F1ASR92 by F1 ASR Modding Team (car by car)

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by Sderenno, Jul 14, 2014.

1. F1lover

F1lover Registered

Grazia Bello!!

2. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

The 91 mod will look superb, maybe the 92 can be upgraded!
    Is it possible to improve the resolution of logos, especially the Ferrari badge by the cockpit?

3. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

I just wish the cartoonish colours and odd lighting issues could be fixed in rF2. Would improve the look of these (as well as every other car) under bright sun especially.

It's the only sim where the same car and track combo can look drop-dead gorgeous at certain times of day and angles, but awful and artificial at others.

4. Sderenno

Sderenno Registered

We want upgrade all 91-94 cars, car by car as 643, but is a hard work, for this we'll probably release a car at a time.

92 was already graphically better than the other 3 seasons.

However, I anticipate that RF900R and Alesanchez are already working on other cars.

5. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

I don't know about others, but if the cars are similar for league purposes, why on Earth would you not want to get them one at a time when they are ready instead of waiting until the end when all are complete? I would prefer one at a time even if they were HE versions.

6. F1lover

F1lover Registered

Amen to that!!!

7. alesanchez

alesanchez Member

Guimengo, is true that the logo Ferrari near at the cockpit is very small. Is possible to update a skin in HD. Actual is 2048x2048.
    I don't known if the 4096x4096 resolution work on rF2, but will be necessary a test. probably will be decrease fps......
    Another solution is remap only the poligon logo Ferrari, we have use a similar solution to increase the resolution for the italian line flag around the F92A Cockpit.
    I want improve this particular, maybe...

8. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

Hey, thanks for the direct post. Let me first state how I appreciate the work going on :).

Well the 64-bit rF2 should handle 4096x4096 at max settings, though indeed with a significant impact. But hey, if it's too much then rF2 offers "low, medium, high, full" settings ;). But wouldn't the main issue be around the mapping? If that area of the car makes up a small portion then it'll always be the bottleneck, certainly doubling the possible resolution would be lovely.

Grazie (si sei italiano, cosa che penso essere corretto :p )

9. Shamrock

Shamrock Registered

I think this may be a mistake. You are going to have physics where it will be nothing short of a drift race, braking at 500m, and tires that last all race. But this is just my opinion. I think it would be better if the team fixes it. If it does end up happening, I'll stick to 1.7 and call it a day.

10. Sderenno

Sderenno Registered

Do not worry, it will never happen to make a mod on the eggs.

I think that all organizers of leagues,if do not like the physics of a mod, eventually they change it.

Why not understand what they want?

We just want to know if the direction taken to achieve our mod is the right one, if it is possible and how to improve it, but we will not distorting it.

As I have already explained, the feeling of driving should remain unchanged.

11. Shamrock

Shamrock Registered

You're the boss, I hope you are right. It is your mod, afterall. Was just giving my opinion.

12. Sderenno

Sderenno Registered

The mod we made us but for this we must have the humility to learn how to improve it

13. Sderenno

Sderenno Registered

14. crz

crz Registered

I think it would be a good goal to get one season finished instead of releasing cars from different seasons. This is something rF2 lacks at the moment apart from very few exceptions and I found it nice to see the current 92 release addressed that issue.

I like how you take your time and involve the community into creating something to enjoy for everybody.

15. alesanchez

alesanchez Member

16. Damian Baldi

Damian Baldi Registered

Some details I think could be fixed up are:

- Mirrors look like with very low resolution.
    - Sound from the Mugen engine of the Footwork cars, sounds with a cyclical noise that you can hear when you are at top speed on 6th.
    - Some cars still get no sound after the engine start for a few seconds.

17. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

[​IMG]

Kidding aside, looks awesome :)

18. Damian Baldi

Damian Baldi Registered

Another thing I noticed, is that some engine sounds doesn't match the RPM of the engine. That's why I think it is hard to get the same time lap with different cars. Each one find his preferred sound.

19. Shamrock

Shamrock Registered

I agree with this, I'd rather have all cars in a single season, first.

I apologize if I have seemed abrasive, I just love the 1.7 physics that much! I also noticed that the cars do brake harder with 1.7. In my opinion, version 1.5 felt like season period braking. For example:

2013 Monza track end of front straight. (found elsewhere)
    version 1.5 I HAD to brake @ 150 meters.
    version 1.7 I can brake @ 90 meters.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 17, 2014
  20. Shamrock

Shamrock Registered

double post