Some interesting views about rFactor in this article.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Associat0r, Apr 4, 2015.

1. Associat0r

Associat0r Registered

2. deBorgo83

deBorgo83 Registered

That was as far as I got. :rolleyes:

3. Emery

Emery Registered

The writer is a clueless shill. AC is not the first to laserscan Nordschliefe. AC mods do not take AC to a higher level. The factual items he gets right are ignored in his own conclusion.

4. Lazza

Lazza Registered

I'm not sure there's anything to be gained discussing the comments about rF in what is basically an AC advertisement. In a way it's a shame people will read 'reviews' like that and take it as gospel, but people who can't think for themselves probably won't appreciate proper sim features (of any game) properly anyway.

5. Rich Goodwin

Rich Goodwin Registered

Jesus Christ that's horrendous

6. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

See what I mean !@!

Yet posters here whinge and whine lil little kids when I bring the point up though ? ....Huh ? wtf ?

ffs ...show me ANY ....ANY rFactor2 review is honest and fair.

They all BS !@!

Yet everytime I bring the same thing up I get accused minutes later of "slagging" off another sim !@@!

LMAO

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 4, 2015
  7. P.S.R.

P.S.R. Registered

Just more crap different day...

8. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

I love how the writer emphasizes how "beautiful" AC is, over and over. :rolleyes: ;)

9. Rich Goodwin

Rich Goodwin Registered

This......"article" is being slagged off for the same reason some of your posts are.

10. Nazirull Safry Paijo

Nazirull Safry Paijo Registered

rF2 is the most beautiful to me....

u guys would understand why :)

11. eltidi

eltidi Registered

I love Assetto corsa, but to say that rfactor 1 has better physics than 2, are you kidding me. For me assetto corsa is a great street cars hot lap sim, in fact I have a community that do that every week, for racing rfactor 2 is the superior product. I tried running rfactor 1 again and that sim is just outdated for me now, even game stock car extreme starts to feel outdated.

12. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

A purist is one who desires that an item remain true to its essence.

I thought AC would be a better purist sim, always said it.

Just look at the amount of styles and colour packs for stock skins then the huge array of race series skins, some already have 10 versions and counting forever improving, some well over a 100mb, lovely stuff.

AC is a great authentic sim to drive cars within limits with good feel, attention to detail and ambiance, but for me that is where the buck stops. ;)

13. yusupov

yusupov Registered

very misinformed...guy clearly hasn't played, or at least hasn't played much, anything of other sims. wouldve been a much more honest article if he'd just left comparisons out. the rfactor vs rf2 comment...yikes.

14. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Yeah but the difference is I don't slag off AC in a troll sense gees I own it and pCARS.

There are enough people here to do that to our own sim ! lol

I have said on "many occasions" it is "a fine sim" but I won't hold back on it's weak points of which there are many and reviewers simply overlook or seem oblivious to.

As I have said before if AC did not look good what else would it have ?

You tell me ? :)

15. Rich Goodwin

Rich Goodwin Registered

Depends what you're looking for. To me it seems to serve a purpose as an entry level sim.

It's missing too much and not fully featured as we all know. But the new people that are discovering sim racing thanks to Assetto Corsa is nothing to be scoffed at.

They just know no better, yet :)

16. msportdan

msportdan Banned

it also depends what you want out of a sim. Ive never played rf1 ive only played GSC so that's what I base my rf1 conclusions on. To me Gsc feels better than rf2 in a overall way, the ffb especially.. Rf2 has some cars that are simply the best you could digitally drive, but its a mixed bag. Some cars feel awful, I believe that ISI are still learning this new engine (obviously) so give rf2 time. Whereas Reiza (neils) know how to extract the most from the rf1 engine, ISI are still in a learning curve with rf2. Everything else, like Realroad, I think is a must now in race sims.

17. WiZPER

WiZPER Registered

"Not even rFactor 2 has physics good enough to wretch the title away from its predecessor." - aaahahaha!!

18. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

I just got told rather then AC I should compare rF2 to rF/GTR/ GTL to tell " how far it has come graphically" lool

I do not think Silverstone in AC or pCARS for that matter are any better looking then rF2 ?

Fact is I see more small detail in rF2 tracks as I pointed out before walk around the back of Monza billboards in both and check out the modelling........rF2 looks like its nailed together AC looks like a casting.

Roam around Spa hills and check the detail in some of the terrain ( little bumps and ridges here and there ) and items , it's endless , still see new things every week.

It makes the rF2 Historics tracks breathe life where as for me AC is a static pretty picture on a wall.

Too many people for mine seem to make the distinction that AC is a huge leap in graphics over rF2 yet only a tad behind in the rest.

imho AC has more things it lags way behind rF2 compared to graphics.

19. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

Exactly. If it didn't look good it would have been totally forgotten a month after early access release.
    It is the one thing it's "best" at (well not in my view, I don't enjoy those cinematic, photographic visuals, but most people seem to love it).
    When pCARS is released, AC will not be best at looking good either, not by a long shot. How's that for 10/10?

Its problems are so fundamental and immersion breaking that it simply cannot be overlooked - yet most reviewers do.
    It's just so shady, everything surrounding that title. The italian media giving it 10/10 when AI is broken and useless, it's missing fundamental features that even decades old sims had.
    Shady stuff, corrupt at best. Completely misguiding.

I own it too, I have tried to teach myself to love it (I paid like everyone else, I want to be able to like it!) but it's not possible.

Most reviews of rF2 were released right around 2011-2012. From the sound of the reviews, it doesn't seem like the reviewers have done anything else than simply look at it.
    Most reviewers don't even know it's a sim and not a game - desperately looking for game features, slick transitional videos, championship modes, trophies, story lines etc.

I'll quote what I wrote on VR in response to the misguided complaints about rF2 graphics:

Sorry for the long post, but this stuff is getting me quite riled up these days... ;)

20. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Does that mean that every car in AC feels good ?

Empty Box calls the P1 from DLC "laughable" , I concur , apples and oranges.

Having said that I have never driven a rF2 car I think is "laughable" , seriously.

Physics gurus / learning curve or not the difference between cars like NSX, C6 and Clio in rF and Rf2 is a light year for mine.