Indy car and IMS Now Available

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by 88mphTim, May 24, 2014.

1. Miro

Miro Registered

Thx ISI!

Thx track team!!! Awesomensesewessomensessssssssss good track job good :D

Sorry I have no idea about Indy cars, only thing I know about them is they look like space ships. Just done a lap and my guess is Indy fans are going to be very very happy. But then I switched to watch the replay and ohhhh my, what sounds man! Creepy stuff lol. Jaw dropped for a moment TBH very honest.

2. gorgias1976

gorgias1976 Registered

Great job and thanks to everyone responsible on the developement at ISI, well deserved.

3. PlickBadger

PlickBadger Registered

Awesome, thank you!

4. RustyM

RustyM Registered

Thanks! I first used isi stuff after attending the 2001 USGP and saw the EA Sports tent, went home d-loaded the pc demo which was the USGP. Bought a yellow Logitech and it was on from there. Used ISI ever since and this release, for me is the most anticipated race sim ever! I live 2 blocks west of the Pagoda Tower, got my sign ready to park some cars, and my tickets. Thanks so much and know ISI that many will have your code in their brains in those grandstands tomorrow. :) Thanks a Million, will have to take a break and do my traditional walk down Georgetown at midnight, always crazy stuff going on then, on the eve of the Greatest Spectacle in Racing!
    i can only imagine a vintage layout using something AJ Foyt might've won in. :)
    Rustola

5. TJones

TJones Registered

First thing i noticed, sensation of speed in this car is just amazing. Very good mechanical grip ("red" tyres).

Great job !

6. Black Dice

Black Dice Registered

Thank you ISI. Couple minor bugs. Replay on oval shows underworld during one section as well as leaving pits. LOL. Speeds on oval are slow. Max at about 200 mph. Should be 229-233. Was in the 11. Also 2013 road course on oval section straight, 98 car slows down in 6th. LOL. Will report more as I get more time. Models are beautiful as well as track textures. Thanks again.

7. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Thank You

8. panande

panande Registered

YEAH!!!

9. panande

panande Registered

Yeah!!! :d

10. Justy

Justy Registered

Awesome! Shame I'm stuck at work at the moment. Cannot wait to get home and try this out. I forsee a very late night. Many, many thanks ISI. You guys rock!

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk

11. Fraggon

Fraggon Registered

This is the first time i noticed the spotter except for lap times. Is it the content or was it uncluded in one of the last updates?

12. RJames

RJames Registered

Double check which setup your running in the car options, I had no trouble hitting 230mph with the Oval setup

13. HumanZob

HumanZob Registered

The ISI Dallara DW12 doesn't appear in the mod manager, so i can't install it :(

But the Indianapolis Speedway works fine and looks very good !

14. Sherwin92

Sherwin92 Registered

I want to start of by saying that everyone at ISI has every right to be massively proud of this brilliant content! I can really only say "thank you", "thank you" and "thank you" again!

I just had my first 3-4 laps at the new road-course, woo! It's every single bit as great as I had expected really of ISI :) After driving the FR 3.5 I had no doubt this would be your best work yet, and im my book it is.

The only buggie i found so far is that, at least for the #11 car, when you have the Oval package on the sponsors on the front wing show, no problem. On the road-course wing tho it's nothing but plain black.

Thanks again!

15. Black Dice

Black Dice Registered

Yup. Had wrong config. My fault.
    Thanks RJ

16. Mydriaz

Mydriaz Registered

Look at vehicules section :)

17. jayblue

jayblue Registered

Well done ISI on releasing this car and track on schedule and to such a high quality :)

The track is the best yet of the content that comes with the game and is quality right from the moment you start exiting your pit box. Great attention to detail everywhere i looked.

The car balance is understeer with the stock setup but with a few wing tweaks i trimmed that out quickly more to my liking on the Indy 500 oval. The road course has a nice flow to it and the car has a good feel - it helps that it also looks and sounds so good! Another step forward on the graphics. On sticker reds there is a lot of mechanical grip, you need to almost force the car to spin even at very low speeds. Have yet to bolt on blacks or try any setup work to see how that effects balance.

Is there a command to map push to pass? (power demand / temporary boost maybe?)

18. Rony1984

Rony1984 Registered

Okay, firstly, what a great car. After my total dissapointment with the new 3.5, this comes as a big relief, and makes me wonder even more why that latter car feels so completely strange to me(way to light ffb, way too little feeling). Just did some quick laps and here a few first notes: I installed the car first and drove my first laps at the 3rd party spa track, without having Indy installed, what maybe explains the issue. I drove the road configuration of the car, but the AI drove the oval config, hence being way faster on the straights, but much slower in the corners:). After that I exited the game, installed the Indy, restarted, and took off at this track. Here/now the AI also drove the road-config, like me. So maybe track dependent? havent tested more to find out.

The car itself feels great: perfect ffb for me(t500) and mentioned here in earlier posts, a very nice sensation of speed. What made me wonder though, is the, IMO, very high amount of grip, foremostly at the rear, the front is OK. I could kick the pedal down all the way in 2nd without wheelspin, and even in 1st it was hard to have the back break out once at speed. But, the track was grippy: multiple laps of AI rubber, and maybe the default setup comes with a very long 1st and 2nd gear, havent looked at that further.

I hope that people can elaborate on this so I can read it tomorrow morning:) I've got to sleep now.. bummer.

A very pleasant experience! Many, many thanks to ISI!! Have a nice rest guys, you deserved it.

Edit: forgot something:) Performance-wise, the track is very good and an absolute beauty. Same can not be said of a full pack of DW12's, althoug just as beautiful, an fps killer here in my system. Please see specs in my profil. Does someone else also experience fps issues with the DW12?

Last edited by a moderator: May 24, 2014
  19. NWDogg

NWDogg Registered

The whole reason I purchased rF2 nearly a year ago was because of this moment right here! I'm super stoked, just an excruciatingly long download (seemingly) away from experiencing possibly the greatest thing in sim-racing history. Thank you ISI, no one works as hard and achieves the results you guys do!

20. freew67

freew67 Registered