Real F1 2015 Season - Off Topic Discussion

Discussion in 'Real Racing Discussion' started by MikeeCZ, Jan 21, 2015.

1. bwana

bwana Registered

Don't be surprised to see a wet Qual this afternoon at Albert Park. Clouds build and looking threatening over head hear . 60 mile Southwest of the track... Could be some surprises.

2. MikeeCZ

MikeeCZ Registered

VDG doesnt really want to win this because by the looks of it that would bring Sauber down, and no driver in the world wasnt to have a reputation of "Sign a contract with me and if you screw me over i will f*** you up"... Drivers say things they dont think, smile on cameras, attempt on events they dont want to be at, sell their face for advertisment, all thigns they dont want to do. Simply they do as they are told by their employer. And VDG seems to want bring his employer down, meaning noone will want to employ him. But i do understand that he doesnt want to just give his seat up, but, he will have to if he wants to have a future... thats what i think

Big Congrats to Lotus on todays Qualy, thats the biggets suprise for me :) Big well done to Felipe Massa too, but Mercedez is shocking fast, faster than others by much bigger margin than last year, its like they have a car from a differend class. Wow very impressing

3. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

I just love that Lotus are back in the game again!
    I really hope for the best for Grosjean in the race.

Shocking to see McLaren so far off the pace...

4. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

An interesting but somewhat bizarre start to the season.

Lewis made an awesome performance once again. Rosberg will have his work cut out for him again this year.
    Some really good battles lower down in the field. Button versus Perez was entertaining, Perez losing his cool and ramming Jenson. ;)

I'm absolutely stoked for Felipe Nasr, such a well deserved result for him in his first GP.
    He was my favorite driver in GP2 there last few years, so seeing him succeed like this is a joy.

I do hope things will revert back to "normal" though, in Malaysia.
    We need to see a full field of competitive cars again.
    Painful to watch McLaren fail so badly, and Manor not even being able to turn a single lap...

5. MikeeCZ

MikeeCZ Registered

McLaren is to be expected, but they will come back and strong, ull see but it will take alteast half a season i reckon, maybe more

6. [NAR]Steve

[NAR]Steve Registered

7. MikeeCZ

MikeeCZ Registered

VDG came down to mutual settlement of ending his contract, getting payout totaling up at 10.8m pounds. I dunno what would they give him as a wage but it defo wouldnt be this much, i reckon like a 1m or so. And he says he got a lot of symphaty aproaches from various drivers and other team managers when he was in the paddock. So he might still have a chance in F1 after all

8. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

Well that's a real bummer. One of my favorite European venues.
    Down to 19 races again, then. :(

I hope he does. He's a real stand up guy, and I think he deserves to be in F1.
    He was stunning to watch in GP2 imo. He doesn't deserve to have his career so early.

9. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

They should call it a " mercedes swat-fest " not a motor race.

loool p

Sheesh, even Schumi had more competition then that.

hehehe

10. Jim Beam

Jim Beam Registered

I think its great to see Mercedes smash the opposition... for a team with so much history in motor racing and to only win there 1st F1 constructors title last year they deserve to shine for a few seasons

11. MikeeCZ

MikeeCZ Registered

Agreed, plus it will benefit the road mercs over competition, so about time that mercs kick butts to those pityfull audis and bmws :pP

12. Nimugp

Nimugp Registered

That's not true!!! Schumacher had a teammate that wasn't allowed to race him, but one that had to help him when possible (austria anyone??? Barrichello slowing down from a BIG lead, only to give schumi the win on the last straight). He has been champion once in magny-cours, which was what, 2/3 of the championship??? (I think 7 races before the season end or something). Mercedes don't have to much competition from other teams, but at least there is a battle in the team itself ;)

13. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

Can anyone explain why they have such an advantage?
    Sure, they prolly build a cracking car but I assume within the rules. so why are the smart peeps in other teams (or even those with just big budgets) trailing behind so much?

Is it a case of super-smart engineering and having all the million components worked out perfectly? (and others not trying hard enough lol)
    Or is there something going on along the lines of the double diffuser we had a while ago? some tricky stuff they 'discovered' and others didn't?

14. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

I can't wait to see Rosberg and Hamilton duke it out for the next 18 races.
    Absolutely epic intra team battle, will go down in history for sure. :)

15. yusupov

yusupov Registered

afaik theres nothing tricky suspected. just massively complex systems where a lot can go wrong & they were the team that nailed it (aside from some reliability issues everyone had) first time. look how abysmal honda is on their first swing even after having been able to learn from last season...so this year they were able to linearly progress while everyone else (maybe williams aside) probably overhauled everything to try to get to where they were last year...ferrari seems to have really made a lot of progress & maybe theyll compete as soon as next year now. hope so anyway.

16. yusupov

yusupov Registered

i hope so but hamilton just seems faster...seemed so last year then really dominated when it mattered in australia. feel like he'll have to have techinical issues compounded by some bad luck on his risk-taking to make it close (ie last year, before he got things sorted then he blew the doors off nico)

17. MikeeCZ

MikeeCZ Registered

Well, last year they came up with the separated turbine and compressor in between which they placed MGU-K, that brought soo many advantages with cooling and therefore aerodynamical advantage, also weight distribution and lot more room to play with with gearbox where they could exclude a lot of mountings from the gearbox itself so those could be replaced without violating the rule about gearbox changes, other teams kept mounting directly into gearbox structure, if you need to replace those its counted as gearbox component. So there are advantages over advantages all escalated from one briliant idea of separating the turbo.
    So, i think they came up with another idea like this again, and we might get to know what it is within half a season or so, because last year it also took like 5 races for people to notice the turbo thing. (which only happened thanks to fanatics always trying to peek into garages when the hood is off, the garages are usually closed when hoods are off and u need to catch liek a 5 second window when somebody needs to walk out or so, so there are people pointing their cameras on closed garages waiting for theirs 5 seconds

18. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

It think it'll be ebb and flow just like last year, only way more intense.
    Hamilton is faster, just by a fraction I think, but he's not faster on every circuit.
    So when Nico gets the upper hand, maybe Lewis has some technical issues, a suddenly he's on the back foot, chasing.
    He sure has his ups and downs. But Nico won't have it easy this year, that's for sure. I am sure though that he's hungry!

19. MikeeCZ

MikeeCZ Registered

Well majority of Lewises problems last year was reliability and Nicos "mistakes", and Mercs say they mainly worked on reliability for this year, altho they are gaining more than two seconds a lap compared to their last year, a margin that only Sauber and Lotus has higher and Williams only neck a neck

20. Je suis Luis

Je suis Luis Banned

Yes