What becomes of rFactor2?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Kickbox, Feb 14, 2014.

1. Johannes Rojola

Johannes Rojola Registered

Bob's Track Builder. Unless it gets rF2 support, those modders have hard time coming into rF2.

2. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

+1

3. K Szczech

K Szczech Registered

Not just in this forum :) Not just in forums :)

4. Bkim

Bkim Registered

Yeah....funny how it works. I have the complete Simbin Race 07 series with all add ons. I've got, i don't know, how many? about 30 different cars and 30 different tracks (without all mods). And looking back i drove the mini, the Honda WTCC and the FM.
    I raced the rest just to have a feel and look but not more than 1 race. With the current rF2 there are two cars that i race: Megane and the Brabham. That is way enough for me. At this moment im trying to figure out the Megane. That said...im a noob, so i need to learn much about the cars setting. Same for the Brabham. And tracks...well i just love Mills Metro Outerloop A for the megane and for the brabham Spa 1966. And that is enough for me. It is not the quantity but right now it is about the quality of racing. I want to get everything from the Megane. I must dream it on every track. Same for the Brabham. But yeah, i admit there are times that i think: Oh...want to have more tracks...or cars. But in reality i have enough.

5. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

ISI messed up by letting Feels3 go to Simbin instead of recognizing his talents and paying him for his work with rF2. rF2 needs more staff to make mods- they are understaffed as it is. 2 guys to make tracks? That is why the tracks take 6 months to create. It doesn't take a brain surgeon to realize that more people working will produce results more quickly. This is my #1 complaint with ISI- hire more people.

6. pay2021

pay2021 Registered

What becomes of rFactor2?

The King of simulation!

Being said that, people complain for low pace upgrades (not me, im pretty happy with rf2 as it is), so, wich is the correct pace for upgrades?

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 17, 2014
  7. Galaga

Galaga Banned

I sorta don't understand ISI's position with content. Mods? Yes. Tracks to a point? Yes.

Mods in rF1 sucked, except for a handful of brilliant works.

There were dozens of well-done tracks, though, including some incredible fantasy tracks.

Perhaps it's because tracks are more straightforward because they are more tangible than mods.

Problem is everyone wants davinci level art in tracks. I personally don't care but also don't blame those who do.

So we get back to quality vs. quantity and ISI is in a pickle because every new track has to be the best track to date. So they do two tracks per year or they hire more people. Problem is what is return on the investment of the new people? Will track volume make more people buy rF2? Can't hurt but is that where they need the people the most? Can they even find people?

I personally am no longer interested in permanent or IRL tracks. Gimme the good stuff :p Lienz is clearly on the back burner. Feels3 has abandoned Blackwater TT. What we need are the creative guys to create some cool stuff! Route 666, Mountain Forest (when it works again) and a partial Lienz conversion are all we have for rF2.

I'm seriously planning to attempt some track conversions and also bring a BTB track I designed into rF2. But I assure you that they will be ugly :p

8. MarcG

MarcG Registered

How did ISI "let" Feels go to Simbin exactly? Maybe Feels did'nt want to work for ISI, ever thought of that? Maybe ISI did'nt offer anything to Feels, maybe Simbin had a more attractive offer than ISI, maybe we'll never know because it's personal between Feels3 and Simbin and that's the way it should be....dont be so quick to assume ISI "let" him go when you dont know any of the facts.

9. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Your lack of understanding of financial models aside (how much are you paying those guys, per track? Where is the money for more staff coming from? Different financial models work different ways, not understanding this means a fundamental flaw in your logic), this has nothing to do with recognizing talent (if you hire based on talent alone, you aren't very good at hiring).

10. 88mphTim

Stop posting it, then. :)

11. MarcG

MarcG Registered

that actually made me LOL ;)

12. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

they did not hire him on and that's how they let him go. The tracks he made were on par quality-wise with the ISI tracks. They should have recognized that.

As for financial models- I understand that content will sell units and people make content. ISI has too few of both.

13. MarcG

MarcG Registered

But again how do you know he did'nt turn ISI down for Simbin? How do you know that Simbin did'nt have a contract agreement with him ages ago? you know nothing, you're basing your entire opinion on non-factual evidence and merely presuming that ISI "let" him go. Does that mean ISI have "let" ORSM, Mak Corp, URD go because of their talents?! no it does'nt!

14. 88mphTim

Would you like to borrow my dead horse? You can beat it.

15. MarcG

MarcG Registered

haha! yes I could do with some meat for my burgers tonight :cool:

16. 88mphTim

If you want some meat, how is this:
    ...now the person who said that, appears to be infuriated that we didn't hire someone for a role he said we should fire everyone from.

I'm not sure you can do much about this kind of swaying opinion.

17. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Shocking request! It's a good job these sort of people dont work for the Government.....oh wait ;)

18. Kickbox

Kickbox Registered

I think it's time to change the financial model of ISI.
    Would ISI no longer offer content for free and make rFactor2 done, sure some would run away.
    BUT
    It will pay off.
    3 Tracks for 10 €.
    2 Cars for 10 €.
    The members of "rFactor2" ISI will continue to follow through and pay for everything.
    The 20% run which of them, if you bring a charge or not, not to publish even more content.

Take more money, brings new people and shows Assetto Corsa, iRacing and RaceRoomExpirience where the hammer is.
    Take more money.
    Yes, that what I say, some will not taste. But we want a good sim and rFactor2 can be there.
    Forget about people who are too stingy, it will work without.

Nothing comes from nothing.

When ISI says to me, here are 3 tracks, tracks like the Silverstone 1.14, it cost 10€. I will say: "Give it to me! Fast! Take that money, here! Take it. Thank you!"

19. Johannes Rojola

Johannes Rojola Registered

Sweden or Michigan?

USA needs to get its **** worked out for anybody to want to go there.

20. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Swedish women.....'nuff said ;)