1966 AC 427 v1.03 Now Available!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by 88mphTim, May 3, 2015.

1. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

I wondered if that was the case. Having it tied to the engine red line would be better. If you want to be a hardcore realist, you shouldn't be using a HUD in the first place, but if one is on there, the conventional calibration would be better.

Last edited by a moderator: May 3, 2015
  2. Nitrometh

Nitrometh Registered

Best car I've ever driven. Thank you so much isi. One small thing: during some nice burnouts I Noticed the car gets transparent. Seen this before on other tracks with other cars like the vette or the camaro etc.

3. argo0

argo0 Registered

This is utterly fantastic. Much easier to drive than I expected, although I'm at Tiger Moth so I've got lots of elbow room. Just about keeping up with the AI on 110%. I'm using Street tires. I wonder how much of the control I've got is coming from the contact patch model. Can't wait for realistic transmission. Great job ISI.

4. Isosceles Kramer

Isosceles Kramer Registered

Car drivers great but damper forces seem to be quite high. Around 15000 N/m/s is very stiff for a car this old. I don't think they had dampers that stiff back in the 60-ies, but I could be wrong.

5. stonec

stonec Registered

If and when the real car doesn't have a rev limiter, there shouldn't be one in the game obviously.

6. P.S.R.

P.S.R. Registered

OK so can we talk about performance now? Number of AI I can run at Indy 2013 RC = 8 ; Skippy = 30+ (didn't try more than 30).

7. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

Has nothing to do with rev limiter. Does a shift light on an on-screen HUD or steering wheel or app trigger at red line or at "engine blows-up speed" as Tim put it? It should be red line, like it is for every other car in rF2.

8. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

Yes, it is much harder on resources than a Skippy or Clio. Not as bad as the NSX, thank goodness.

9. yusupov

yusupov Registered

strangely fanaleds doesnt trigger but when i turned on the HUD it did go red at 7K (i have it set to some F1 hud). not sure how that works..

10. P.S.R.

P.S.R. Registered

Thanks for confirming. I was panicking for a bit thinking gremlins got back into my PC until I tried the skip...

11. Panigale

Panigale Banned

FWIW - MotorTrend Magazine June 2015 - "The real reason the Z06 was slower was because Chevrolet gave us a car with the rear suspension out of alignment. It was supposed to be running 0 degrees of rear caster. Instead. it was running positive 2 degress."

Not to be confused with camber but if the car goes quicker around the track and you aren't burning through tires I'd say it's a fair change. I've never heard of a rule where any rear camber was required. Although you tend to see negative rear camber on drift cars.

@ISI, I wasn't initially excited about the Cobra but the modeling and execution is amazing. Every scratch built track and car are better than the last. Beautiful car, thank you!

12. msportdan

msportdan Banned

This car along with the CMP and the FFB to go with that, has just put RF2 out of reach in terms of realism from any other sim out there.
    wow

now people can see the true potential from rf2..

just need some nice tracks now and would love a new GT car?

just one question what happens when you select the different classes (tuning)for the AC?

Also would love them to put a modern crash helmet option to:)

Last edited by a moderator: May 3, 2015
  13. Flatspotter

Flatspotter Registered

Finally, a car to match my wheel!

[​IMG]

14. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

Wow--you must be in 7th heaven!

15. Emery

Emery Registered

Thanks for the AC!

I definitely prefer the competition tires, still having trouble finding the rhythm for braking. Very similar to driving the '65 Howston, so they'll be definite track-mates for USRRC-style races.

16. Jamie Shorting

Jamie Shorting Registered

Spent a good 3-4 hours with this car now at Tigermoth R2. Pretty much what I expected, thanks again ISI, awesome job!!

17. bwana

bwana Registered

Great fun to drive.. Anybody else have issues with default brake bias? Jam them on and rears lock up while fronts donnt raise a sweat

18. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

Even the gear ball is spot on *drooling*

19. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

In the comp spec I usually move to bias to 57 or 58 on the front. I find it makes braking a lot easier. Take the pressure down a notch too for extra comfort.

20. P.S.R.

P.S.R. Registered

The bias is one of the few things I didn't change because I like to have to be smooth and also like the instability as an indicator that I am close to locking.