Indy car and IMS Now Available

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by 88mphTim, May 24, 2014.

1. Pablo S

Pablo S Registered

Absolutely fantastic content these past days! jumping from F-Renault 3.5 2014 to DW12 at Indy, can't drive em enough. Thank you!

2. JWE

JWE Registered

Can we have the new helmet template please? Or is it released yet and did I miss something? ;)

3. Woodee

Woodee Registered

No probs

4. HumanZob

HumanZob Registered

Ooooh yes my bad ! Thanks ! :)

5. Emery

Emery Registered

> There also might be the odd build related issue, like reflections on track, etc, none of which are a
    > content issue. Cameras are NOT final.

Apart from my driving, you've already covered the items I would mention, LOL!

FPS is fine on my system with 24 cars. About 50 fps on first lap past pits and over 60 fps the rest of the time. Can definitely hear the difference between the two engines from the cockpit. Volume seems a bit tame, so I'll have to turn it up for Indy :)

My driving: a couple seconds slow and I brushed the wall on lap 3 & 6 (sigh). I'm having trouble judging how close the wall is at the exit of the turns.

6. baked bean

baked bean Registered

Pitlanes has got a server up and we had 2 races already of epicness, get your asses in there for some oval racing :cool:

7. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

The Indy car+IMS(2007) is one of the most exciting experience that I ever had in 12 years of sim carrer!:cool:

8. sg333

sg333 Registered

1969 : Man walks on the moon
    2014 : ISI releases DW-12 and IMS

The two greatest accomplishments of mankind :D

The combo of the 2014 GP RC and the DW-12 is amazing. Way beyond my wildest expectations. Feels, looks, sounds, drives superb.
    A couple of races online on the oval just as awesome. THIS is what most of us dreamed RF2 could be!

Congrats to everyone involved, simply amazing work!! :cool:

9. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

News not related to the topic
    Tim, you can delete this post if you want! I just thought it is a very good news for rf2 community!

Last edited by a moderator: May 24, 2014
  10. Emery

Emery Registered

2014 road course... dang those T1 braking markers are hard to see!

11. F1 2004

F1 2004 Registered

The speed feeling is insane. Great Job! :)

12. Woodee

Woodee Registered

Then why post it?

13. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

anyone who moans about graphics and DX ....this number or that number or whatever should take a look at this release, the visual track surface in motion looks photo realistic to me

overall the graphics and performance is top notch ...throw in the visual dynamics of rfactor 2 and its a package of overall quality that's available in no other sim

things are getting seriously good around here

( still tuning into the car and track layout + need to do a vibration / motion profile for it etc )

14. Black Dice

Black Dice Registered

Firestone tire print is messed up in garage. FYI. These cars and tracks are outstanding! Color me impressed. Now we need a full authentic livery grid. Im sure the talented skinners out there will do a pack. Cant wait. Thanks again ISI. Keep up the good work

15. sg333

sg333 Registered

All we need now is 64 bit to fill up a 6GB GTX 780 with frighteningly high resolution skins :)

16. tking

tking Registered

Thanks ISI! Good job.

17. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Did you load the Oval set in Tuning ?

18. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

Wouldn't that depend on the amount of RAM of the GPU and not the PC's/OS's RAM, and therefore 32 or 64 bit wouldn't make a difference in this specific scenario? Or do I have it all wrong?...

19. YoLolo69

YoLolo69 Registered

Finished downloading, tested for an hour on Indy and also various track, very good!

I'm surprised how "easy" is those car to handle. I'm talking about the Road configuration (car #98), tested on different tracks (Monza, Spa, Silverstone, Essington, Le Mans, Malaysia, etc.). They don't spin like hell at low speed when pushing throttle on Gear 2 and up in curves, and I can also handle brake without blocking too much tires. That's surprising as that's my biggest problem with powerful rear engine car. I checked twice to be sure I didn't have any TC or ABS set. I was thinking that I will need TC and ABS to handle those beast but no, I don't need them. It's way more easy than the new F 3.5. Note I'm not complaining, I'm happy to be able to drive them without helps, and I could spend the night doing laps and race with them :)

Thanks again Guys, great jobs, tracks are beautiful, very detailed, and cars are perfects, and new engines and tires sounds are pretty good :). I didn't detect any FPS problem with my machine. I will have to drive more to be sure you beat my Indy reference with the Papyrus version. For now, I think you probably made something far better, and I first thought it was not possible! :rolleyes:

Men, how I like to be at the limit and to kiss gently the wall on this legendary oval! :) You made it!

An Happy rFactor 2 Racer :cool:

20. panande

panande Registered

Ok how do I put this... This car is far beyond anything I have ever driven in simracing. This car satisfies my in a way, no other car could ever do. This car has the perfect mix of handling and difficulty. This car is simply the best I have ever driven. The fun factor is maxed out and pushed beyond any limits I have know so far.

So in my opinion, this is the best car ISI has ever made. The FR35 was already fun, but not quite what I wanted. But this is... simply amazing.

Thank you ISI, its a great pleasure to drive your cars.