Real F1 2015 Season - Off Topic Discussion

Discussion in 'Real Racing Discussion' started by MikeeCZ, Jan 21, 2015.

1. Comante

Comante Registered

It looks like they decided to be better sad than sorry, probably we will see much more pilots hospitalized for minor accidents than before Suzuka, this will prompt more SC time during the season. Just another way to avoid to lose a driver.

2. Je suis Luis

Je suis Luis Banned

3. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

And temporary memory loss, suddenly thinking he was back in his karting days..?
    Weird crash indeed...

4. Nimugp

Nimugp Registered

More drama: the 'van der Garde - Sauber' lawsuit is getting both crazy, and interresting at the same time. Clearly Sauber has made a mistake by signing more drivers then they have seats. van der Garde clearly was right, as per the outcome of the lawsuit both in Switzerland and Australia, and Sutil also has a contract (although we haven't heard from him anymore recently).

I'm really curious what is going to happen know. If they let van der Garde in, then either Nasr or Ericson will probably go to court as well because of contract breach..... I really don't see how Sauber is going to solve it.

The Sauber statements recently however, I find VERY amusing. They claim that if they let van der Garde race, then it is potentially dangerous (risk of injury or death)??? Really??? Well, I thought racing was allways dangerous to begin with, so no matter who they would put in the car is potentially dangerous..... Also, their claim is especially funny: They don't want to put a driver in the car that hasn't tested the car before..... That is exactly what they did in Abu Dhabi last year when they put Adderly Fong in a seat in FP1 (he had only done SOME mileage in the old car), and with van der Garde himself when he was put in the seat of FP1 in Bahrain before doing mileage in that car.

I had allways respected Sauber in the past, but now they really made a mess of it.....

5. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

Oh dear, that Sauber/van der garde story is totally cracking me up! ;)

I seriously hope that they'll have to let him drive in Melbourne. Talk about awkwardness FTW. ;)

6. MikeeCZ

MikeeCZ Registered

Well they arent in an easy situation since they are financed by drivers sponsors :-D

7. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

Lol the plot thickens... Sauber's appeal has been dismissed!
    It's contract breaching time - or maybe time to consider something along the lines of:
    [​IMG]
    :p

8. bwana

bwana Registered

PMSL;) Its the right colour for VDG as well

9. Nimugp

Nimugp Registered

Well, and a new lawsuit has started!!! van der Garde's side has started one against Sauber AND Kaltenborn. If van der Garde doesn't get his seat (and Sauber first have to make his seat, and apperently request his Superlicence with the FIA), then the Equipment of Sauber will be taken (don't know proper word :p ), if the judge agrees in the hearing just before FP1. The van der Garde side does this as a precaution. So basicly, either Sauber let van der Garde race, or they very likely won't be racing at all.

10. bwana

bwana Registered

I don't think this whole situation does VDG 's career much good. if he gets his way his team ,you would imagine, are not going to be that much behind him, especially not bringing in the $$ and most likely wasting a lot of time and effort to get up to speed in a car he hasn't driven yet. if he doesn't get the drive I don't think any other team would touch him with a barge pole. all very Ugly.. better off getting a massive payout and driving another class.Or if he gets the big payout taking hs money next season to a team looking for a self funded driver

11. Nimugp

Nimugp Registered

If he would just let Sauber do their thing, then his F1 career is pretyy likely over as well, not really much to lose
    I don't know if the team itself also has an isue with VDG but maybe time will tell. However, it wouldn't do Sauber themselves any good to ruin VDG's chances either, because that would likely cost them points (unless they have build such a bad car as last year that can't score points), which will lose them money as well
    Like I said, I don't really think other F1 teams are wanting him anyway. And if this will hurt his reputation? Well, posibly, but then again, VDG doesn't do anything wrong, he is just complying to the contract, so as long as other teams (either in F1 or elsewhere) don't break contract, then nothing will happen. Besides, with VDG going to court, and winning there, I think other teams are going to think twice about breaking any contract with anyone anyway, because if another drivers contract gets breached, I think he is far more likely to go to court as well, following the 'success' of VDG there ;)

12. MikeeCZ

MikeeCZ Registered

Manor will race in Melbourne and Australian court has decided that van der Garde must drive for Sauber in that race, yet Saubers driver lineup still remains without him.

I wonder what would that race look like.
    "Guys cars got no power, tyres are off i need to come in"
    "Nah dont bother, the power thing.. yee... we kinda switched the ERS off so we save it and .. u know.. the tyres didnt arrive today"

13. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

It's an extremely bizarre situation I must say.
    But I feel for him, and I think he should just fight to the bitter end. Nothing much to lose at this point.
    Absurd of Sauber to say that his being in the car is a major safety concern... lol what a compliment. ;)

Generally, it's just a pretty bizarre build up to the season opener, also with the McLaren situation, and Manor showing up out of nowhere.
    But man am I glad at least one of the small teams managed to survive. It's heart breaking that we've lost Caterham. Gonna miss those beautiful green machines.

14. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

Posted by Will Buxton, from Melbourne, 2 mins. ago on Twitter:

15. Nimugp

Nimugp Registered

There has been such a situation before I remembered today (although the situation was reversed). A so called Jenson Button had a multi-year contract with BAR, and signed with Williams before the contract ended. In the end Button was forced to stay at BAR. While you might think he might have been unmotivated, I believe it turned out to be (one of) his best year(s) to that point. And to make the story complete, Button, when forced to run with BAR then signed a contract with Williams for the year after that, only to come to the conclusion that he would rather stay at BAR then going to Williams :p I believe though, that Williams were so kind to allow Button to stay at BAR ;)

My point being, that being forced to stay together, doesn't turn out bad every time :) We will (possible) see about this time though

16. bwana

bwana Registered

VDG has no super license. Erickson in the car as l type. Lights for p1 are green. Go go go

17. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

And so the show begins. :cool:

18. Nimugp

Nimugp Registered

(British) Sky Sports: Kaltenborn went into the garage, talked with mechanics, and now there is no-one working on the cars?!? Probably no running in FP1, Ericson and Nasr sitting in the cars (without wheels etc.)

EDIT :: and via via, via twitter this message (apperently from adam cooper): [​IMG]

19. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

I wonder what they promised him before he signed the contract. For him or any driver its a path which leads to potential career gains, i'm pretty sure he signed up knowing it would [insert]
    Wont be surprised, by the way the team is handling things, that they have been dragging things on with him for too long and now he's fed up with it. he's smart enough to know how it can negatively influence his career so there must be a solid reason to take such a path. doubt its just about that one race in 2015.

Also the Dutch are pretty anal about agreements, if you make one, better stick to it :)

20. bwana

bwana Registered

VDG has withdrawn court action over driving this weekend. He and his management plane to try and reach an amicable solution at a later stage.