What becomes of rFactor2?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Kickbox, Feb 14, 2014.

1. Kickbox

Kickbox Registered

I sometimes wonder whether rFactor2 the new " Live for Speed ​​" is .
    The new features in the builds are rather weak. Since the current more time has passed as to the version prior to this . Graphically, it sleeps on DX9 as iRacing and then tracks and cars will be built , which can be used only properly if the Definitive version is on the market. In between I still see a space game where ISI was involved , but rFactor2 is still far away from RC or Final .
    What is it now? If the simracer just go to Assetto Corsa or iRacing or does it make more sense to stick to pCARS , they should get their physics in the handle ?
    Then dive cars in the network on how the " APEX Team" ( SLS GT3 0.86 ) or "United Racing Design" , which better feel of how the ISI cars.

Vertsteht not get me wrong, the multiplayer is already on the right track and also physically i like very rFactor2 . It has an uncanny potential that nothing but good is when it falls asleep .

Please, please , builds on the base further and not given to other tracks or cars. That you can then sell later in the form of DLC 's .

2. TomD112

TomD112 Registered

3. Kickbox

Kickbox Registered

I did not make before worse.
    I am worried what about rFactor2.
    I very much hope that this title is as legendary as its predecessor.
    Nothing more.

4. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

I'm assuming what I quoted was the actual point of your post. People who make content, do not code the engine. The speed of development on the builds has nothing to do with time spent on content. I can understand why you want us to not make content, if you prefer modder content, but many do not discount our content that easily, and would like both content and builds.

5. DrR1pper

DrR1pper Registered

"Please sir, i want some more" :D

[​IMG]

6. Kickbox

Kickbox Registered

I think the most important thing is, first time to provide the basis ready. For one, all have already paid for the testing of the beta. Sure, money rules the world.
    Precisely for this reason, I would work now focus on the main title, and afterwards, when everything is ready, replacement delivery more content than paid DLC's.
    Sure there will be some, which does not taste, but look outside the box to iRacing.com or RaceRoomExpirience. All those who take money for every car and every track. It works well and if there are good content, we are sure willing to pay all. Hard work should be rewarded.

7. 88mphTim

We don't do paid DLC, and currently have no plan to do so.

We are focussing on the main title. As you mentioned it before, I should say that the ONE PERSON involved in the space sim was replaced by another ONE PERSON, and he made content anyway, something you're saying we should not make at all.

I am sure that the iRacing method works well for iRacing, and Raceroom works well for Raceroom. That does not mean it works for everyone. Image Space Incorporated has been in business since 1992, iRacing 2004, SIMBIN 2003? We're perfectly content to run our own business rather than let other businesses run ours.

As our content is free, people who purchased rF2 already did reward. The fact we continue development without a monthly fee or taking money for each piece of content should perhaps say something, even if it just says something about those who do so.

8. DrR1pper

DrR1pper Registered

What shocks me most about this fact is that in my mind, i/we are getting rfactor 2 at a price so low for what you get, it almost feels too good to be true; quite frankly a steal. Almost like, waiting for the other shoe to drop.

9. Bsmooth

Bsmooth Registered

I'm sorry to say, I think Kickbox has a good point. While there have been a few improvements, there really has been nothing groundbreaking. Matter of fact there were some things in Rfactor, which have not been brought over. I'm not going to go into what they were, but If you had the original, you know what I mean.
    This is a product for the sim racer by the sim racer so to speak,and normally you would take what you had and build on it, but I get the feeling Rfactor2 is more new and different and didn't really build upon what Rfactor was.

Not to knock Rfactor2 as its been good to us the sim racers and users.But iRacing has some good strategies as well, but they will likely never have AI racing as its strictly an online sim. But their tracks always and I repeat always stress FPS first and looks and eye candy second.
    That is where Project cars really blew it, some of there tracks turned into virtual slide shows. I bought into it and about 6 months ago uninstalled it completly. I brought up the point quite a few times on the forums ,but was told it was my system. My system had no issues with most other sims I use, so its pretty obvious that was just an excuse. I don't need or pay for excuses, otherwise they wouldn't have got the project off the ground in the first place.
    So here I am back for more Rfactor, and glad to come back, but If you want to build an empire, you have to use what you have and can't keep restarting over again. I just hope I don't see RFactor3 too soon as RFactor2 still has a lot to go... I hope.

10. Emil Zhelyazkov

Emil Zhelyazkov Registered

That's why I have purchised Rfactor2 lifetime. I don't want to pay anymore. Just waiting for more ISI historic content. Like AC Cobra and many more. Hope that talanted moders will give our comunity great content for multiplayer race battles. Like we drove Rfactor 1 for many years.
    For me Rfactor2 is the Best sim at the moment. Cars Like Howston, Skip Barber and Marussia are perfect example. These cars feels live in my hands.
    Good job ISI and thank you for that sim.

Sent from my GT-I9300

11. Jamie Shorting

Jamie Shorting Registered

nvm. :)

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 14, 2014
  12. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

Another thread thread about this same subject. So I'll answer in haiku

For the graphics whores
    i feel bad for all of you
    i prefer to race

i don't think rf2 is going anywhere. Once you take advantage of what rf2 does and start racing instead of obsessing over dx9, ugly (but functional) UI and the other minor warts you see that this sim is the most white - knuckle exciting sim out there. It's only going to get better as it matures.

13. Kickbox

Kickbox Registered

Do not understand at all why you want to buy a title for € 80 and then would never pay more. If sales are declining, the programmers turn away and start a new project.
    Space shooting or trade?
    Then you hope for a good community or is betrayed and sold.
    It does cost money and the motivation for the ISI team repeatedly rFactor vorran to drive to improve and also, most importantly, to make known and promote.
    If it is then 40,000 people in the world out there that want to drive rFactor2 regularly, we are on target, which is actually the way.

They pogramming not because they love us, they want and need to make money.
    Hence my suggestion to go this route.
    Provide basic finished, thus making ready and competitors
    then replacement delivery content.
    If a route up just 3 € / $ free and one car only 2.5 € / $.
    Cheaper than at iRacing, so fair in any case and no one has to think twice whether to buy the content or not. ISI is pleased with the sales and supplies continuously after.
    In 2 years you will be the historic race and rally the entire part can still drive.

We want to have all the fun and the whole is now times a business.

14. 88mphTim

Have already explained how the space sim did not affect rF2, you are choosing to ignore that. LFS was never a full-time job for anybody. Everyone at ISI, works for ISI. I can't explain the same thing in the hundred different ways it will take to continue this discussion with you.

Edit: And yes, you have a point, of course. I'm not saying that, I am just saying we're doing what we're doing. Sometimes I think people would be happier if we staged releases, held things back, made ourselves look better by carefully spreading out the work or even giving things to you months behind our development so we can look faster and drive sales in the early stages. That's pretty sad to think.

15. Golanv

Golanv Registered

Must... resist.. the Troll !!!
    [​IMG]

rF2 will become awesomer.

16. cosimo

cosimo Registered

+11!!11oneone

(Lifetime here, and it's a neverending source of awesome)

17. PlickBadger

PlickBadger Registered

What becomes of rFactor2?

Well eventually rFactor3! :)

18. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

19. Emery

Emery Registered

Chicken or egg? You cannot develop a sim's feature set if you do not have content simultaneously taking advantage of the new features. Sim software development cannot occur in a vacuum.

Newish hardware makes all the speed ills go away. Any i5 or i7, a 770GTX, 8 GB RAM, and a 64-bit OS make all the performance issues go away for a single monitor user.

20. Kickbox

Kickbox Registered

Okay, i'll be quiet ;-)