPICS AS WELL AS MEMBERS.................................................

DELETE THIS TOPIC

5. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Is there a post count?

Maybe just don't click the thread title. It's obviously about PCars.

6. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

Very interesting post, thanks Noel. I'll keep that in mind when taking pCARS for the first spin tomorrow.

7. coops

coops Banned

in their head yes.
    i won't in future but dont complain when the beotching starts and thread gets closed like others have.

8. woochoo

woochoo Registered

I like the sound in helmet cam mode. It's like a low-pass filter muffling simulation of the earplugs/helmet. I assume it's fairly similar to reality. It gave me a sort of isolated and relaxed focus. I expect it's better for my long-term hearing too. I'd love that option in rF2.

I wish I could chose how much tint there was in cockpit windows/helmet visors though. It was SO dark. Probably fairly realistic, but SO dark.

I bought it to flog around Le Mans in the Audi LMP1. I did that. I enjoyed it. I crashed many times. I was hit by the AI many times. I restarted many times. I loaded up x30 time of day, and clouds and rain, and the expression of the conditions was pretty and pretty awesome. I tuned off motion blur, but the other sunlight glares and such were nice, and entrancing/enchanting.
    I expect I'll do it all again over the next few days too, and probably in June as well :)

Last edited by a moderator: May 8, 2015
  9. Andregee

Andregee Registered

Till you get tired of graphics and hungry for physics [emoji12]

10. Korva7

Korva7 Registered

Okay. I bought it and played it. FFB feel numb compared to other sims (rF2, AC, SCE). Physics seemed to be okay. Atleast cars was fun to drive and easy to control under slides and they behaved somewhat believably.

11. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Like I said keep your perspective in that first post and don't overdrive it.
    What AC and pCars lack in feedback you must make up for with consistent laps.

That is why I say do the default career at 80% level for first few sessions, it is like rF2 sprint, 10 min sessions and 2/3 lap races, you get a nice variety of cockpits, tracks, night and weather.
    Like you said, you want to be entertained, soak up the environment.

Some of these people that say any car is easy I would like to see their leader-board times with pro settings.

I believe what I said before, it is the GT/Forza for PC, I can see hundreds flocking to official races, 20 Test combos
    has hundreds of drivers in each, competition to get into the top fields will be just as fierce as GT is.

If they can pull off the planned long distance races w/driver swaps will go a long way to appeasing many.

rF2 with pCars physics or pCars with rF2 physics ? ..........gee that would be a hard choice for me. :rolleyes: lol
    All I think is what ISI with 80,000 paid up members and some well heeled investors could "possibly" do.

Tell me again how ..........
    ISI is too small
    They could never afford it
    They would not have the talent to do variable rain and puddles
    The physics/tyres would not be as good in DX12

Let's start bagging rF3 before it exists. lol

12. Minibull

Minibull Member

Well according to OP, rf2 had the best tyre model a few days ago with the Cobra...and before that it was GSC I think...but now it's Pcars.

OP's threads always give me a weird feeling.

13. Korva7

Korva7 Registered

ööö. Where is that? Or do you write that in game?

14. Narrowbackwing

Narrowbackwing Registered

PCars Right click select prop then launch options .

15. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

+1 both counts.

Try LMP1 in mixed class at Lemans with night start in thunderstorm. :eek:

I enjoy them all for what they got, more concern to me is what pCars2 and rF3 will be. p

I like the variable rain strength and audio it makes on rooftops.
    Lightning can be brilliant, as yet have not managed to screen-shoot it live, reflexes are too old........ :( lool

Replays in pCars are missing effects, lightning, car headlights flashing, objects on road, etc. etc.
    Not much fun to play with stock controls either.

Spam......

pCars2 I could see the possibility of multi-sims like Race rather then DLC.

LMP , Touring, Open Wheel with both modern and historic versions , each sim unique down to the ui, aids and garage settings.

More you buy cheaper they get. :p

16. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

I've spent some more time with PCars thanks to this thread. In PCars, I've had to switch cars about 5 or 6 times in the past two days while in real-life and rFactor 2, I can drive the same car for an entire month, literally. That pretty much says it all; PCars' relatively simplified vehicle dynamics' depth and complexity is just a game.

One is just a videogame (which calls itself a sim since everything seems to be called a sim nowadays because all games nowadays have half-decent physics and FFB so it's easy to slap the term "sim" on the product), and one is an actual simulation of professional/industrial magnitude (rFactor 2). Absolutely light-years apart.

If you're a gamer, get PCars, but if you're a racer, get RF2 or, heck, I'd drive GSC (awesome) before PCars.

17. Jamie Shorting

Jamie Shorting Registered

If you need another reason to hide the fact that you're a sim racer from friends and family, read the reviews on Steam. Obviously it's the negative ones that are outrageously pathetic. What's really strange is reviewers will call it "average" or "great" but still give it a thumbs down. lol.

18. lasercutter

lasercutter Registered

Took this for a quick spin, Snetterton looks very nice (as do all the tracks) but those sausage kerbs look way too big

I could see myself using Project cars and I'm quite happy to let it sit on my hard drive alongside rF2, GSCE and Assetto Corsa.... not that I get the time to fire up any of them much these days

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

click the thumbnail for larger image...click the larger image for full size picture

19. bwana

bwana Registered

Question for Pcars owners , does it include Mount Panorama and is it any good, have seen videos of it but wondering if its in game and as good as production vids.

20. MarcG

MarcG Registered

It was in the game as I raced there when I was a Junior Member ages ago (can't remember how good it is)but not sure about now, would think it is.

I want to have a look at pCars but can't justify buying it purely to look at the pretty graphics, driving with a joypad just isn't gonna cut it for me right now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.